bob
04-04-2007, 05:34 AM
Nancy Pelosi visits Syria (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070404/ap_on_re_mi_ea/mideast_pelosi;_ylt=ArxV2NW7QU40NmNdV_RHVM.s0NUE) . . . why is the speaker of the house trying to delegate peace talks between two countries thousands of miles away? Its not her place, shouldn't she be trying to do her job in the house? I know that Pelosi hates our President, but must she be so subtle? But when did politicians ever do their job?

I know democrats are trying to be more assertive because they're challenging Bush's authority. But Pelosi and her posse are coming off very childish in my opinion.

V-Ball Queen 32
04-04-2007, 05:42 AM
I know that Pelosi hates our President, but must she be so subtle? But when did politicians ever do their job?

It would be more helpful if she made a stronger point to what she believes in, but maybe she wants to come off as more of a person and less of a hate group.

bob
04-04-2007, 08:46 PM
It would be more helpful if she made a stronger point to what she believes in, but maybe she wants to come off as more of a person and less of a hate group.

Ummmm . . . I think traveling to a country that the US has isolated and meeting with the President is making a strong enough point. I just find it to be a dumb point. Its like a little kid disobeying their parent and looking back to see what they do.

Laerasyn
04-04-2007, 08:56 PM
Its like a little kid disobeying their parent and looking back to see what they do.

I couldn't have put it better. Could she possibly actually believe that she is going to help anything this way?
I personally find the whole thing kind of disturbing... and, as you say, dumb.

AgainstTheTide
04-09-2007, 10:10 AM
Nancy Pelosi visits Syria (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070404/ap_on_re_mi_ea/mideast_pelosi;_ylt=ArxV2NW7QU40NmNdV_RHVM.s0NUE) . . . why is the speaker of the house trying to delegate peace talks between two countries thousands of miles away? Its not her place, shouldn't she be trying to do her job in the house? I know that Pelosi hates our President, but must she be so subtle? But when did politicians ever do their job?

I know democrats are trying to be more assertive because they're challenging Bush's authority. But Pelosi and her posse are coming off very childish in my opinion.

just wait till 2008 when Hillary and Osama come around....::]

Unregistered
04-09-2007, 12:54 PM
just wait till 2008 when Hillary and Osama come around....::]

Don't you mean "Obama"?

Voice of Truth
04-11-2007, 07:00 AM
The fact that they even allowed her to speak to them, her being a woman, and them being of the ideal that Women are not to lead, or even speak to men in public in their society speaks volumes as to what they are after.

Fanatic Muslims hate us (Christians), would sooner see us dead, rather than living. They hate Christians, but hate non-believers all together more. They are setting her up.

bob
04-11-2007, 07:39 AM
Fanatic Muslims hate us (Christians), would sooner see us dead, rather than living. They hate Christians, but hate non-believers all together more. They are setting her up.

That is one way to look at it. Muslims are so eager to put someone in power to defeat the conservative right that they're willing to compromise theire morals.

alienyouth9292
04-17-2007, 04:10 AM
Don't you mean "Obama"?

aren't they the same thing????;D

Unregistered
04-17-2007, 09:52 AM

Osama Bin Laden is a terrorist who's responsible for the deaths of countless innocent people. Obama is a politician. So, in an entirely sarcastic way, yes.

bob
04-17-2007, 09:59 AM

Har har.

theelectric3
04-17-2007, 08:24 PM

agreed.

it's a frustrating situation.

bob
04-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Yeah, the main criticism I have of President Bush is that he tries to let his critics die out and he doesn't address them. Cindy Sheehan is perhaps the best example of this, if Bush would've met personally with her when she first started getting media attention I don't think she'd have gotten as much of a following. Granted, the President is really busy and doesn't have time to talk one-on-one with 300,000,000 Americans.

But at least Bush is meeting with Pelosi.

Vuren
04-19-2007, 03:00 AM

can you really blame them? Shall i start listing off everything that the west has done to the muslims(we can start back in the dark ages if you wish, or we could just go off the last 30 years, both have plenty of mistakes and lies the US has done). Christians are just as corrupt as the rest of the world, if not more so.)

bob
04-19-2007, 06:28 AM
lies the US has done.

Oh sure, its all America's fault. Why does everyone leave Great Britain out of the equation? Britain was the one who drew the borders and put the Sunnis, Kurds, and Shiites in the same country. They did that in the hope that they would all fight with each other, glad they got their wish.

Okay, its fun to blame America for everything, I know. But we didn't screw up the world, Britain did. :P

alienyouth9292
04-19-2007, 06:22 PM
can you really blame them? Shall i start listing off everything that the west has done to the muslims(we can start back in the dark ages if you wish, or we could just go off the last 30 years, both have plenty of mistakes and lies the US has done). Christians are just as corrupt as the rest of the world, if not more so.)

if not more so? do christians consider it a joy to strap suicide bombs to their backs and kill inocent people???:o

Laerasyn
04-19-2007, 09:11 PM
can you really blame them? Shall i start listing off everything that the west has done to the muslims(we can start back in the dark ages if you wish

First of all, I'd just like to say that people need to stop using the crusades as a reason to paint Muslims as pitiful victims. Yes, they were horrible. Yes, they were idiotic. Yes, we as Christians need to admit that Christians can be pretty stupid some times. But they happened hundreds of years ago. And why does no one ever mention the things that the Muslims did during the Crusades? You know, like kill pilgrims to he holy land, try to invade Europe? If anyone is still bitter about them, I'd say that's more than a bit irrational and it's not really our fault. Can modern Christendom really be blamed for something that happened so long ago and has long been denounced as a huge glaring mistake? And how can it be used to justify anything?

Yes... we can blame the radical Muslims who do these things (the people who commit the acts, that is). There is no excusing mass brutality toward innocent people, no matter who is doing it or what's been done to them in the past (recent or distant). They are just as accountable for their actions as any other group of people.

[/rant]

or we could just go off the last 30 years, both have plenty of mistakes and lies the US has done). Christians are just as corrupt as the rest of the world, if not more so.)

That all having been said, I'd really like to see you lay this part of your argument out. Can you give specifics? What exactly do you mean by "if not more so?" I agree that Christians are not by any means immune to corruption, but it seems to me that you are saying that this makes it ok for them to exact revenge in the form of violence.

Okay, its fun to blame America for everything, I know. But we didn't screw up the world, Britain did.
Yes indeed, they screwed up Africa pretty badly as well. Silly imperialist Brits, thinking they own the world...

They are setting her up.

That's interesting... come to think of it, I haven't heard much in the way of the Syrian response to her. Guess I've been kinda behind on the news lately (lot's of papers to write). Does anyone know if they actually took her seriously at all?

Phew... I'm done now.

DarkestRose
04-19-2007, 09:35 PM

James, I understand that Christians are not perfect people. I certainly have my qualms with how the church reacts to certain issues, such as the church’s approach to mental illness or the church’s predilection toward the Right, politically. Just the same, think you need to elaborate what you mean by "if not more so," being that you're comparing Christians to the Muslims who consider killing innocent people a work worthy of paradise. That’s a pretty serious allegation there, and I think it’s worth discussing. And also, there's still no excuse for murdering somebody.