unshakeable15
04-01-2007, 07:10 PM
Will we eat meat in Heaven?

In Isaiah 11, it prophecies of Jesus (a shoot out of Jesse) and it talks, in verse 6, that a "wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat."

Now, i'm not sure if this is a correct interpretation of the verse (it could be purely symbolic), but it seems the common consensus (as in, the consensus from the common man) is that Heaven will be where the lion and the lamb can lie together.

In fact, that seems to be the picture we get from the Garden of Eden. It doesn't talk about animals being killed, or even death at all, until our forebearers ate of the damning fruit. So, it would be logical to infer that Adam and Eve were vegetarians.

If i am reading things correctly, Pre-fall and Post-Return are both vegetarian-based societies.

Even if the verse in Isaiah is symbolic, why would Eden be vegetarian but not Heaven?

bob
04-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Well are we even going to eat in Heaven? What would be the point?

DarkestRose
04-01-2007, 07:24 PM
I have heard the theory that in Eden, Adam and Eve ate an organic, raw-vegan sort of diet. Some people have, for this reason, presented the idea that this was the ideal diet that God intended for us. They think the ingesting of animal products is part of the result of a fallen world. I’m not quite sure about that because Jesus ate fish. So, even if it were not the ideal, it wouldn’t be a sin to eat meat. I’m not quite sure about Heaven.

skynes
04-02-2007, 02:43 AM
Pre-fall was definitely vegetarian. The Bible says that the plants of the earth were for food.

Wedding feast of the lamb? You know we're not gonna be spirits right? We will have bodies. Jesus' glorified body ate fish, so why would our body be any different?

Some people have, for this reason, presented the idea that this was the ideal diet that God intended for us.

Patially right. Since we don't currently know what kind of plants existed pre-fall, there may have been some exceptionally good plants for vitamins. I mean even better Iron sources than red meat! But... flood... destruction etc. No more plant. So God lets us eat meat to get the same nutrients.

They think the ingesting of animal products is part of the result of a fallen world.

Lol, to take the argument a step further...

Incest is part of the result of a fallen world. In a perfect world we should all be able to mate with our brothers and sisters.

Following their line of thought, it's true.

I’m not quite sure about Heaven.

This is heaven... ya know no more sin or death? Or regardless what we have to eat, none of it is sin.

This brings to mind an episode of the Simpsons were they dream themselves as part of the Bible.

Homer and Marge were Adam and Eve in Eden. A pig walks up to Homer and asks him what he wants today, then reaches into himself, pulls out a few pork chops and hands them over. Pig totally unharmed.

alienyouth9292
04-02-2007, 04:17 AM
in heaven, everything will be perfect so i don't think that our bodies will need food anymore. that is a earthly trait...

Tromos
04-02-2007, 05:51 AM
Jesus' glorified body ate fish, so why would our body be any different?

I would tend to think that this was for the sake of our unbelief, not because His body needed the food.

skynes
04-02-2007, 06:08 AM
I would tend to think that this was for the sake of our unbelief, not because His body needed the food.

More than likely yes, but it at least shows the bodies are capable of eating.

As for requiring food to live... To my memory nothing in scripture says either way. There is the wedding feast of the lamb. I have no reason to believe it's only metaphorical. This is the total end of evil. It's all contained forever. So why should we not feast in celebration?

Tromos
04-02-2007, 11:26 AM
As for requiring food to live... To my memory nothing in scripture says either way. There is the wedding feast of the lamb. I have no reason to believe it's only metaphorical. This is the total end of evil. It's all contained forever. So why should we not feast in celebration?

Jesus uses the feast as a metaphor in any number of his teachings. Why would the feast of the Lamb necessarily include the physical consumption of foodstuffs? If, in fact, "man does not live on bread alone but upon every word that comes forth from the mouth of God" as stated in Deut 8:3 and quoted by Jesus in Matt 4:4, then the feast of the Lamb could be a feast upon the presence and the joy of God - which seems a more consistent description of Heaven with what most of us imagine.

And finally, would you then be suggesting that there will be toilets or some sort of mechanism for the release of digested food in Heaven? If we physically eat ...

Xon_*
04-02-2007, 11:54 AM
If God created Adam and Eve to eat before the fall, I think God will allow us to eat after Judgement day as well. I don't think we will eat because we have to, but because we want to, for enjoyment

The thing is, we will be able to eat, because we will be like Jesus, and he was able to eat.

(Gen 9:3) Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herb.

After the flood God changed the diet of man. So eating of meat is also a godly institution.

skynes
04-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Jesus uses the feast as a metaphor in any number of his teachings. Why would the feast of the Lamb necessarily include the physical consumption of foodstuffs?

Nothing says otherwise. I would quite like the idea of stuffing my face with all the saints of history.

then the

see the bread alone bit? Jesus is saying that men need more than just bread, He never suggests men NEVER need bread.

[QUOTE]feast of the Lamb could be a feast upon the presence and the joy of God

I think that's pushing the metaphor a bit too far...

- which seems a more consistent description of Heaven with what most of us imagine.

Scripture says eye has not seen nor heard heard nor entered into the hearts of man the things God has prepared for those who love Him.

So our imaginations of heaven are all incorrect.

And finally, would you then be suggesting that there will be toilets or some sort of mechanism for the release of digested food in Heaven? If we physically eat ...

To make this clear, after the end days, there is a new heaven and a new earth. God makes His throne upon earth and lives on earth forever.

So do I suggest that toilets exist on earth after the end? ... Why not?

When on the subject of new heaven and earth, everything is theory. If we're going to be serving God for all eternity there must be 'something' for us to do?

unshakeable15
04-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Exactly! Even though our common thought of heaven is as a place where we are constantly bowing down in worship of God, i don't think that's quite correct. It will be constant worship, to be sure, but worship isn't just eating carpet and calling out "Holy, holy, holy" 'til our lungs cave in. It's in life.

God created heaven for us. Yes, created. He doesn't need it. So, don't you think the things we enjoy here (those enjoyable things that are good, and true, and right, and honorable, etc.), don't you think those will have some place in heaven? Eating, sleeping, sports, conversation, art, literature: all, i think, have a place in heaven. Not just A place, but their PROPER place.

skilletfreak101
04-03-2007, 05:14 PM
God created heaven for us. Yes, created. He doesn't need it. So, don't you think the things we enjoy here (those enjoyable things that are good, and true, and right, and honorable, etc.), don't you think those will have some place in heaven? Eating, sleeping, sports, conversation, art, literature: all, i think, have a place in heaven. Not just A place, but their PROPER place.

I agree with that. it says in the Bible that God created the mountains for only one reason, for our enjoyment. God wants us to have fun in life and do things that are enjoyable, and Heaven will be like the things we love here, but a million times better. As for the food situation, I believe that if God had to choose a diet for himself, He would probably cut out all meat. In the Bible where it talks about the story of Daniel, there is the part where God tells Daniel not to eat of the meat that the king offers him, but to eat beans, plants, etc. This was merely for the sake of his health and so that he would have a strong and healthy body. If we looked at the long-lasting effects of not eating meat, cutting it out of the diet would be a very logical and smart thing to do. Unfortunately, I love meat and that probably won't happen soon, but I would eventually like to get to that point in my life because I want to live a healthy life and have a healthy body, which is God's will for me.

NightCrawler
04-03-2007, 05:31 PM
I believe we will be working, sharing, loving, eating, breathing, etc.

There will be no death, to my understanding.

Remember, Paul said "whether you eat, drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God" (okay, not verbatim). So, wouldn't that be what we are doing in heaven, only without sin? Glory to God in the highest, praise be His name.

BTW
Heaven -> Paradise -> garden (in greek)

Adam and Even -> In Garden of Eden -> Working the ground and enjoying life without sin

ooooo?

The Lamma
04-03-2007, 05:32 PM
I agree that our bodies won't need food. But maybe will eat it because it is simply pleasureful? Maybe we will be able to eat all day, because nothing will harm us...And maybe meat will be created by God without the cow or chicken?

skynes
04-04-2007, 02:53 AM
it says in the Bible that God created the mountains for only one reason, for our enjoyment.

Ooo do show me.

there is the part where God tells Daniel not to eat of the meat that the king offers him, but to eat beans, plants, etc. This was merely for the sake of his health and so that he would have a strong and healthy body.

I know Daniel ate veggies. But was it because of his health? Is it possible the meat the king ate was sacrificed to idols? (which although Paul said were of nothing, this was OT covenant which I think may have acted differently regarding this.)

If we looked at the long-lasting effects of not eating meat, cutting it out of the diet would be a very logical and smart thing to do.

...Until aneamia sets in. Then you're wishing you had red meat for the Iron, lol.

I agree that our bodies won't need food.

Where in scripture does it say our bodies will not need food?

V-Ball Queen 32
04-04-2007, 04:46 AM
I'm not sure. I personally have no problem with meat/dairy that's not pesticide/weird hormones infested. It's not like we torture the animals for pleasure and have some sort of "dinner and a show", if you know what I mean.

As for religious reasons, I don't know enough so I can't really get into that.

Grunge=Fun
04-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Maybe i'm being blinded by Satan but wasnt there some part where God told Matthew it was ok to eat meat as long as he gave thanks for it? I know this has nothing to do with God eating meat but i'm just saying in general. i'll try to find the verse to if there is one.

bob
04-04-2007, 10:36 AM
Maybe i'm being blinded by Satan but wasnt there some part where God told Matthew it was ok to eat meat as long as he gave thanks for it?

Are you referring to Acts 10 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts%2010;&version=50;) where God tells Peter its okay to eat what God has cleansed for him? The reason God did that was so Peter would visit Caesarea without having any second thoughts because they were considered unclean to the Jewish nation back then.

Grunge=Fun
04-04-2007, 10:41 AM
This was the verse I was thinking of and I found it!

Genesis 9:1-3 says: "Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. The fear and dread of you will fall upon all of the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands. Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, now I give you everything."

So God actually told us it was ok to eat meat. This obviously came from the fall of man but dont think that if you eat meat your a sinner.

bob
04-04-2007, 10:42 AM
So God actually told us it was ok to eat meat.

Well, yes, but later he laid down laws on the Israelites in Leviticus on what was okay to eat or not. But that doesn't matter because Christ fulfilled the law so it doesn't apply to us anymore.

But the fact of the matter is, we're not talking about eating meat on Earth, we're talking about whether there's going to be meat in heaven for us to eat.

Grunge=Fun
04-04-2007, 10:49 AM
I find eating meat in heaven unlikely because that would promote death. Unless God has plants that grows porthouse steaks that would be amazing! Whatever food God has prepared in heaven will be a million times better then what we have here anyways.

NightCrawler
04-05-2007, 07:33 AM
Mark 7
17After he had left the crowd and entered the house, his disciples asked him about this parable. 18"Are you so dull?" he asked. "Don't you see that nothing that enters a man from the outside can make him 'unclean'? 19For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body." (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods "clean.")

dawn of light
04-05-2007, 10:30 AM
I find eating meat in heaven unlikely because that would promote death. Unless God has plants that grows porthouse steaks that would be amazing! Whatever food God has prepared in heaven will be a million times better then what we have here anyways.

Which would mean that we can't eat plants in heaven either. Because then they would DIE.

The Lamma
04-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Like I said before, maybe God will make it just 'appear'. Who knows, lol. And Skynes, if heaven is place where there is no dying crying, ect., why would you need food? The first result in not eating is pain and 'crying', and then eventually death.

unshakeable15
04-05-2007, 01:54 PM
This is heaven. Just because you don't eat doesn't mean you'll die. Technically, on earth, you can not eat but still live. You'd get your nutrients through IV, but you wouldn't be eating.

skynes
04-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Like I said before, maybe God will make it just 'appear'. Who knows, lol. And Skynes, if heaven is place where there is no dying crying, ect., why would you need food? The first result in not eating is pain and 'crying', and then eventually death.

Don't dodge a question with a question, lol.

I'll have to check up on this. But I 'think' the Bible says that all of creation will be reset back to what it was like pre-fall. Now pre-fall, Adam needed to eat. If the world is set back to pre-fall style. Eating will be normal.

After the end of the world, Heaven will be done away with. God will no longer dwell in heaven. His dwelling will be on earth. (Revelation 21)

Ergo: Our eternal dwelling will be upon a new earth, not in heaven.

The Lamma
04-05-2007, 04:38 PM
I guess we think of the new earth as 'heaven'. I don't remember anything about anything saying anything (a lot of anything, lol) about it being the same as pre-fall. I don't remember hearing or reading anything about what the new earth will be like at all, except that it will be covered in gems and that there will be no sinning, weeping, dying, ect.

bob
04-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Revelation 7: 15 - 17

15 Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple. And He who sits on the throne will dwell among them. 16 They shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any heat; 17 for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”

Just a thought.

DarkestRose
04-05-2007, 08:43 PM
When it says we shall not hunger or thrist, does the verse mean we shall no longer have the physical sensations of hunger or thrist? Or that we won't feel that way because we'll always have those feelings met?

The Lamma
04-05-2007, 09:06 PM
Good question. What I get from it, though, is that we won't need food, but that doesn't mean that we won't be eating it. But thats already been said before...

bob
04-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Good question. What I get from it, though, is that we won't need food, but that doesn't mean that we won't be eating it. But thats already been said before...

So we'll eat food even though we don't need it and Heaven will be a place full of obese people? :P

The Lamma
04-05-2007, 09:14 PM
In my opinion we'll eat it 'cause its pleasureful, and it wont affect us. But who knows what our bodies will be like? Will we even be phisical?

skynes
04-06-2007, 03:41 AM
Will we even be phisical?

You know if you regularly studied your bible you would know the answer to this.

Yes, we will be physical. Humans were designed to be physical. Our entire mind, body and spirit were built to be in a physical realm.

Jesus' glorified body was able to touch, feel and eat.

The Lamma
04-06-2007, 10:55 AM
It doesn't say everything in every book...But thats why people encourage you to study you're WHOLE Bible, lol. Wheres it say we're phisical in the new earth?

skynes
04-06-2007, 11:02 AM
Wheres it say we're phisical in the new earth?

Sorry but I'm not doing your research for you.

Show me where it says we're not.

The Lamma
04-06-2007, 11:18 AM
Thats the problwm with this stuff, lol. Neither of us are willing to research, and the other person always comes back with something like you said. "show me where is says we're not." If it doesn't say either way, you have no proof either way.

skynes
04-06-2007, 11:37 AM
Neither of us are willing to research

ROFL! In most conversations we've had, I've supported everything I've said with scripture, except where I've explicitly stated it to be opinion. So where you get this not willing to research idea from I don't know. I'm happy to research, I'm just not happy to do YOUR research.

and to quote a few posts back of mine:

Since Jesus could be touched by Thomas, could eat fish etc. He must thave been physical.

The Lamma
04-06-2007, 04:54 PM
Yes but that was on THIS earth. And he could eat, but like previously stated, he might've done it for his disciples.

As for the research, there are a couple places where I've noticed for sure that neither of us have been researching...

unshakeable15
04-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Jesus also said during the last supper that he wouldn't drink of the fruit of the vine until he did so with his disciples in his Father's kingdom (in Matthew (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=47&chapter=26&verse=29&version=31&context=verse))

Why would Jesus say this if there was no eating or drinking in Heaven?

bob
04-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Well, why would we have to eat or drink in heaven? I mean, I seriously doubt that God eats. And yes, we're going to be in physical form, but . . . I dunno. I guess I'll just have to wait until I die. :)

unshakeable15
04-08-2007, 05:18 PM
To quote myself:
We would eat for the enjoyment. Not to mention, the community that comes from eating. There is a special bond created when you eat with someone (and not just a fast food meal sitting at the same table as a stranger during school).

Here's another thought. Jesus, in his resurrected body, had the holes in his hands, feet and side still intact. That makes things awkward when using his hands (fingers don't like to move when tendons are broken from a nail) or walking around (how many bones are in your feet? ever tried walking on a foot that has even one broken or hurting piece?) or even just living (that spear in the side pierced pretty good to get blood and water flowing; it could, concievably, leave his intestines open for inspection, should anyone so desire).

Why do i bring that up? Jesus' resurrected body, though wounded, still worked perfectly. So, though you haven't eaten in 20 days in Heaven, you could still work perfectly. You don't need to eat to survive, but it makes for good times when you do. At least, those are my thoughts on things.

The Lamma
04-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Good points, and I quite agree. There is a reason why people invite you for dinner, not just to sit around. Or at least have tea. Also, there is a reason places like my youth group like to have food.

Quadripedman
04-12-2007, 05:58 PM

yea, my friend said to me, "Get this, in Heaven we won't have our bodies, so what will we look like? The BIBLE says though, that we will recognze each other--amazing..."

(clarification: he meant that we dont have our earthly bodies, that we are given new ones by God so i still dont know what to think....

he doesnt have the verses to back this up, so i dont know what to think.

annnnnnnnneeeeeewwwwwwwwaaaaaaayyyyyy....

back on topic: if we dont have our bodies, why would we need to eat? and if there's no pain or suffering in Heaven, what would be the point of eating, if we couldnt feel pain from not eating? i would say that we dont have to eat in Heaven, but thats just my openion. any verses would be highly appreciated. ;D

bob
04-12-2007, 06:47 PM
yea, my friend said to me, "Get this, in Heaven we won't have our bodies, so what will we look like?

We will have bodies in heaven. :P Jesus had a body after he died and came back to life. But we've already discussed this and lets not talk in circles. ;)

The Lamma
04-13-2007, 10:10 AM
But He was on this earth then and might've been for his disciples... Ehem. Sorry. Lol. I think I might not say much else, since I'm doing the 30 hr Famine right now...

NightCrawler
04-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Will we eat meat in Heaven?
Anyone notice this question is not the same as the thread title?

I don't think God eats meat. But if the feast is literal in heaven, then I do not know (nor would I be surprised either way) if God does or does not eat meat.

As for humans, likewise. God is self-sufficient, however, so he never needed to eat meat or anything... ever. Jesus, being fully God and fully man, however, probably ate meat.

unshakeable15
04-13-2007, 03:51 PM
It took 4 pages for someone to notice? ;D It was a more captivating title than the other option, and it still has something to do with the topic at hand.

Joe, read over the previous pages. Both questions have been answered previously. One of them twice by myself alone. It's good internet etiquette to read a thread in at least a cursory manner before you post in it.

Quadripedman
04-13-2007, 05:13 PM
mmhmm. sorry. i was reading it when i was posting, but i hadnt finished reading all of it, and when i had, i never got around to editing my post. and my friend clarified: he said that we get new bodies, but still i would like to know where it says that in the Bible. (if that was already answered....sorry....):-[

unshakeable15
04-15-2007, 08:57 PM
You know if you regularly studied your bible you would know the answer to this.

Yes, we will be physical. Humans were designed to be physical. Our entire mind, body and spirit were built to be in a physical realm.

This is about as close as we've gotten to an answer on that one. Scott told Lamma to do research for his own questions, and neither has yet to come up with Biblical grounds for their stances.

Pester them if you must pester anybody. ;)

skynes
04-15-2007, 10:41 PM
This is about as close as we've gotten to an answer on that one. Scott told Lamma to do research for his own questions, and neither has yet to come up with Biblical grounds for their stances.

Due to lack of time more than anything else. I'm studying up about a half dozen other things right now, lol. Mostly for my Cliches thing.

But as a quick search

Rom 8:23 "Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body. "

Rom 8:11 "But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you."

1 Co 15:42 "So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. "

Philippians 3:21 "who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself. "

I'm sorry but I don't have time right now to search through all these individually to find how relevant they are.

-----

As a quick thought: Is there going to be a resurrection of the dead?

If yes, it must be as a body.

If no, the Bible lies.

The Lamma
04-16-2007, 12:05 PM
As a quick thought: Is there going to be a resurrection of the dead?

If yes, it must be as a body.

If no, the Bible lies.

Again, it might not be literal. But yes, the Bible does say that "the dead in Christ will rise first", and such.

And I've forgotten my stance...I've been off the last couple of days and my mind went blank, lol.

skynes
04-16-2007, 12:11 PM
Again, it might not be literal.

Was Jesus literally raised from the dead?

bob
04-16-2007, 12:48 PM
Was Jesus literally raised from the dead?

Heh, nope. Jesus actually went into a three day coma. Its probably the greatest metaphor ever.

The Lamma
04-16-2007, 05:20 PM
Bob...Lol. Do note that half of what Jesus said was in metaphors, along with half of the rest of the Bible.

NightCrawler
04-17-2007, 06:31 AM
Bob...Lol. Do note that half of what Jesus said was in metaphors, along with half of the rest of the Bible.
Wrong. Over half of the Bible is of historical texts of the Jewish tribes from the time of Abraham to after captivity in Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, and similar.

And Jesus spoke in parables, but he usually had a sentence like "The Kingdom of Heaven is like...[dadada]" when he was using a metaphor.

bob
04-17-2007, 09:58 AM
Yeah, Jesus only talks a lot in a handful of books (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Revelation). The majority of the bible are historical texts.

The Lamma
04-17-2007, 10:43 AM
I did again. Over-exaggerated. I meant a lot (aka parables), not even a majority though, were metaphors. You just gotta know me, I guess.

skynes
04-17-2007, 10:45 AM
What I was getting at is something that occured to me. If we will not have a physical body, then there is no resurrection of the dead. This was a huge contention in the early church. Paul and the Apostles repeatedly went over and over about how there IS a resurrection of the dead and it IS in the future.

What's this got to do with bodies in heaven?

Well if all we are is spirits, we won't need a resurrection. But since the Bible affirms a resurrection of the dead, we must have bodies.

The Lamma
04-17-2007, 10:58 AM
What says that the resurrection will be our bodies? Maybe this might clear things up - if we can indeed come up with an answer. Where do our spirits go before then?

skynes
04-17-2007, 11:43 AM
What says that the resurrection will be our bodies?

Common sense! A Resurrection is when a dead body is brought to life. That is the context used when Jesus rose from the dead and is the context of all of Paul's use of it.

Without this resurrection, Paul himself says, our entire faith is a lie,

bob
04-17-2007, 01:03 PM
But since the Bible affirms a resurrection of the dead, we must have bodies.

What about people who have been cremated or have died in a fire or some accident where none of their body remains?

NightCrawler
04-17-2007, 01:09 PM
Common sense! A Resurrection is when a dead body is brought to life. That is the context used when Jesus rose from the dead and is the context of all of Paul's use of it.

Without this resurrection, Paul himself says, our entire faith is a lie,
Scottie, I hope I might someday take your place as Scripturally-backed poster. I strongly suggest reading 1 Corinthians 15 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Corinthians%2015&version=31):12-54 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Corinthians%2015:12-54;&version=31;)

1 Corinthians 15
13If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith.

and then later, same chapter

49And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so shall we[or let us] bear the likeness of the man from heaven. 50I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

From these passages, my understanding is that (given the context of a physically risen Christ) our temporary bodies will be brought back to life, reunited with spirits, and the bodies will be made everlasting/eternal.

NightCrawler
04-17-2007, 01:11 PM
What about people who have been cremated or have died in a fire or some accident where none of their body remains?
That is irrelevant.

What if a widow had a little bit of flour and oil for making bread (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Kings%2017:12-15;&version=31;)?

The Lord will provide.

skynes
04-17-2007, 01:21 PM

Is it beyond God's power to restore a body?

Scottie, I hope I might someday take your place as Scripturally-backed poster. I strongly suggest reading

I was kinda hoping someone would take the hint and go look it up! Can't always be me doing all the reading now :)

bob
04-17-2007, 01:27 PM
Is it beyond God's power to restore a body?

Good point.

The Lamma
04-17-2007, 04:28 PM
Another thing Paul said about oour faith being a lie is that if we only have hope in Christ in this life, we are to be pitied more than all men. I forget the refference, but thats one of the things Paul says, if you were thinking that. And Jonathan said that our bodies will be changed. Actually, there is a verse saying that we will be changed in a flash, in the blinking of an eye. So it won't be our original bodies, but transformed ones, that might not eat.