I Bite
04-10-2007, 06:12 PM
I wasn't sure where to put this, so for now i'll put it here..

So my dad is getting married to his g/f, and he wants my sister and I to sing a song at the wedding. My sister will prolly play the piano, so i'll prolly be singing solo. That doesn't bother me. The problem? He told us to choose a song. As much as I would like to sing Deteriorate by DH[i'm for serious, i don't want him married again] i don't think that'll swing.

This is a really big long shot, but does anyone know of a cool love/wedding song for piano/vocals?

The Lamma
04-12-2007, 04:45 PM
It left my head...That song about...Those two people...Oh, gosh. I can't remember.

Another one could be the bicycle built for two. :P

terrasin
04-13-2007, 10:50 AM
[i'm for serious, i don't want him married again]
That sounds very selfish of you. :\

Why would you want to keep your dad from being happy, if this is something that will indeed make him happy?

CJ

NightCrawler
04-13-2007, 02:04 PM

Why would you want to keep your dad from being happy, if this is something that will indeed make him happy?

CJ
Perhaps it will further divide the relationship she has with her father as it is?

I Bite
04-13-2007, 02:27 PM

CJ

Yah, it probably is...But you don't really know the circumstances. If you did, you would know that

1) my father has been living with this lady for 3 years
2) he has said multiple times that he would never get married again
and
3) Right after my mom started dating again, thats when he has decided to get married

coincidence? maybe, but i think not. if thats selfish of me, so be it, but i do not need/want someone that doesn't know me or my family telling me that what I think is wrong.

edit: and actually, after thinking about it[what cj said], i've kinda decided that,
I do want my dad to be happy...but its so final... i mean,I like the lady he's marrying anyway, so it shouldn't matter...but i would hate it if he's doing it just to spite my mom..which i think he might be doing. if thats still selfish, oh well. i guess i'm selfish.

frymeskillet
04-13-2007, 09:31 PM
Good wedding song:

"Love of My Life"

By: Jim Brickman w/ Michael W. Smith

I am amazed
When i look at you
I see you smiling back at me
It's like all my dreams come true

I am afraid
If i lost you girl
I'd fall through the cracks
And lose me track in this crazy lonely world

Sometimes it's so hard to believe
When the nights can be so long
And gave me the strength
And kept me holding on

Chorus
You are the love of my life
And I'm so glad you found me
Baby put your arms around me
I guess this is how it feels
When you finally find something real
My angel in the night
You are my love
The love of my life

Now here you are
With midnight closing in
You take my hand as our shadows dance
With moonlite on you skin

I look in your eyes
I'm lost inside your kiss
I think if i'd never met you
About all the things i'd missed

sometimes it's so hard to believe
when a love can be so strong
and faith gave me the strength
and kept me holding on

And I'm so glad you found me
Baby put your arms around me
I guess this is how it feels
When you finally find something real
My angel in the night
You are my love
The love of my life

---Yeah so, I'm not sure if you feel comfortable singing that about your dad and his new wife, ( I know I probably wouldn't) But it's a good song nevertheless.

BarlowgIRL
04-15-2007, 03:50 PM
I would pick a skillet song. Like Your To Hold or even The Last Night (last night you'll spend alone...get it).

V-Ball Queen 32
04-15-2007, 04:05 PM
I Skillet song would be good! It would really different with only the piano, but you could pull it off if you wanted to. You could talk to your dad and see what he might like to hear, and in the end it's still your decision.

I Bite
04-15-2007, 09:27 PM
we talked to him about it; pretty much our decision.

I'm seriously thinking A Little More[skillet, der] from the Collide cd.

i like that song...it just might fit.

Shattered_Life
04-16-2007, 05:50 AM
A Little More would be a great song for a wedding. That's the song I want for my first dance when I get married. :P Good luck!

terrasin
04-16-2007, 09:34 AM
A little more is what my wife and I danced to at our wedding. It was a little odd paced for a slow dance, but we made it work. :)

CJ

The Lamma
04-16-2007, 11:49 AM
Yeah, that would work. It would be funny if you could get more than just a piano...Lol