I Bite
04-02-2007, 12:03 PM
So did anyone do pranks for April Fools? If so, what did you do?

My sister, friend, and I soaped toilets, vaselined doorknobs, food coloured handsoap, put pink food colouring and bubble bath in the tank of the toilets, and we were gonna put food colouring in the shampoos, but were pretty much caught, so didn't.
all harmless, all fun.

timmyrotter
04-02-2007, 05:24 PM
my 45 year old mom convinced me she was pregnant! it freaked me out, especially cause my dad had a visectamie (sp?) after my 12 year-old sister was born.

as~i~lay~dying
04-02-2007, 07:12 PM
Haha. That's Hilarious! I tried- but I am an aweful liar-

The Lamma
04-02-2007, 07:31 PM
I'm a bad April fooler...But it seemed as if nothing happened here of the sort...

terrasin
04-02-2007, 07:52 PM
Luckily, I had the day off. Had there been a show, I can only imagine what would go on...

CJ

bob
04-02-2007, 07:52 PM
I did no trickery this year.

ak_happy_gurl
04-02-2007, 08:40 PM
well hi there I think I know you haha and yes I do remember that....and well no I didn't do anything this year but I wanted to!

timmyrotter
04-02-2007, 09:05 PM
no one on the boards did any either. last year i think it was, there was a thread started about John Cooper going to outer space. sounds absurd but it was surprisingly convincing.

I Bite
04-02-2007, 09:25 PM
lol, now ^ that...was a good one.

bob
04-02-2007, 09:25 PM
John would be the type to go to space . . . but I couldn't see him driving halfway across the country in a diaper.

unshakeable15
04-05-2007, 10:22 PM
i did rather enjoy (and fall for) Google's April Fools joke (http://mail.google.com/mail/help/paper/index.html) this year. They've had a couple in the past as well, but this one was most convincing.

timmyrotter
04-05-2007, 10:27 PM
i did rather enjoy (and fall for) Google's April Fools joke (http://mail.google.com/mail/help/paper/index.html) this year. They've had a couple in the past as well, but this one was most convincing.

that is hilarious! first ive seen it.

The Lamma
04-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Wow...Thats great. But what if it was true. :o lol

I Bite
04-06-2007, 05:09 PM

that was pretty sweet

first my sister said, "thats cool"
when i laughed at her, she said, "i don't get it..."

it was funny

alorian
04-06-2007, 06:34 PM
Haha crap, and I thought it was true :P

I pulled one on my mom haha. I told her that the night of March 31 I hadn't had any sleep at all as I was on the phone with Cristine AKA my florida ex and that after talking to her for 10 hours and fifteen minutes I decided to move back there with her from Colorado. I had a nice huge improv'd story that was totally believable heheh. It was amazing. She was in shock :P

Maxdude360
04-06-2007, 07:17 PM
my friend and i opened these 2 girl's lockers and took all their books out and stuffed their lockers with packing peanuts and wen they opened them they all fell out

I Bite
04-07-2007, 09:41 AM
thats kinda funny
:D

The Lamma
04-07-2007, 06:21 PM
That is funny, lol

Maxdude360
04-07-2007, 07:53 PM
it was rely funny. they got us back tho cuz in history we got called to the office and our principal yelled at us for about 5 minutes about that. then they burst thru the door and yelled april fools. that was pretty good i actually thought our principal was mad lol

bob
04-07-2007, 08:49 PM
it was rely funny. they got us back tho cuz in history we got called to the office and our principal yelled at us for about 5 minutes about that. then they burst thru the door and yelled april fools. that was pretty good i actually thought our principal was mad lol

That my friend, is totally hilarious. Reverse-pwnage on you. :)

Maxdude360
04-08-2007, 07:09 AM
i no rely. we honestly thought we were in trouble

I Bite
04-08-2007, 11:37 AM

That is honestly...Just awesome.

Thats even better than what you did to them :D

unshakeable15
04-08-2007, 04:48 PM
i concur. :D Your principal must be one cool guy (or lady).

i fell for the Google paper thing as well. It was much more believable than their Pigeon Rank (http://www.google.com/technology/pigeonrank.html) prank.
_________

And look what i just found: www.googleaprilfools.com

I Bite
04-08-2007, 05:32 PM
i concur. :D Your principal must be one cool guy (or lady).

i fell for the Google paper thing as well. It was much more believable than their Pigeon Rank (http://www.google.com/technology/pigeonrank.html) prank.
_________

And look what i just found: www.googleaprilfools.com

oh, my word. that pigeon rank was...pitiful.

i expected more :D

2006 Panheads Awards: Best Username

Maxdude360
04-08-2007, 05:56 PM
ya so did i it was just...sorry lol

DarkestRose
04-08-2007, 06:25 PM
Pigeon thing is kinda cute, but unbelievable.

the rocker
04-08-2007, 06:46 PM
Story time

I was in New Orleans on a missions trip, and on this particular April the 1st my youth group raided one of the Wal-Marts down there for supplies and whatever we needed on the trip. And then there was The Game. We would find random [or purposely stupid] items [A pineapple, a rap cd, a rapping easter bunny...] from off the shelf, wait until someone's cart was left unoccupied, and hide it with the rest of their stuff. It was so much fun, whoa, I'm not even kdding.

I Bite
04-09-2007, 09:31 AM
Story time

I was in New Orleans on a missions trip, and on this particular April the 1st my youth group raided one of the Wal-Marts down there for supplies and whatever we needed on the trip. And then there was The Game. We would find random [or purposely stupid] items [A pineapple, a rap cd, a rapping easter bunny...] from off the shelf, wait until someone's cart was left unoccupied, and hide it with the rest of their stuff. It was so much fun, whoa, I'm not even kdding.

thats awesome, seriously.

that sounds like it would be almost as much fun as playing sardines in wal mart.

forceflow17
04-10-2007, 12:14 PM
my only prank was telling my little sister a couple of days before that april fools day was april 4th, she fell for it lol

Maxdude360
04-12-2007, 04:38 PM
lol wow how old is she

The Lamma
04-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Those are all great, especially the girls getting back at Christian. And that PigeonRank was pitiful, like you all said..lol.

unshakeable15
04-13-2007, 03:58 PM
Google has also done two more Fools' Day pranks:

Google Gulp (http://www.google.com/googlegulp/)

Google TiSP (http://www.google.com/tisp/)

zjf
04-13-2007, 10:36 PM
I did a few up here at work (I work in tech support in a call center for a local ISP). We have a few systems that are notorious for going down all the time. After noticing an outage, I posted in our outage system that goes directly to the supervisors "Someone forgot to feed the hamsters running <said outage area>" or "The wheel is spinning but the hamsters not moving in <second outage area>"

I suppose it's a good thing my supervisors have a sense of humor or I wouldn't still be working here. It's the kind of place that bob could get into all manner of trouble working at. :-P

bob
04-14-2007, 07:19 PM
It's the kind of place that bob could get into all manner of trouble working at. :-P

Agreed. :)

V-Ball Queen 32
04-15-2007, 03:22 PM
I didn't do anything for April Fools because on April 1st my brother said it wasn't until the next day.

Just kidding! Ha ha! That would have been funny though.

BarlowgIRL
04-15-2007, 04:43 PM
We had so many ideas! Since I was in Mexico me and my friend were gonna go downstairs and get teh guys but Mary said we couldn't. So I slept.

The Lamma
04-16-2007, 12:27 PM
Unshakeable, those were great. Do they hire comedians or something? Lol. I loved TiSP.

And Barlowgirl, you really believed that? Lol

unshakeable15
04-21-2007, 08:59 PM
Actually, i think there's a box on a Google Job App that says something like "Creative?: Yes__ No__" and if you check 'No' then they don't hire you. ;D

I Bite
04-21-2007, 09:07 PM
Actually, i think there's a box on a Google Job App that says something like "Creative?: Yes__ No__" and if you check 'No' then they don't hire you.

oh dang...

i think thats kinda cool, actually.

unshakeable15
04-21-2007, 10:54 PM
(It was all in jest. i have never seen a Google Job App in my life.)

zjf
04-22-2007, 02:55 AM
Heh. This wasn't an April Fools prank, but it was funny enough to warrant posting here.

I got back from lunch one day and sat down at my computer. I'm smart enough to lock my machine when I leave for any reason, but not everyone is. A coworker that sits next to me, sits down after lunch, looks at his computer and notices he had a new email message. After reading the title, from the guy that runs the call center I work at, "Re: I love you!", he freaked out a bit, went to the guy and explained that he didn't lock his computer when he left, so someone sent a message from his machine saying "I love you man!".

There is a lesson to be learned from my friend: ALWAYS lock your computer before you leave for any reason! :-P

I Bite
04-22-2007, 01:54 PM
(It was all in jest. i have never seen a Google Job App in my life.)

psh.

:P

The Lamma
04-23-2007, 12:13 PM
There is a lesson to be learned from my friend: ALWAYS lock your computer before you leave for any reason! :-P

I could do that without going onto his email. :P I would simply make up a title, write 'Re:' in front of it, type all of that fancy text that always pops up in replies (like the email address), write an 'original' message, and 'reply'. :P Either way, it is funny. BTW, what do you mean by 'locked'? Like turn it off, log out, ect?

Mike, Google actually has a box that says 'Stupid? Y__ N__' :P That wouldn't go so well...

zjf
05-08-2007, 11:25 AM
locked, like on a windows NT/2000/XP machine, hit ctrl-alt-del and then press "Lock Computer", it's like manually turning on the screensaver so noone can use your terminal.

The Lamma
05-08-2007, 12:35 PM
Do you have to type in a pass or something to get back in? If so, Macs can do it, too.

zjf
05-08-2007, 01:07 PM
correct. I use a hotcorner on my mac to do it. bottom right corner of the screen locks it. makes my life easy, I can easily lock and unlock my computer quite quickly.

The Lamma
05-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Ok. I once did that on my youth pastor's computer...not a good idea, especially if you don't know that password and he ain't there. :P

zjf
05-08-2007, 06:55 PM
even worse if HE doesn't remember his password. :-P

The Lamma
05-09-2007, 01:45 PM
He is always changing it...Lol

zjf
05-09-2007, 03:32 PM
that's a good thing. Keeps little Lamma's off the youth pastor's computer. :-P

No really, it's good security. I change mine every 3 months.

The Lamma
05-09-2007, 04:37 PM
No body ever comes to my place to use our comps, except for a friend or two, so its has stayed the same in the last 3 years.

zjf
05-09-2007, 06:23 PM
they don't have to physically sit at the computer to have access to it.

This is why I keep my passwords on a rotation schedule.

I Bite
05-09-2007, 07:49 PM
i've had the same password since i was 13.
nice.

The Lamma
05-09-2007, 08:42 PM
Oh, you mean hacking through the internet? Yes there is risk, but hackers somehow get past passwords easily enough. And all of my comps go through one router, so its slightly harder. :P not much, though

zjf
05-09-2007, 11:34 PM
Actually, the router makes things MUCH harder. the NAT that your router runs is a natural firewall, plus the built-in port blocking used. At that point in time, the easiest is to find an exploit in the router's firmware, or to connect to the wireless network if you have one.

Either way, it still isn't too hard, but an anonymous bot attack over the internet taking over your system isn't likely unless they exploit the human element (google "phishing" for more information)

err...yeah. I'm a computer science major if you haven't noticed. :-P

Oh yeah...april fools. How about filling a coworker's cubicle with packing peanuts? Or wrapping everything in their desk in aluminum foil? Things I've seen done, but never had the time/energy to do to a coworker. ^_^

The Lamma
05-10-2007, 11:32 AM
We have several computers on one router, two of them being Macs with built in firewall. And some interesting pranks you mentioned...

zjf
05-17-2007, 01:30 PM
My favorite prank has to be the doorjamb stinkbomb.

Tape a stink bomb to the door jamb of a door (preferrably the metal hinge where the glass is guaranteed to crack. when someone shuts the door, the glass cracks releasing a stench, and you can always honestly say you didn't do it because you didn't set it off. They did. :-D

Metalfrk012
05-18-2007, 05:06 PM
one of the best is saran wrap over a urinal or toilet...gets ppl mad but its FUNNY

The Lamma
05-24-2007, 12:13 PM
Thats all too common...In fact, at my church camp we have like a 'prank night' sometimes, (when they don't let us do it the rest of the week :() and I always have stare at the toilet a little bit before sitting down to make sure there is no saran, lol.

zjf
05-28-2007, 09:26 AM
If you get a plastic stink bomb, I think they're called Fart Bombs, use that on the toilet on the spacer that holds the toilet up a little bit, when someone sits down, blammo.

The other fun one is to twist up some ketchup packets and tape them to the same spacer so that when someone sits down, the packets bust and go everywhere.

I was the terror of church camp, almost getting caught every year with at least one prank. I think the biggest one I did was moving all the go carts (some stooge chained them together, but not to the rail so they couldn't be moved) to the top of the bridge. I came up with the idea, and we had about 15 people helping, with another 30 standing around when counselors came running. I don't think anyone got caught since everyone ran in a different direction, but they couldn't get the go carts back down by themselves. Was quite funny watching them from the safety of the dorm. Made the failed attempt worthwhile.

The Lamma
05-28-2007, 11:49 AM
Whats this toilet spacer your talking about? And your camp has dormitories? Odd... :P

zjf
05-28-2007, 01:10 PM
Look at the bottom of a toilet seat, you'll see a plastic bit sticking out that sits on the rim of the bowl. it may be glued on, and it may be held in place with a screw. either way, it's usually oval shaped and is perpendicular to the angle of the seat.

Yes, our camp had dorms because it's a christian college the rest of the year. :-P

The Lamma
05-28-2007, 04:49 PM
oooh...Those things. And your camp is a college? Funky.

unshakeable15
05-29-2007, 03:15 PM
I heard about a great prank the youth pastor at my church pulled when he was at college.

He and another guy found some chickens wandering around campus, so they bough some chicken wire, eggs and some hay. They then proceeded to make a barn out of a friend's kitchen, complete with eggs "laid" by the chickens.

The Lamma
05-30-2007, 10:58 AM
So like the kitchen 'became' a chicken coup?

unshakeable15
05-31-2007, 03:45 PM
Exactly.

JUST_SKILL-IT
06-03-2007, 07:52 PM
For April fools, I put fire crackers in my sister's door. :) (But it was all safe)