ak_happy_gurl
04-02-2007, 08:46 PM
This is for all the girls out there I hope lol Well how often do you wear make up? Do you usually like wearing lots of it? What brands do you like? For me I like wearing natural make up but sometimes I wear some other stuff that are showey....and the brand I like it Shaklee they are Mineral based? How bout you?

I Bite
04-02-2007, 08:49 PM
lol..I wear make up most everyday...when i have time to put it on. :D
i don't wear lots; i like the natural look. Mostly i use cheap stuff...like Wet n Wild.

But I love love love LOVE Victoria Secrets lip gloss. works sooo well.

aliengurl7
04-02-2007, 09:23 PM
Anything cheap works for me. I only wear lots of make up when I'm in my wacky mood.

frymeskillet
04-03-2007, 01:16 PM
I don't wear make up. It ultimately makes your facial problems like zits and greasiness worse. I wear chapstick and when I want fancy, I go for Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Mint Gloss. I wash my face to keep away the greasiness and pimples and curl my lashes with a lash curler, no need for makeup. Why paint up something God gave you for a reason?

DarkestRose
04-03-2007, 02:04 PM
I don't wear makeup everyday. When I do, nobody can tell I'm wearing it. I don't like makeup much. It takes too much time to put on and maintain.

forceflow17
04-03-2007, 02:26 PM
never worn makeup in my life lol

aliengurl7
04-03-2007, 04:29 PM
Why paint up something God gave you for a reason?
Make up is suppose to be used to enhance the facial features and not to be "spray painted on."

I don't wear make up. It ultimately makes your facial problems like zits and greasiness worse.

There is oil free make up that doesn't clog up pores therefore; it doesn't cause the glands to produce more oil which means no break outs.

DarkestRose
04-03-2007, 04:38 PM
never worn makeup in my life lol

You could try eyeshadow, like John Cooper.

V-Ball Queen 32
04-03-2007, 04:55 PM
I wear light colored eyeshadow, lightlight eyeliner, eyelash curler and mascara, foundation if/when I break out bad enough to care about, and some sort of lip gloss. I try not to get showy though, just playing up my features.;)

The Lamma
04-03-2007, 04:56 PM
John wears eyeshadow? Oooh...That explains it, lol. Movie make up is good stuff to wear for movies. :P

forceflow17
04-03-2007, 05:05 PM
i guess i could go with the flyeaf look, kinda dead and haunting

V-Ball Queen 32
04-03-2007, 05:41 PM
yeah:) What does the male species;) think of girls wearing make-up? Do you notice? Do you care? What do you think is attractive?

The Lamma
04-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Aha. Just what I was hoping this thread was gonna be about. :P What do I think? Make up makes a phony. I don't want to sound offensive, but I love, respect, and appreciate natural beauty. You don't need make up to make me think your atractive!! Often girls are either beautiful and make themselves ugly with make up, or they aren't bad looking and make themselves look ugly, lol. In some cases a little bit of blush is ok, but please dont over-do it. I prefer natural causes from cosmetics.

V-Ball Queen 32
04-03-2007, 06:06 PM
I don't use it to disguise who I am or hide, it's more just enhancing your natural beauty and adding a personal touch that also gives a hint as to who you are. That's how I explain it.

The Lamma
04-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Some girls just add a bit too much 'touch'. And like I said before, I prefer natural.

I Bite
04-03-2007, 06:14 PM
I'll have to disagree with you there. I wear make up to enhance my "natural beauty".
not to cover it up.
but i do agree, some people use way too much

The Lamma
04-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Who's the guy talking here? Lol. I'm telling you what I think, and that could contradict what girls think. Want advice about guys and what they like? Ask a guy.

V-Ball Queen 32
04-03-2007, 06:18 PM
Yeah, there's a very fine line between enhancing and abusing.

V-Ball Queen 32
04-03-2007, 06:19 PM
What's too much for you?

The Lamma
04-03-2007, 06:21 PM
more than 3 types of make up (eyeshadow, lipstick, blush, ect), more than a light application of it, and using it to try to impress guys. Thats where most girls go over.

V-Ball Queen 32
04-03-2007, 06:33 PM
Do you like natural meaning no make-up, or make-up that looks natural?

The Lamma
04-03-2007, 06:40 PM
I prefer no make up, but if any, stuff that looks natural.

forceflow17
04-03-2007, 06:40 PM
i dont mind a little bit of makeup, just so long as it's still their face

guitarfreak
04-03-2007, 06:42 PM
i usually wear make-up everyday...(hey ff17 and tin-man...long time no see)

V-Ball Queen 32
04-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Foundation and eyeliner/shadow are the trickyest

forceflow17
04-03-2007, 07:10 PM
dont know what all that is, but as long as it's not drastically different w/without makeup i dont mind. girls shouldn't feel like they have to wear a ton of makeup to please people.

V-Ball Queen 32
04-04-2007, 04:36 AM
I agree with you on that. Some do it all for attention, which is annoying because makeup doesn't make you more mature or better than anyone else. When people think that it just drives me insane!

It's self-expression: very dark and heavy could mean you're self-conscious or goth, light and natural could mean you're outgoing or preppy, way out there/unusual makeup means something else, etc. Some people don't know what they are saying/trying to say and can leave a bad impression, which is why you need to be really careful. (Like with posting stuff . . .what do other people interpret it as?)

frymeskillet
04-04-2007, 04:41 AM
There is oil free make up that doesn't clog up pores therefore; it doesn't cause the glands to produce more oil which means no break outs.

BUT as pointed out before, no one wants to buy expensive oil free make up, everyone so far has said they like to buy the cheap stuff. Therefore, cheap = no oil-free make up; no oil-free make up = facial problems. :D I'll find a way to make myself right... :P

bob
04-04-2007, 04:54 AM
I don't wear makeup. I don't know anything about makeup. These two facts don't sadden me. :)

V-Ball Queen 32
04-04-2007, 04:55 AM
One point of makeup is to cover acne, and a good foundation(the tan stuff we put on our face and chest) can do that. It can be cheap, too. When you have powder/pressed foundation that's relatively dry so you don't look like wet clay and cause more to need to use it;). They're pretty cheap, too, so it's a good deal, in my humble opinion:).

Tromos
04-04-2007, 05:19 AM
Personally, I have yet to see a lipstick that made a woman look more attractive. A little base, some powder, some subtle eyeshadow, maybe even a touch of blush. You wanna look extra fancy? Add the mascara but stop there. Lip balms are fine or if you want something to make them a little shiny, I can live with that too. But my personal opinion is that a full application of lipstick looks a little, well, cheap.

And I only wear makeup when I wear my tights.

I Bite
04-04-2007, 07:56 AM
Personally, I have yet to see a lipstick that made a woman look more attractive. A little base, some powder, some subtle eyeshadow, maybe even a touch of blush. You wanna look extra fancy? Add the mascara but stop there. Lip balms are fine or if you want something to make them a little shiny, I can live with that too. But my personal opinion is that a full application of lipstick looks a little, well, cheap.

And I only wear makeup when I wear my tights.

I agree. I really hate lipstick...
course, that could be because it never looks good on me.

lip gloss is definitely the way to go.
:D

frymeskillet
04-04-2007, 07:59 AM
I agree, sure sometimes Lipstick looks great on the girls on the commercials, but on the average girl, meh. I think it looks sorta desperate, like you are TRYING to draw attention. I'll admit I wore foundation every now and then, but that was on my greasy face days...

Which, still on my argument, in turn made my face worse in my opinion...so I haven't in a really long time.

My pet peeve when it comes to make up: The "raccoon eyes" most girls think are sexy or something...it goes a little too far when you look at a girls face and all you can see is the whites of their eyes...That is completely absurd.

Point being: If you're going to wear make up, take it easy. Natural is the way to go.

bob
04-04-2007, 09:21 AM
Point being: If you're going to wear make up, take it easy. Natural is the way to go.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I like a girl that is confident enough in her looks that she doesn't have to drown her face in clay or whatever makeup is made out of these days.

V-Ball Queen 32
04-04-2007, 10:17 AM
At last! What was on the tip of my tongue spoken soo clearly you can even see it!:D
I can now rest in peace.

I Bite
04-04-2007, 11:40 AM
I thought it was die in peace.
meh, i digress

frymeskillet
04-04-2007, 11:47 AM
or whatever makeup is made out of these days.

SEAWEED! :D

DarkestRose
04-04-2007, 02:10 PM
Personally, I have yet to see a lipstick that made a woman look more attractive.

Lipstick doesn't say on is the problem. I have some but I never wear it because it rubs off when I drink coffee (and I almost always have a coffee) within minutes. So, I figure, why bother?

bob
04-04-2007, 02:47 PM
SEAWEED! :D

Are you serious?

I'm totally dumb on the subject.

The Lamma
04-04-2007, 08:06 PM
There is this girl I like who I respct in this aspect because she doesn't wear make up. Ever. Not even when acne appears, at all.

newday_7
04-04-2007, 08:32 PM
I had to wear make up today ... :( i think i'm scarred for life... okay well maybe it wasn't that traumatic (sp?) but i still didn't enjoy it. (If any of you are wondering why, it's cause i was performing on a stage so lots of lights and so you need make up so you don't look like a ghost)

Laerasyn
04-04-2007, 08:33 PM
That's about the only time I bother with any makeup is when the acne hits. And under my eyes, because if I don't I get people giving me concerned looks all day and asking whether I'm getting enough sleep. lol. I'll do a bit more on really special occasions where it's expected of me, but I don't even think I know how to apply eye shadow...
My mother however, seems to think that not wearing a lot of makeup is somehow not proper or something; she's even gone as far as to suggest that it's not good hygiene. Has anyone else ever had this problem?

jade
04-05-2007, 10:41 AM
BUT as pointed out before, no one wants to buy expensive oil free make up, everyone so far has said they like to buy the cheap stuff. Therefore, cheap = no oil-free make up; no oil-free make up = facial problems. :D I'll find a way to make myself right... :P

Actually, I do. I know it is easy to not think about taking care of your skin when you are young but when you get a bit older this will become more important. If anything, all make up aside, at least keep a good skin cleaning regiment. You will thank yourself when you are in your 20's. :)

I personally use MAC select foundation that will not clog pores and a translucent powder ... either bare essentials or merle norman. I also stick to MAC eye shadows and liner, they go on sooo smooth. Even though this stuff does cost a bit more, it lasts significantly longer than the cheap stuff. I'm not too big on lip gloss though, it's too sticky for me ... but I think that is because I am so used to always having some kind of chap stick on.

dawn of light
04-05-2007, 10:50 AM
I feel the same way Jade. I have sensitive skin combination dry and oily. So it's worth spending a bit more on a good foundation.

I usually buy the oil-free Faces foundation.

I often buy cheap-ish eyeliners and eyeshadow though...

I don't wear lots of makeup but I wear at least some pretty much every day. I wear more for special occasions.

I don't think make-up should be something that girls rely on and need in order to feel pretty. But I also don't think there's anything wrong with looking really "made-up" once in a while. Trying out new looks can be fun, dramatic, natural, etc. It doesn't necessarily mean that she wants attention or she has low self esteem.

jade
04-05-2007, 10:55 AM
I'm like you, I wear it every day, but not a lot of it. Just enough to cover. And when I go out (like that happens anymore) and special occasions I like to do all the shadows and what not.

I don't think make-up should be something that girls rely on and need in order to feel pretty. But I also don't think there's anything wrong with looking really "made-up" once in a while. Trying out new looks can be fun, dramatic, natural, etc. It doesn't necessarily mean that she wants attention or she has low self esteem.

I think this is a good way to sum it up.

The Lamma
04-05-2007, 01:05 PM
I quite agree with that last paragraph that Dawn said. If girls are relying on it for beauty, I don't like it. If its just an occasional thing, maybe for some fancy thing, but not too much. :P And if they are just having fun, by all means, do it! ...Unless its for having fun with guys...:P

frymeskillet
04-05-2007, 01:20 PM
Are you serious?

I'm totally dumb on the subject.

Serious as a. . . .I can't think of a simile. :D But yes, seaweed and other plants are found in make up, as well as toothpaste.

Isn't wonderful to know that our country is trying to kill us? ;D

DarkestRose
04-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Is seaweed bad for you? I eat it in sushi, so just wondering. I thought seaweed was good for you.

I Bite
04-05-2007, 02:59 PM
Is seaweed bad for you? I eat it in sushi, so just wondering. I thought seaweed was good for you.

yah, me too...

The Lamma
04-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Isn't wonderful to know that our country is trying to kill us? ;D

Its actually more true than you may think...I'm not joking...

bob
04-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Why go through so much trouble to "enhance" your appearance? Is it really worth it?

frymeskillet
04-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Not worth it in my opinion. Hence it being my opinion. :)

Quadripedman
04-05-2007, 08:20 PM
yeah:) What does the male species;) think of s wearing make-up? Do you notice? Do you care? What do you think is attractive?

i personally think that if you have too much on, its looks stupid, and i dont really notice it that much lol. but like all the s at my school put on lip gloss every fricking three minutes...needless to say, it gets annoying....but you know, if its subtle it can be attractive. sometimes::]

CatPerson
04-05-2007, 11:22 PM
I love playing with makeup to achieve different looks but usually I just wear fiundation if my skin is bad adn mascara. Mascara is my only every day item.

The Lamma
04-06-2007, 10:59 AM
There is nothing wrong with playing 'dress-up' with make-up. Even some guys do that... :o

frymeskillet
04-06-2007, 01:51 PM
Even if guys do it...does it make it right? :P

The Lamma
04-06-2007, 04:52 PM
No, lol. Doesn't make it wrong, though. If its just fun though, and not you're not somehow playing around with make up randomly to impress people, its all good.

I Bite
04-06-2007, 04:56 PM
So if i wanted to make a good impression on someone, say for a job interview, and i dressed up a bit(clothes and make up), thats bad?

bob
04-06-2007, 08:07 PM
I've never worn make up of any kind and it'll probably stay that way.

The Lamma
04-07-2007, 08:23 AM
So if i wanted to make a good impression on someone, say for a job interview, and i dressed up a bit(clothes and make up), thats bad?

I was talking more like impressing guys in a different way than that...But no, things like job interviews are fine.

dawn of light
04-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Why go through so much trouble to "enhance" your appearance? Is it really worth it?
Sometimes it can be worth it. If it makes a girl feel pretty, what is wrong with that?? (as long as she doesn't need it to feel pretty.) Putting effort into the way you look can increase self confidence.

Our culture puts far too much emphasis on physical attractiveness, but it doesn't mean that wanting to be attractive and putting some effort into it is wrong.

Also, I would be willing to bet that a lot of girls whom you think don't wear any make-up actually do. Often guys get turned off by make-up from girls who wear too much. But there are a lot of girls who know how to wear it correctly so it improves skin tone, visible acne, gives their face a "healthy glow", etc and still make it look natural.

bob
04-07-2007, 01:59 PM
If it makes a girl feel pretty, what is wrong with that??

Self-worth is always important, but beauty only goes so far . . .

Also, I would be willing to bet that a lot of girls whom you think don't wear any make-up actually do.

Agreed, I'm pretty clueless when noticing make up.

Often guys get turned off by make-up from girls who wear too much.

Right, if I notice it I generally think that the girl could do without it. I guess the key to make up is making it look like you aren't wearing any?

The Lamma
04-07-2007, 04:22 PM
If it makes a girl feel pretty, that can be ok. But if she starts depending on it or thinks she looks ugly without... And I sometimes notice when a girl doesn't wear make up. Actually, I think the only time I notice make up is if there is too much, or none at all. If it is used just right, I don't notice anything having to do with make up at all. :P ...I think. :P

XxPhenomenonxX
04-07-2007, 05:28 PM
I love make-up. I just have fun experimening with different colors, and I just feel a little prettier with some on because i'm really pale. I have tons of the stuff, I like to buy it when I see a good product on sale or sometimes the dollar store has name brands.
I used to wear it everyday for school, but the only time when I don't wear it is if i'm too lazy or in a hurry.
mostly when i do wear it, i just wear powder, eyeliner on the bottom lids,and/ or some eye-shadow and mascara, blush if i'm not too lazy lol. and lipgloss. Even if I don't wear any make-up at all, I always wear lipgloss at least, that's my most important accesory. If my skin is blotchy or acne on it i wear some foundation and concealer.

The Lamma
04-07-2007, 05:57 PM
I just want to make a point that I don't want you girls to feel like you have to depend on the stuff.

I Bite
04-08-2007, 11:39 AM
I just want to make a point that I don't want you girls to feel like you have to depend on the stuff.

Yes, i think you have made your feelings very clear

:D

skilltroks
04-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Personally, I am more of an expensive-but-don't-have-alot-type of person when it comes to makeup.
The only things I ever wear are cover-up and mascara. And I curl my eyelashes...Can't live without my eyelash curler!

I Bite
04-08-2007, 01:45 PM
Personally, I am more of an expensive-but-don't-have-alot-type of person when it comes to makeup.
The only things I ever wear are cover-up and mascara. And I curl my eyelashes...Can't live without my eyelash curler!

I cannot stand eyelash curlers. They are vile. i think(honestly) that every eyelash curler in the world hates me. Every time i try to use one, no matter how careful i am, something always goes awry, and it usually ends with me inflicting needless pain on myself.

2006 Panheads Awards: Best Username

BarlowgIRL
04-08-2007, 04:58 PM
I think people wearing it to "enhance the natural beauty" is stupid. If you're gonna wear it, wear it! My frind got mad when she found out that most people didn't think she even wore makeup. She was spending money on make up and no one could even tell the difference. If you have natural beauty, it'll show, you don't need make up. I personally wear make up cause it's fun. And everyone knows I wear it...;)
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/tearsfallingdown/Guard/P1100726.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/tearsfallingdown/happycorner.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/tearsfallingdown/Copyofus.jpg

DarkestRose
04-08-2007, 05:00 PM
I like that second picture of you. That's pretty neat makeup there.

I Bite
04-08-2007, 05:30 PM
I think people wearing it to "enhance the natural beauty" is stupid. If you're gonna wear it, wear it! My frind got mad when she found out that most people didn't think she even wore makeup. She was spending money on make up and no one could even tell the difference. If you have natural beauty, it'll show, you don't need make up. I personally wear make up cause it's fun. And everyone knows I wear it...;)
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/tearsfallingdown/Guard/P1100726.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/tearsfallingdown/Copyofus.jpg

why would you wear make up if not to enhance your beauty tho? to cover it up?

oh yah. that makes tons of sense

2006 Panheads Awards: Best Username

bob
04-08-2007, 05:33 PM

I have that t-shirt. :)

dawn of light
04-10-2007, 09:33 AM
It just occurred to me this morning.

Girls look the most beautiful when they are confident.

If she can walk around in sweatpants and no makeup confidently, she is beautiful. If she can confidently wear a lot of dark makeup, like Barlowgirl did in her second pic (I really like it by the way) she looks beautiful too.

The Lamma
04-10-2007, 04:57 PM
And I curl my eyelashes...

Add that to the list of oks...As long as it ain't curled too much.

why would you wear make up if not to enhance your beauty tho?

'Cause lots of girls think its fun, and there is such thing as goths and movies...

BarlowgIRL
04-10-2007, 06:15 PM
[QUOTE=I Bite;339850]why would you wear make up if not to enhance your beauty tho? to cover it up?

oh yah. that makes tons of sense

I meant that if you're wearing make up and no one notices then there is no point in wearing it. Like I said, it's my theory.

BarlowgIRL
04-10-2007, 06:19 PM
It just occurred to me this morning.

Girls look the most beautiful when they are confident.

If she can walk around in sweatpants and no makeup confidently, she is beautiful. If she can confidently wear a lot of dark makeup, like Barlowgirl did in her second pic (I really like it by the way) she looks beautiful too.

tadaaaah! no make up!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/tearsfallingdown/Crystal.jpg
Betcha didn't think that could happen! I kick everyone's butt at the emo shots!;)

Crazy4U
04-11-2007, 04:47 PM
i wear... eyeliner, and peach colored lipgloss and thats about it... sometimes i wear eyeshadow and lipstick... but my main is eyeliner and lipgloss... :)
i use alot of brands of makeup though!!! i buy alot of my makeup at wal*mart or kmart... its cheap, but still cute ;)

bob
04-11-2007, 04:52 PM
tadaaaah! no make up!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/tearsfallingdown/Crystal.jpg
Betcha didn't think that could happen! I kick everyone's butt at the emo shots!;)

Wow, you look really cute in that picture. :) And by the way, you're out of root beer.

The main problem I have is that there are so many types of make up and about a million tools which I have no knowledge of. :P Not that I'm complaining or anything . . . I don't really use makeup. ;)

theelectric3
04-12-2007, 04:38 PM
yeah, i agree. when a girl is comfortable with herself apart from makeup, then i don't think she will abuse it.

i'm all for natural... with some eyeliner. :] i too wear makeup pretty much everyday - but a light amount of it. especially at work. coffee at 7am... who cares about makeup? :P

frymeskillet
04-13-2007, 09:34 PM
The main problem I have is that there are so many types of make up and about a million tools which I have no knowledge of. :P Not that I'm complaining or anything . . . I don't really use makeup. ;)

But I think we know someone who does.... *snickers* ;D

BarlowgIRL
04-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Wow, you look really cute in that picture. :) And by the way, you're out of root beer.

No root beer?! NOOOOOOOOO!(flashback to Star Wars episode III)

V-Ball Queen 32
04-15-2007, 04:07 PM
What's the inside joke with root beer? I'm curious . . .

BarlowgIRL
04-15-2007, 04:20 PM
Probally me stating somewhere that I love root beer. I really can't remember right now cause I'm tired but I love root beer so if I'm informed that there's none left I will cry. And I am currently trying to get my sister to get me some. Wahoo! She's getting me some! Wahoo! I now have rootbeer!!!

V-Ball Queen 32
04-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Lucky!:) I'm a root beer fan too. Especially the old fashioned kind. Yumyumyummy

bob
04-15-2007, 05:31 PM
Probally me stating somewhere that I love root beer. I really can't remember right now cause I'm tired but I love root beer so if I'm informed that there's none left I will cry. And I am currently trying to get my sister to get me some. Wahoo! She's getting me some! Wahoo! I now have rootbeer!!!

I'm glad we got that conflict settled peacefully. :)

weebird20
04-16-2007, 01:46 AM
o...k...lets get back to the topic of make-up...

im a black eyeliner girl myself...but thats all...i don't like foundation or lipstick...

i really don't mind makeup as long as its not 'caked' on...but if you feel you can't go out of the house without it on then i would say you might have a problem :P

BarlowgIRL
04-16-2007, 04:21 PM
Just a little. I like laughing at the people who look so completly fake cause they don't know how to do the moderation part of the concealer/coverup/foundation.

skilltroks
04-25-2007, 11:37 AM
Pet Peeve:
Tan cover-up. Not much to say about it expect it's probably never ok for 'white' girls to wear it.

kittygirl
04-25-2007, 02:26 PM
This is for all the girls out there I hope lol Well how often do you wear make up? Do you usually like wearing lots of it? What brands do you like? For me I like wearing natural make up but sometimes I wear some other stuff that are showey....and the brand I like it Shaklee they are Mineral based? How bout you?

Well, I'm Arabic, so I wear alot of browns, and golds for eyeshadows. But I have dark eyebrows and eyelashes, so black eyeliner works.

Unregistered
04-25-2007, 02:36 PM
i don't wear any make up, it makes my face feel fake.

BarlowgIRL
04-25-2007, 05:07 PM
The color she has on her eyes is what I have on my cheeks. Go hot pink eye shadow!
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/tearsfallingdown/Inourownworlds.jpg

The Lamma
04-26-2007, 05:08 PM
What you girls have in that pic is ok for me...as long as you don't put on any more than that, and if its not mandatory. :P

BTW, orc make up is cool. :P Or, at least, Mr. Tumnus is.

I Bite
04-26-2007, 07:09 PM
What you girls have in that pic is ok for me...as long as you don't put on any more than that, and if its not mandatory. :P

BTW, orc make up is cool. :P Or, at least, Mr. Tumnus is.

um...Mr. Tumnus isn't an orc,dude.

BarlowgIRL
04-26-2007, 07:30 PM
Mr Tumnus is a Faun......

Did you miss the pictures of me with my normal make up or are you correcting me with what I need to wear?;)

The Lamma
04-27-2007, 08:06 AM
I know he ain't an orc. I was just simply adding to the list. :P:P

I did see your other pics (or at least one other), but I was making a statement about that one pic.

Anonymous2011
04-27-2007, 02:04 PM
I don't mind when girls wear make-up if you aren't like "WOW! She is really wearing makeup!" If you're more subtle it looks good, though. But I don't think you're less pretty without it.

kittygirl
04-30-2007, 03:13 PM
Pet Peeve:
Tan cover-up. Not much to say about it expect it's probably never ok for 'white' girls to wear it.

not just on your face. I love it when you can tell where someone put fake tanning lotion on them. Like on their arms, neck, legs, etc.

DarkestRose
05-01-2007, 12:10 AM
Why do some girls like tans?

bob
05-01-2007, 04:37 AM

Simple, people enjoy changing the way God made them. :P Japanese women avoid sunlight so they're skin beomes more white, they even get surgery to change the shape of their eyes to "dog eyes" or American eyes. White people tan to make their skin darker and bleach their hair, and even get perms while black people straighten their hair.

Humans are silly. :P

I Bite
05-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Simple, people enjoy changing the way God made them. :P Japanese women avoid sunlight so they're skin beomes more white, they even get surgery to change the shape of their eyes to "dog eyes" or American eyes. White people tan to make their skin darker and bleach their hair, and even get perms while black people straighten their hair.

Humans are silly. :P

So, with this being said, is it wrong to do all that stuff? Dye the hair, or even cutting your hair? Or getting plastic surgery in order to change the way you look, is that wrong?

bob
05-01-2007, 06:36 PM
I never said it was wrong, I just said people like doing it. I myself, got cosmetic surgery on my eyelids to fix a condition called ptosis because I used to get picked on daily for them. :P

aliengurl7
05-01-2007, 07:27 PM

Because they don't want to be all pale and deathly ill looking. They want a healthy glow, so they get a tan.

bob
05-01-2007, 07:30 PM
Kind of ironic considering paleness was the ideal thing a few centuries ago.

DarkestRose
05-01-2007, 07:34 PM
I guess I've wondered because I hear that tanning isn't good for the skin. I can understand that some girls just don't like looking very pale (don't see what's wrong with pale skin myself) and I don't think anything is really wrong with wanting a "healthy glow" or whatever. Just interesting to think about why people do what they do to look good and how they define looking good.

I don't really care if people tan or not. And I'm not against dying/cutting hair, or, in some cases, cosmetic surgery.

bob
05-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Go hot pink eye shadow!

Is there any color of makeup they don't make?

I Bite
05-03-2007, 10:04 AM
I never said it was wrong, I just said people like doing it. I myself, got cosmetic surgery on my eyelids to fix a condition called ptosis because I used to get picked on daily for them. :P

I know you never said it was wrong...I was just kinda wondering...Im not gonna go into my thought process, its weird even for me :P

NemenEmily
05-07-2007, 10:02 PM
I don't wear make up very much at all. Maybe every now and then (once or twice a month) I'll put on eyeliner or mascara. Rarely I put on eyeshadow, but when I do, its colorful and not the typical mundane colors. I have Light green, bright pink, light purple, and Shocking Blue. I don't like to be boring with my make up, haha.

The Lamma
05-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Sounds...Bright. I'm sure it really brings out your eyes. What wouldn't those colors bring out? Lol

froggie socks.
05-08-2007, 02:37 PM
i don't wear ANY make up, it makes my face feel artificial and man made, plus if God wanted us to look like we do in make up, he would have MADE us that way, with make up already on our faces, ya know.

BarlowgIRL
05-08-2007, 06:22 PM
Oh, I did my cool cougar eyes today but I took it off when I got home so now I don't have a picture to show you...:'(

froggie socks.
05-12-2007, 03:33 PM
aww! shoot! but i still hate make up, plus mascara is bat crap. so no.

I Bite
05-12-2007, 03:41 PM
aww! shoot! but i still hate make up, plus mascara is bat crap. so no.

Ya know whats really difficult? Liquid eyeliner. I've got to the place where I can get it on myself really well, but oh my word. If I try to put it on anybody else it goes everywhere, and when I first started...It was terrible.

The Lamma
05-12-2007, 04:16 PM
I saw a little bat on our fence yesterday. They're cute. :P But if its the droppings...

froggie socks.
05-12-2007, 05:17 PM
ha, few years ago, there was a bat in our pool getting a drink, with us in it, yeah, it was pretty weird, i think you could hear me screaming a mile away,,,

The Lamma
05-12-2007, 05:48 PM
Bats aren't scary. I guess the one I saw was pretty small. My sis had a couple friends over, and they thought it was cute. Anyway... Who made make up anyway?

froggie socks.
05-12-2007, 06:17 PM
some retard that didn't think God made them beautiful enough.

The Lamma
05-12-2007, 06:20 PM
Or did it start in Hollywood?

froggie socks.
05-12-2007, 06:26 PM
quite possibly.

DarkestRose
05-13-2007, 02:09 AM
Actually, isn't makeup pretty old? I was thinking it might have even been around in biblical times. When Esther went through days of beauty treaments, I wonder if any of those treatments might have been makeup.

froggie socks.
05-13-2007, 08:03 AM
that's a good thought, hmmm. probably. i don't know though, can you say "google!"

bob
05-13-2007, 08:34 PM
that's a good thought, hmmm. probably. i don't know though, can you say "google!"

Yes I can say "google". You should've looked it up. You brought the idea up. ::]

The Lamma
05-14-2007, 11:20 AM
Good point...Watching 'One Night With the King', (I'm not saying its 100% accurate) Esther had a fair bit of make up, and it does Biblically portray the beauty-treatment parts.

froggie socks.
05-14-2007, 01:27 PM
i'm to lazy to look it up, you're the one that wants to know, so you look it up!! :)

BarlowgIRL
05-14-2007, 02:31 PM
The Egyptians have been around since forever and they had it so it's been around a while.

This is kinda like the cougar eyes, but it doesn't pull down in the inside corner as much.
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/tearsfallingdown/A%20sunflower%20type%20day/Picture192.jpg

bob
05-14-2007, 06:19 PM
This is kinda like the cougar eyes, but it doesn't pull down in the inside corner as much.
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/tearsfallingdown/A%20sunflower%20type%20day/Picture192.jpg

That looks cool.

I've noticed some guys look cooler with eyeliner. I seriously doubt I could pull that off, not that I've tried, not that I will. ::]

The Lamma
05-14-2007, 06:48 PM
Didn't someone say that John wears it?

bob
05-14-2007, 06:48 PM
It's a proven fact.

The Lamma
05-14-2007, 06:49 PM
Exactly. So guys do wear it. Don't you just want to be like John?

bob
05-14-2007, 06:51 PM
Exactly. So guys do wear it. Don't you just want to be like John?

I don't know man. I still just don't think it's manly for guys to wear make up. It's my own opinion I know. Lot's of guys wear make up and I think no less of them, but I'll just never wear it.

The Lamma
05-14-2007, 07:05 PM
But you wanna be like John!! *waves pendulum in front of bob* Be like John...be like John...be like John...

Laerasyn
05-14-2007, 08:38 PM
Men who are bald can pull off eyeliner, because often if they don't their heads just look like little white orbs sitting atop their bodies from a distance.
However... I still find it kinda creepy.

froggie socks.
05-15-2007, 03:37 AM
my ex-boyfriend wore eyeliner, and he made it look GOOD. but, that didn't change the fact that he was a total butt-hole, so i broke up with him. boys in eyeliner depress me, cause i can't wear it. don't ask why.

I Bite
05-15-2007, 10:34 AM
I think it seriously depends on the guy that wears the eyeliner...

The Lamma
05-15-2007, 11:38 AM
I won't ask. And it shouldn't be a problem that you can't wear it. If you can't wear it, and it depresses you, that means you want to be like this world, which you shouldn't be. No offence.

NightCrawler
05-15-2007, 12:24 PM
Men who are bald can pull off eyeliner, because often if they don't their heads just look like little white orbs sitting atop their bodies from a distance.
However... I still find it kinda creepy.

ROFL.

I have a nice head of hair... and if I ever wear make-up, it better be for some performance.

froggie socks.
05-15-2007, 02:06 PM
haha funny. Lamma man, you just made me realize that, wow, and it only depresses me because all my friends are like "let me put eye liner and mascara on you." and i can't let them, cause i'm strange like that.

The Lamma
05-16-2007, 11:26 AM
If it has to do with your parents, they are trying to protect you from, like I said before, becoming dependant on it and becoming to much a part of this world. If that isn't it, thats fine, too.

froggie socks.
05-16-2007, 01:40 PM
it has nothing to do with my parents, my eyes just can't take me trying to put stuff anywhere around him.

The Lamma
05-16-2007, 02:00 PM
Your eyes don't like you putting make up on? ok...

froggie socks.
05-16-2007, 02:39 PM
ha, yeah, that's why i don't wear make up. :)

The Lamma
05-16-2007, 02:41 PM
ooook... Like you can't stand seeing yourself with make up on in the mirror? Or an allergy? Or what?

froggie socks.
05-16-2007, 02:46 PM
ha, i love how i look with it on, but my eyes just can't take it, things like pencils and stuff around my eyes just makes them freak out and blink and squint and junk, so my eyes can't stand it.

The Lamma
05-16-2007, 02:50 PM
I guess since I don't have your eyes I won't know exactly what you mean...

froggie socks.
05-16-2007, 02:52 PM
yeah, you probably wouldn't.

I Bite
05-16-2007, 03:19 PM
I think she means that her eyes give an involuntary reaction to pencils being pointed towards them.
Mine do that sometimes, but I kinda just ignore it.

froggie socks.
05-17-2007, 03:45 AM
yeah, thats what a mean, but i can't ignore it, because my mind tends to freak out with my eyes, kinda strange.

The Lamma
05-17-2007, 11:53 AM
Oh, I guess my eyes do flinch when I try to poke them. :P

froggie socks.
05-17-2007, 02:19 PM
yeah, they do don't they, i pity the girls that do that every day of their lives.