Relinquished
04-20-2007, 12:17 PM
Alright! Here is something amazing that God is doing through my Dad, and his business!

My Dad is opening something completely unique to this planet, something to rock the hearts, and minds of all that hear about it! This is Skia!

Skia: Skia is a Greek word meaning shadow, used in the context of the "Shadow of the Glory of God."

Mission: To glorify God and expand His Kingdom by establishing a place in the community that is set apart - where people can find resources, refuge, encouragement, hope, restoration, refreshment, inspiration, healing, freedom, dignity, salvation, and thelove of God.

Now - At the moment this is being built, it is scheduled to open on May 12th. And it is the very first of its kind. Located in Bentonville, Arkansas.

Here is the unique thing about Skia- This is a place for people to come in and get coffee, buy music, get books, obtain apparel, and go to Christian Concerts! On top of that, the people working there, including myself, will be there to spread the word of God, and give our prayers to those that request it.

Anyway, I just wanted to share that.

(Wasn't really sure where to post this btw... :) )

~Relin~

Relinquished
04-20-2007, 12:19 PM
As I posted this - Skillet: Alien Youth - Turned on ChristianRock.net lol.

~Relin~

alienyouth9292
04-20-2007, 01:45 PM
thats cool....

The Lamma
04-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Yeah, that sounds awesome. I don't have a job right now, so I would apply if there was one near by. :P Tell your dad to keep up the good work!! Oh, and you too since you're working there. Hopefully its a success and it spreads. Any idea what bands you are going to start with?

the rocker
04-20-2007, 07:14 PM
That sounds awesome. Too bad I don't live in Arkansas. But good luck getting it started.

DarkestRose
04-20-2007, 08:26 PM
That's a very innovative idea. I think it'd be a fun place to visit. I hope it does well in helping other people know God and helping Christians come closer to Him. Sounds like it might be fun to work their too, especially in the area of feeling that your work is spiritually uplifting people. That sounds very rewarding.

V-Ball Queen 32
04-21-2007, 09:34 AM
Hey, that's cool! I hope it flies.