animeraven34
04-16-2007, 10:00 AM
Hopefully not so controversial it gets removed. From a much less violent, and far longer, story. I haven't even completed the outline/planning stage of this story, and whatever I type here is from memory because I don't have my outline with me right now. So this is a first draft in every sense of the word.

The arid atmosphere seemed to quiver nervously, almost as it it knew what was coming. It was an illusion of course, caused by the heat of the sun slowing making it's arc through the sky. The roadrunner chasing down its morning meal was not concerned with anything but catching the snake it was pursuing. The snakes only concern was getting away from the psychotic bird.

Far to the east, the seasons first horrendously strong thunderstorm was fervently building. In a matter of hours it would come sweeping through, dumping massive amounts of rain on the Arizona desert, creating miniature rivers that would rage through the gullies between dunes and hills, uprooting cacti and drowning a number of unfortunate creatures. Violent as the storm would become, even it would cower before the events merely a few moments away.

The roadrunner chased it's quarry onto an unpaved desert road leading up to an immaculate new warehouse. But the bird did not care in the least, he had finally bagged his meal. The fowl trotted back towards the safety of the desert plants to eat, hopping over the legs of a well dressed man lying face down in the sandy soil. He was one of the lucky ones, he was dead already.

The man was shot through the chest, but, surprisingly, there was not a whole lot of blood to be seen, most of it soaked up by the desert sand. But it was not the gunshot that had killed him, he died from shock. Further along the road, toward the warehouse, no less than thirty other men were lying on the ground, some of them moaning, most unconscious or in shock, and several of them dead. The bulk of them had broken bones and bruises on the faces, the rest of them had been shot.

Inside the building, which was lit only by sunlight, the clinking sound of metal on metal could be heard echoing amidst the wooden crates and steel walls. The sound was coming from a single man walking slowly through the rows between shelves, a revolver in one hand, his cigarette lighter in the other. He was compulsively opening and closing the Zippo lighter and muttering under his breath, the words barely audible in between the reverberating clicks of the Zippo.

"Oh God oh God...Oh God oh God...dead we're all...oh Jesus God...the hell...said we could...op the damned...oh God oh God..." The man was dressed in a tailored three piece suit and a heavily polished pair of dark brown wingtips. He closed the lighter with a snap and fumbled with it for a second before dropping on the cement floor. The sound of the metal Zippo hitting the floor made him jump. The footstep that immediately followed made him go cold.

Slowly he turned around. What he saw was a tall, dark haired man wearing a pair of blue jeans, black work boots, and a long black trench coat pointing a gun at him. But that is not what held his focus. It was the mans eyes, they were yellow.

The suit knew even before he started moving his gun and yelling that he was dead. He had just seen the yellow eyed man tear through almost forty guys without taking a scratch, and he had the drop. No getting out of this one. "Nooooo..."

The man's cry was cut short first by a gunshot, then by the bullet going through his head.

The figure in the trench coat tossed his pistol back, over his shoulder. There was no sound of it landing on the concrete.

The figure turned in a circle, looking over the warehouse. "I know you are here minion!" There was no response. "Do not force me to yank you out into the open. You will not like it."

There was an unearthly moan and the figure smirked. The crates surrounding the figure began vibrating ever so slightly. After a few seconds the steel shelves began trembling while the crates began to explode, fragmenting into splinters.

"That is better." The figure spoke with no emotion in his voice. As a crackling and popping noise began to fill the warehouse, the figure spread wide a pair of light gray wings.

Several hundred yards away, the roadrunner, still eating it's snake, became aware of something strange in the air and decided it best to run. Blue and green electricity began arcing off the metal sides of the building. The air began shifting and warping, this time it was not an illusion cause by heat. The warehouse started to moan, the wood and steel protesting the warping of the atmosphere. The bolts of electricity began striking cacti and yucca. None of the plants, despite being struck by what amounted to lightning, burst into flames or showed any evidence of being struck.

The moaning and protests of the warehouse stopped. The electricity stopped arcing off the steel. The air returned to normal. The roadrunner paused, thinking that whatever that disturbance had been, it was over now.

The warehouse exploded.

Before the bird could start running again, and before any debris from from the building could fly away from the explosion, a strange black hemisphere appeared and swelled to massive proportions, engulfing everything for a six hundred yard radius. But it was not just black. There was something else to it, something unidentifiable, almost intangible, that made it deeper than black.

Blue-green electricity randomly moved across the surface of the hemisphere before it disappeared in a flash of white.

There was no sign of the warehouse. No chunks of concrete, no steel or wood fragments, not even a foundation. It was gone. Along with the bodies of the men that had been lying in the sand.

A couple hundred yards down from where the warehouse had been, a psychotic roadrunner chased a snake chosen to be it's morning meal onto an unpaved desert road. Catching the snake, finally, the bird carried it off into the safety of the desert plants to eat.

Unregistered
04-16-2007, 10:37 AM
Mooey Ecksellontee! :D

Yeah, I'm crazy, but... you gotta know I love it. 8)

FromTheInside
04-16-2007, 10:39 AM
All I can say is "wow".
Smashingly good and defiantly grabs your attention
I honestly can't get more of this too soon.

:P

++;

forceflow17
04-17-2007, 09:35 AM
i like it

I Bite
04-17-2007, 10:41 AM
All I can say is "wow".
Smashingly good and defiantly grabs your attention
I honestly can't get more of this too soon.

:P

++;

QFDittoness

i am very interested in reading a lot, lot more

animeraven34
04-19-2007, 07:39 AM
QFDittoness

i am very interested in reading a lot, lot more

You may get your wish. That's the intro to a story that is the first of a five part "series".