kittygirl
04-16-2007, 02:09 PM
*sigh*

My boyfriend's mom consistantly has a horrible view of herself, and life in general. Example: "I'm so fat:" (which she isn't), "God isn't doing anything in my life.", "Relationships never work out, they always fail.", etc. It honestly s very hard to be around, but I can't change her. Only God can.

So please pray for her.

V-Ball Queen 32
04-16-2007, 03:48 PM
Ok. There's so many hurting people ot there. Please try to stay patient with her. I'm sorry you have to go through that. You're in my prayers.

kittygirl
04-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Honestly, she doesn't beother me to be around. I just wish she would believe God and see herself in a better light. That she would trust people, and trust that not everyone isn't out to get her. I really love this woman, she's IS like a second mother.

The Lamma
04-23-2007, 12:07 PM
You can't just make her believe. But maybe next time she says something you should tell her that she isn't. But say it in a caring way, of course. I'll be praying.

DarkestRose
05-08-2007, 01:59 AM
That's really I sad. I have struggled with self-esteem issues before as well as doubts about God's work in my life. I will be praying for her.

kittygirl
05-08-2007, 12:51 PM
It seems like lately, she's been much happier, and she's started to believe me when I tell her she looks good. (because she really is a beautiful woman.)

The Lamma
05-08-2007, 01:26 PM
Yay!! It does annoy me when people say that they are fat and stuff...I saw a movie with a super-skinny girl and she thought she was fat. But when self-esteem is not too high and not too low, all is good.

theelectric3
05-08-2007, 04:08 PM
Honestly, she doesn't beother me to be around. I just wish she would believe God and see herself in a better light. That she would trust people, and trust that not everyone isn't out to get her. I really love this woman, she's IS like a second mother.

i know how frustrating this can be. not because they are bothersome but because they won't listen. or so it feels.

so glad to hear things are getting better!

skynes
05-09-2007, 04:44 AM

If you want a real heavy approach you can tell her she's accusing God of being a liar. Then show her the verses that speak of God forming us in the womb, that God considers us lovely, that God is the potter who made us. Tell her this is what God says about her, that her calling herself fat and useless is calling God a lying useless being.

Like I said, that's a real heavy-handed approach, not recommended for most people, but there are some who'd respond best to it (people like me :P Lol)

DarkestRose
05-09-2007, 06:10 AM
I think that would just make her feel worse.

skynes
05-09-2007, 08:57 AM
I think that would just make her feel worse.

You'd be surprised.

The Lamma
05-09-2007, 01:32 PM
Like Skynes said, it only works with some. She could be one of the some, who knows? You'd have to know her personally.

DarkestRose
05-11-2007, 08:59 PM
Well, still praying for her. How's she doing Rachael?

bobbi
05-12-2007, 08:57 AM
If you want a real heavy approach you can tell her she's accusing God of being a liar. Then show her the verses that speak of God forming us in the womb, that God considers us lovely, that God is the potter who made us. Tell her this is what God says about her, that her calling herself fat and useless is calling God a lying useless being.

Like I said, that's a real heavy-handed approach, not recommended for most people, but there are some who'd respond best to it (people like me :P Lol)

I agree with you. It sounds like she just needs to learn to seek God's purpose instead of focusing on herself. (Even if it is in a negative way.)