Vuren
04-15-2007, 04:20 AM
Ok, while having one of my "can't sleep for 56 hour periods"(gotta love being put on high dosage sleep meds while in the hospitl and then getting it pulled from your body at once is great joy), i was thinking, and if jesus was truely alieve right now and the christian movement hadn't happened yet(ie his birth happened 20 years ago instead 2000 years ago) how many preachers, humans, and what have you would diagnose him as a severe mental case that should be locked up for his and our protection? Or any one of the prophets? i mean surely most people wouldn't back them(for what ever reasons) and yet we have "prophets" now who are either murdered<cough> waco <cough>(though that was a bit peculiar) and the like.

V-Ball Queen 32
04-15-2007, 03:33 PM
He probably would be, which really sucks. I'd be one of his disciples though. This world is getting scarier by the hour, so it wouldn't last long. Now we have the rapture to look foward to . . .

aliengurl7
04-15-2007, 04:19 PM
I highly doubt Jesus would get locked up in a mental institute because the words he spoke would touch men's hearts and he has miracles to back up his claims. So, he wouldn't be looked upon as a nut. People want proof and because of miracles they will follow the antichrist.

V-Ball Queen 32
04-15-2007, 04:33 PM
He might touch some people's hearts, but many won't believe without proof. In the bible He was loved and rejected, but now that there's been more science added (which, by the way, can't prove much because God's power is way beyond science), things would be way different. Not to mention all the added confusion thanks to The DaVinci Code . . .

V-Ball Queen 32
04-15-2007, 04:33 PM
Yes, times have changed indeed.

unshakeable15
04-15-2007, 10:10 PM
i mean surely most people wouldn't back them(for what ever reasons) and yet we have "prophets" now who are either murdered<cough> waco <cough>(though that was a bit peculiar) and the like.
Can you call someone a prophet when they claim to be Jesus Christ come again in the flesh, preach that multiple wives is normal and then begins stockpiling weapons in the center of your community?

What i mean is, it's hard to put forth modern-day examples of prophets that we presecute because we don't have prophets, not in the same sense that they lived during the Old Testament. We don't need someone to tell us that "The Messiah is coming, get on your face and repent." Instead, we have teachers and preachers who tell us that "The Messiah has come, get on your face, repent, then glory in the grace God provides."