RavynAniketos
04-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Anyone else see Skillet LIVE in Pittsburgh? I personally had never heard of them before and now I have a new favorite band!;D You guys were great!

bassvivi
04-11-2007, 10:13 PM
Ive been waiting for this concert for awhile to happen. Skillet's new album comatose really shines in a live setting. They even pulled out Yours to hold and i was going crazy i love that track. They also did Rebirthing,Better Than Drugs,Whispers In The Dark,The Older I Get, Comatose, The Last Night off the new one. I hope they come back to Pittsburgh becuase they stole the show last night thats for sure. Everyone was tight with no notice of mess ups. The sound quailty of the night was a good mix I could clearly make out every insturment and hear the vocals cleanly, unlike Flyleaf where I could hardly understand the girl. Korey's amp died on her for alittle bit, but Ben saved the night and got it working again for her. Lori Peters is in my top list for drummers thats for sure and its not even becuase shes a female. Im a drummer and was loving every minute of watching her rock behind the kit. She was rocking out hard. Anyone who says girls cant play instruments and make it in metal need to open there eyes and ears.

RavynAniketos
04-12-2007, 12:24 PM
It was great when John C. said, "Three priest walk into a bar..." I love bands that actually interact with the audience. Dropping Daylight did that a bit and Halfway to Midland and Flyleaf talked only a little. I barely hear Lacey Mosley of Flyleaf too.

shottopiecesxx
04-12-2007, 12:33 PM
At Mr. Smalls on tuesday? YES!
I went to see Flyleaf actually. I've never heard of Skillet before either but when they were playing I was like WOW THEY'RE AMAZING!
I was in the very front (yeah waiting out in the cold long before the doors open payed off) so, Korey was directly in front of me and I was just thinking the whole time ..man, that girl can seriously rock your face off, me being a girl guitar player myself.

So yeah anyway, i got their CD and I'm a fan now :)

bassvivi
04-12-2007, 06:36 PM
yea the whole show rocked out so hard. I read yesterday that Lacey Mosley vocals are shot and they just postponed acouple of the tour dates for her to rest

mandolinmonster
04-13-2007, 06:27 AM
I was there. Got in for free with 9 other people because we were supposed to get backstage but the tour manager said the band didn't want to see or talk to us. We didn't understand why, we were really mad but then we found out Lacey wasn't doing very well (obviously since they cancelled a few shows that were right after this one).

shottopiecesxx
04-13-2007, 11:13 AM
yea the whole show rocked out so hard. I read yesterday that Lacey Mosley vocals are shot and they just postponed acouple of the tour dates for her to rest

Yeah I read that too :(
I wondered why she wasn't screaming as much as she usually does live.

We got lucky though, that they played our show.

unshakeable15
04-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Sounds like a great Skillet concert, but a not-so-great Skillet/Flyleaf. :( Uttery sucks that Lacey's voice is giving her troubles.

Glad to hear there are more people becoming Skillet fans. :afro:

RavynAniketos
04-13-2007, 06:19 PM
I know; we lucked out SO much. I would have never heard of Skillet if they had cancelled! My friend I went with commented that Lacey's voice was too quiet but now we at least know why. I wonder if Skillet will come back to Pittsburgh... that'd be great!

hollowface
04-14-2007, 03:22 PM
More dates have been either cancelled or prosponed. Lacey apologizes and they hope to get on the road again soon. (you can read her letter at their myspace)