I Bite
04-18-2007, 10:11 AM
Now a really long prayer request from me. This will probably be very confusing.

My friend Karisa comes from a very dysfunctional family. Yesterday she and her mom got into a huge fight, over a phone. We were sitting in the living room, about to go for a walk, when her mom asks her where the phone was. Karisa didn't know; her mom had it last. Her mom started shouting at her, telling her that she needed to go to Reformity School and that she was a big fat liar. I pushed Karisa out of the house, and we went for a walk(heather, my sister, was also with us). So, we were coming back from our walk, had vented all of our madness out, and we see Karisa's mom and stepdad walking towards us.
I just knew that there was gonna be a fight, cuz Karisa doesn't get along with Jerry[stepdad] well at all, so we were pretending that we hadn't seen them, and were about to go down a different street, when Jerry shouted to Karisa to hold on. Karisa said that she was about to get yelled at so bad...And I just said, "dude, we're here with you; we're not going anywhere"
So Jerry and Cora[her mom] walked towards us and Jerry asks "Why did you yell at your mom?" Karisa answered him, I Didn't, and then Cora starts spouting a bunch of crap, like seriously, i don't even know where it came from, like "you have no respect" and "you're such a liar" and all this...
So Karisa is saying stuff back[believe me, it would take 15 minutes for you guys to read it if I typed it all out] and all of a sudden Cora starts walking towards her. Karisa said "why don't you hit me then?" ANd Cora said, I would if I could, you little ****. I was quite glad I was there, because there was no reason whatsoever for her to be hitting her kid.
anyway, all of a sudden Cora starts freaking out at her: You are NOTHING! YOU'RE A ****ER! I mean, she wasn't even saying it to me, and it was making me cry. Families just don't act like that. But Karisa is strong, and she was trying really hard not to cry in front of her mom, and then her mom goes "I don't want you, NOBODY WANTS YOU!!!!!!" that broke Karisa. She started running, i mean she was crying hard, and Heather and I caught up with her and we walked back to the house.
We found my mom, and we went into the chapel. Mom knew something was wrong, but we couldn't tell her, because we were all 3 crying sooooo hard. I finally got it out...But seriously, it took me like 15 minutes, because the things Cora said to her, they were truly horrible. I have seen a lot of bad crap, but it was nothing compared to this. anyway, this morning in chapel Cora apologized to me and heather, but I know she hasn't apologized to Karisa, and even if she does, I think Karisa will still be mad and hurt, i mean, for crying out loud, I'm still mad and hurt and...she wasn't even saying anything to me. honestly, i don't hardly ever cry, but i'm crying right now just even thinking about it.
anyway, please, please pray for them...they both need so much healing, and so much help. please pray that God would give them that, and bring them both closer together.

The Lamma
04-18-2007, 11:31 AM
Wow...Thats freaky... Thats why there is such big talks about family violence. I'll be praying for sure.

Oh, and by the way, it really wasn't that confusing.

skynes
04-18-2007, 12:19 PM
Psalm 27:10 "When my father and my mother forsake me, Then the Lord will take care of me. "

I know full well the pain of dealing with a hateful parent. I'll be sure to keep her in prayer.

DarkestRose
05-08-2007, 02:04 AM
That is really sad and I'll remember her in my prayers.

froggie socks.
05-09-2007, 03:26 PM
oh my gosh, i'm cryin and i don't even know the chick, my heart aches for her, i'll be sure to keep her in my prayers.

cookie
05-10-2007, 08:26 AM
that is so sad i will pray for her

DarkestRose
05-11-2007, 08:51 PM
How's Karisa doing?

I Bite
05-13-2007, 05:56 PM
well..She and her mom haven't gotten into anymore huge fights...And she accepted her moms apology, but I can't imagine that it doesn't hurt still.

earthfiregurl
05-21-2007, 03:04 PM
That is..... well, i can't describe it! I don't understand how some mothers just hate their children! They gave birth to them didn't they! If they didn't want them, why didn't they just get rid of them in the first place?! When they first saw them, they promised themselfs that they would love them forever. But some mothers break their promises. If they did love them enough, they would forgive them no matter what they did.