Ziyoshin
03-31-2007, 07:57 PM
These are my some of my favourite metal bands. List yours if u want.
ALL THAT REMAINS
DEMON HUNTER
AS I LAY DYING
KILLSWITCH ENGAGE
AGONY SCENE
LIVING SACRIFICE
NIGHTWISH
THE SHOWDOWN
ZAO

pizza brain
03-31-2007, 08:24 PM
Hey you just took most of mine :P
Becoming the arcitype
Disciple
and a whole bunch of others most of you have never heard of

skynes
04-01-2007, 01:54 PM
I know all mentioned so far, lol.

and a whole bunch of others most of you have never heard of

Tell me them then. I'm always interested in new stuff.

Adding to the list:

Extol
Eternal Decision
Rob Rock

Pretendeavor
04-02-2007, 05:09 AM
The Chariot (www.myspace.com/thechariot)
Norma Jean (www.myspace.com/normajean)
underOATH (www.myspace.com/underoath)
Inhale Exhale (www.myspace.com/inhaleexhale)
Twelve Gauge Valentine (www.myspace.com/twelvegaugevalentine)
August Burns Red (www.myspace.com/augustburnsred)
Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster (www.myspace.com/mayleneandthesonsofdisaster)

Some of the good metal bands I listen to the most on my computer.

timmyrotter
04-02-2007, 10:27 AM
Disciple, Heavy Metal? since when ???

Inhale Exhale
The Showdown
August Burns Red
As i Lay Dying
HIM
Project 86
Stone Sour
Tool

kittygirl
04-02-2007, 12:49 PM
(Twelve Guage Valentine stayed at my friends house before.)

Haste the Day
Earth Crisis

animeraven34
04-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Disciple, Heavy Metal? since when ???

Inhale Exhale
The Showdown
August Burns Red
As i Lay Dying
HIM
Project 86
Stone Sour
Tool
August Burns Red, HIM, Stone Sour heavy metal? Since when? Disciple is more metal than they are.

Neocracy
Aletheian
In The Moment (Chick fronted, and they DON'T sound like Lacuna Coil)
Seven System
Virgin Black
and THE metal band: Metallica

timmyrotter
04-02-2007, 04:00 PM
^ have you ever listened to August burns red? Hardcore / Metal

HIM = Alternative / Rock / Metal so maybe its not to heavy.

Have you ever listened to Stone Sour? im not just talking about their popular radio crossover Through Glass. most of their stuff is heavy metal. Metal / Rock
And im sure you are familiar with the METAL Band Slipknot, stone sour is just members from that band.

Disciple = Rock / Progressive / Alternative?

all the genre catagories are from myspace.

pizza brain
04-02-2007, 05:14 PM
Ummm what a myspace says a band is and what a band are quite offten aren't the same thing. btw P86 isn't even close to metal any more.

timmyrotter
04-02-2007, 05:20 PM
Ummm what a myspace says a band is and what a band are quite offten aren't the same thing. btw P86 isn't even close to metal any more.

why is that? band's myspace's is done by the band itself, so why would they post a untrue genre? you arguement doesnt make sense...

if it makes a differece p86's albums Drawing balck lines, and Truthless hereos are METAL or at least a lot of it is. now they are more of a post HArdcore, ALternative.

lee
04-02-2007, 05:42 PM
LAMB OF GOD!!!!
EXTOL!!!
LIVING SACRIFICE!!
CHILDREN OF BODOM!!!!
CRADEL OF FILTH!!!!
GWAR!!!!

H.I.M IS IN NOOO WAY METAL!!!

LEAVES EYES!!!
DIMMU BORGIR!!!
LACUNA COIL!!!
TYPE O NEGATIVE!!!

TOOL IS NOT METAL EITHER!!!

OPETH!!!
DEVIL DRIVER!!!
VENOM!!!!

gosh guys!!!

PROJECT 86 IS NOT METAL EITHER!!!

DEATH!!!
earth!!!

there you go.. that is some TRUE metal.... :)

timmyrotter
04-02-2007, 05:54 PM
LAMB OF GOD!!!!
EXTOL!!!
LIVING SACRIFICE!!
CHILDREN OF BODOM!!!!
CRADEL OF FILTH!!!!
GWAR!!!!

H.I.M IS IN NOOO WAY METAL!!!

LEAVES EYES!!!
DIMMU BORGIR!!!
LACUNA COIL!!!
TYPE O NEGATIVE!!!

TOOL IS NOT METAL EITHER!!!

OPETH!!!
DEVIL DRIVER!!!
VENOM!!!!

gosh guys!!!

PROJECT 86 IS NOT METAL EITHER!!!

DEATH!!!
earth!!!

there you go.. that is some TRUE metal.... :)

back it up bro. Tool is indeed alternative METAL. statements without backup are pointless.

lee
04-02-2007, 06:00 PM
ok.... tool is indeed alt metal... yes.. that is true... but metal...nooooooooooooooo.. true metal... i think not...lamb of god is true metal.... and ussually alt. metal has a more hard rock sound... becasue, if 30 seconds to mars can be considered,which they have been, then the metal world has lost it's mind...

timmyrotter
04-02-2007, 06:03 PM
ok.... tool is indeed alt metal... yes.. that is true... but metal...nooooooooooooooo.. true metal... i think not...lamb of god is true metal.... and ussually alt. metal has a more hard rock sound... becasue, if 30 seconds to mars can be considered,which they have been, then the metal world has lost it's mind...

i see what you are saying, but if you want ot get into that, true Rock lost its meaning decades ago... but my bands are considered Metal now, its all in the progression of genres, like it or not.

forceflow17
04-03-2007, 10:21 AM
bloodling calligraphy

flee the seen, more post metalcore

here i come falling

jesus wept

lee
04-03-2007, 02:14 PM
i see what you are saying, but if you want ot get into that, true Rock lost its meaning decades ago... but my bands are considered Metal now, its all in the progression of genres, like it or not.

OK, if we are talking nu-metal, alt. metal stuff...

slipknot
chevelle
puddle of mudd
helmet
staind
korn
three days grace
system of a down
disturbed
rob zombie
linkin park
mudvayne
deftones
audioslave
18 visions
a perfect circle
sevendust
fuel
saliva..

just to name a few.... :)

Grunge=Fun
04-03-2007, 02:14 PM
HAHA most of you guys are really dumb when it comes to music. Metal has been around since the 70s! Go take a gander will you and listen to Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, Dio! Those bands are so much more metal then some of the new bands out there. Some of my favorites are:

Dream Theater
Children of Bodom
Pantera
Metallica
Ozzy Osbourne
Black Label Society
Motorhead
Megadeth
Judas Priest

and obviously there are NU METAL bands that are pretty good.

timmyrotter
04-03-2007, 03:59 PM
OK, if we are talking nu-metal, alt. metal stuff...

slipknot
chevelle
puddle of mudd
helmet
staind
korn
three days grace
system of a down
disturbed
rob zombie
linkin park
mudvayne
deftones
audioslave
18 visions
a perfect circle
sevendust
fuel
saliva..

just to name a few.... :)

true metal... its all in perspectives, what one perceives as true metal, one may also perceive it as something other. who is to say what true metal is?

timmyrotter
04-03-2007, 03:59 PM
HAHA most of you guys are really dumb when it comes to music.

back it up bra...

lee
04-03-2007, 04:17 PM
true metal... its all in perspectives, what one perceives as true metal, one may also perceive it as something other. who is to say what true metal is?

ok.. no where in that post did i talk about true metal.. i was only naming nu-metal bands or alt.metal bands...

timmyrotter
04-03-2007, 09:47 PM
ok.. no where in that post did i talk about true metal.. i was only naming nu-metal bands or alt.metal bands...

then i quoted the wrong post... my statements stand.

bob
04-04-2007, 05:04 AM
Here's just a short list of my favorite metal bands:

Disciple
Demon Hunter
Becoming the Archetype
Sinai Beach
Killswitch Engage
Dream Theater
Zao (Yes, I know they're considered hardcore by some)
Staple
Seventh Seal
As I Lay Dying
etc.

Grunge=Fun
04-04-2007, 09:07 AM
Here's just a short list of my favorite metal bands:

Disciple
Demon Hunter
Becoming the Archetype
Sinai Beach
Killswitch Engage
Dream Theater
Zao (Yes, I know they're considered hardcore by some)
Staple
Seventh Seal
As I Lay Dying
etc.

Yes Dream Theater is amazing!

When it comes to a lot of bands that people are naming on here they are in sub-genres of metal ex. hardcore, screamo etc. I just think its funny when people say they like metal and throw in Bullet For My Valentine... not that anyone on here has done that... heh.

bob
04-04-2007, 09:10 AM
Yes Dream Theater is amazing!

True enough. I can't wait for their new album in June.

Grunge=Fun
04-04-2007, 09:17 AM
True enough. I can't wait for their new album in June.

It is one thing i've been anticipating since their last release :afro: it should be amazing.

animeraven34
04-04-2007, 11:10 AM
This was my point in the first place, although I could have gone about it in a different way. True Metal was blurred beyond recognition long ago. So who's to say a band like Disciple isn't metal and a band like August Burns Red is? And, btw, yes I've heard ABR. I owned Thrillseeker for a while, sold it; and I saw them in concert at Cornerstone. I've never cared for them.

In my last post, I mistakenly listed a band as In The Moment. The band's name is actually In This Moment.

Ziyoshin
04-05-2007, 08:34 PM
Apocalyptica is a odd combination of metal and well just watch this.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G3Ny7ACtqM
these guys are talanted!

lee
04-07-2007, 03:58 PM
omg!!!! those guys kick butt... i HAVE to buy one of their cds..wooooow.....it is like some serious symphonic metal...wooow...

skynes
04-08-2007, 07:59 AM
Apocalyptica ...

Yeah their Metallica covers are really nice.

Quadripedman
04-14-2007, 01:39 PM
check out sonata arctica. their a finnish power metal band. pretty much all clean too, cept for like one or two minor words. here they are. (http://sonataarctica.info)

zjf
04-15-2007, 05:59 AM
If you want to get down to it, the *TRUE* metal bands are Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath et al. They are the ones that started the movement towards metal and are borderline in and of themselves. Led Zeppelin is considered classic rock these days, but if you look at it, they have all the elements of classic metal (70's and 80's): falsetto vocals, heavy riff-based guitar lines, and a fast beat. They are *TRUE* metal. All the others are just rehashes of the original. :-P

That said, I prefer metal bands like Nightwish, Dokken, Ratt, Tourniquet, DragonForce, Demons and Wizards, Iced Earth, and most Epic/Symphonic/Melodic metal. It's the closest we have these days to the metal of yesteryear, and sounds the most precise.

zjf
04-15-2007, 06:02 AM
...ooo...the dreaded double post!

No really. I suppose I need to read the entire thread before I throw my comments out there, as the majority of the previous posting is already commented on by everyone before me since I didn't read page 2 like I thought I had. :-P

I didn't edit because I'm on my old powerbook and am lazy, and it's right before church, so deal with it. :-P

skynes
04-15-2007, 07:43 AM
Turmion Katilot (http://www.turmionkatilot.com/media/turmionkatilot-teurastaja.mp3)

imbosse
04-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Becoming The Archetype rules!!!