les_paul_lover
03-27-2007, 01:01 PM
hey guys i need some prayer.... i have a awful relationship with my dad. he is always yelling at me. and i am not talking to him. and for the last year i have been cutting. so please pray for me.

DarkestRose
03-27-2007, 01:09 PM
Praying.

The Lamma
03-27-2007, 02:34 PM
I'll be praying.

I Bite
03-29-2007, 10:06 AM
i am praying for you and your dad

les_paul_lover
04-07-2007, 04:20 PM
hey guys things have been little better, i haven't cut in a while. guess my dad has been nicer but its only because my mom is threating him about finding out what her optoins are (like leaving) but i guess i am just really mad at him. he keeps asking me to go to dinner or something, but i just really dont want to talk to him... so prayer would be great, or some advice. :)

The Lamma
04-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Still praying. Do you have any clue what he wants to do at a dinner? Talk about, or something else?

DarkestRose
04-07-2007, 08:56 PM
I'm praying for your family. I hope that your relationship with your dad will get better, but you might have to make the first move. Maybe you should go to dinner with him. And I know it's hard but ask God to help you forgive him.

I Bite
04-08-2007, 11:51 AM
I'm still praying for you

2006 Panheads Award: Best Username

les_paul_lover
04-08-2007, 12:01 PM
no i don't really know want he wants to talk about. every time we talk he always points out what i am doing wrong. and how i shouldn't have done that are i should have done this then he talks like he is sure a good christian and never lives like it. it seems like every time i try to make it better it gets worse. i know i should keep trying, but its so much easyer said then done. thanks for praying yall are the best!!

The Lamma
04-10-2007, 05:21 PM
If he wanted to talk about your relationship, it'd be a very good idea to go. But you should try to stay calm during this -though that may be hard.

theelectric3
04-12-2007, 05:07 PM
no i don't really know want he wants to talk about. every time we talk he always points out what i am doing wrong. and how i shouldn't have done that are i should have done this then he talks like he is sure a good christian and never lives like it. it seems like every time i try to make it better it gets worse. i know i should keep trying, but its so much easyer said then done. thanks for praying yall are the best!!

have you asked God to hear your father's heart?

so often when our parents "come down on us" it is really them showing love and concern for us.

"they sure could be nicer about it."

yes. they should. but we have to remember that no one is perfect. and as we love and honor our parents (as we are commanded to) we will find ourselves getting less and less offended over the tiniest thing.

perhaps the next time your dad "goes off" listen. don't be quick to have a response. even if you feel he is wrong.

"well dad, i appreciate your honesty. i'll take what you have said to prayer."

and don't just say it, do take it to prayer. if there is truth in what he says, ask the Lord to reveal it to you.

sometimes i think truth is speaking... but we don't like the package delivering it and so we close our ears to it.

just something to consider... and i am speaking from experience.

DarkestRose
05-04-2007, 07:43 PM
Been praying for you. How are things going with your dad? How are you feeling?

DarkestRose
05-08-2007, 01:42 AM
Been praying for you. How are things going with your dad? How are you feeling?

Edit: still praying for you and wondering if there is any healing to your relationship with your father?

les_paul_lover
05-19-2007, 05:34 PM
hey yall! sorry i have been gone soo long, we had dail up and well it stoped working. but now we have dsl! :) so it shouldn't just randomly die. i have been doing ok. thing still are not to great. i am not really talking to him. i know i should be praying more about it. but sometimes i am not very motavated. but i am going to try to start spending a least 30mins with god everyday even if it means geting up early

DarkestRose
05-20-2007, 03:55 AM
Okay, well I'll still be praying over your relationship with your father and for your motivation in talking to God. :)