cinnamonxspider
04-25-2007, 06:21 PM
http://www.twloha.com/the_story.php

Has anyone heard of it? Personally, I think the story is really cool. In all honesty, I don't think I can remember the last time I felt this strongly about a movement or organisation like this one. So yeah, check it out. It's a good cause.

dawn of light
04-25-2007, 08:43 PM
Yeah, I've heard about it. Seems like a beneficial organization to me.

timmyrotter
04-25-2007, 09:21 PM
i heard about it through Dustin Kensrue (Thrice). but i dont know too much about it other than it sounds like the name of an emo band. that is prolly why i was so turned off to it in the first place. but ill have another look. :)

DarkestRose
04-25-2007, 11:14 PM
I think the story and what the website outlined about the organization sounds very worthwhile. I might look into it more.

NightCrawler
04-26-2007, 07:16 AM
The story is a fake. [edit: sorry, it looks cliché, and I read it was fake somewhere. crap if I could remember my source...]

Oh my gosh.

... and I saw a guy wearing a shirt in class on Monday.

fifi la bomba
04-26-2007, 09:58 AM
wow... that's awesome. im glad they took the time to talk with that girl and share the gospel with her... God is so amazing.

BondageDuck
04-26-2007, 11:33 AM
It's a good organization. I know Skillet is a big supporter of it...Ben has a few of the shirts, & I've seen Korey wearing the shirt & hat. I ordered myself a shirt a few days ago. I think it's a good cause.

Pretendeavor
04-27-2007, 07:32 AM
The story is a fake. [edit: sorry, it looks cliché, and I read it was fake somewhere. crap if I could remember my source...]

Oh my gosh.

... and I saw a guy wearing a shirt in class on Monday.

Why whould someone want to fake a story like that? To be honest before you post your statement you better back it up with a source. and if its from wiki than thats not a good source.

The Lamma
04-27-2007, 07:41 AM
Unless the wiki had a good source.;D

cinnamonxspider
04-27-2007, 11:27 AM
yeah i don't know. whether it's fake or not, the story is written really really well. i guess hearing your sister reading it to you over the phone while sobbing through pretty much the whole thing gives it a little more meaning.

with that said, it feels good to feel strongly about something for once in my life. being as apathetic as i am, i usually think stuff like this really lame and mostly stupid. however, i think this one's pretty rad given the things i've been through, as well as the fact that they've, well, "reached out" (if you will) to more than just the christian community. under the links page, it's pretty cool to see that non-christian bands like paramore and meg and dia support them just as much as christian bands.

okay...that was pretty pointless. oh well.

TheFireBreathes
04-27-2007, 03:47 PM
i like it too. and it's different from all the other organizations.

theelectric3
04-27-2007, 05:53 PM
i like the idea of a movement to help others in those situations. to show yes, we are reaching out and you are not alone.

LeShep
04-27-2007, 06:20 PM
I have heard FireFlight talk about it but other than that I have no clue about it.. I shall look at it tho and thanks for the link.

fire-inside
04-27-2007, 09:29 PM
I think it's an awesome cause to get behind. People who struggle with this issue in their lives need and deserve to know there's love for their scars and that not everyone will view them with judgement.

I'm all about To Write Love on Her Arms.

unshakeable15
04-28-2007, 10:06 PM
To quelm the rumors, the story is NOT fake. I've heard the guy who started this thing up talk about it in an interview. It truly, honestly, really did happen.

And it is an awesome cause to step behind and work alongside. I do the first and would do the second if given the opportunity.

skilltroks
04-29-2007, 11:58 AM
I've been meaning to get some of their tee-shirts (which is printed on American Apparel shirts :D ) . I've been struggling with suicide/eating disorders/accepting myself for who I am for a long time, therefore I'd love to support this organization.

JenniferAnn
04-29-2007, 03:12 PM
If you need to talk, i'm here. Been through those struggles first and second-hand, and i know i'm just a new kid here, but i might be able to help.
This looks like a great idea. I'll save up to buy some stuff and spread the word about it. Thanks for posting. =]

cinnamonxspider
04-30-2007, 01:18 PM
To quelm the rumors, the story is NOT fake. I've heard the guy who started this thing up talk about it in an interview. It truly, honestly, really did happen.

And it is an awesome cause to step behind and work alongside. I do the first and would do the second if given the opportunity.

thanks for that. i get pretty tired of people starting rumours about things like this being fake...however, i still felt pretty nervous when the idea of it being fake was brought up, for fear of looking like a total idiot for starting this thread in the first place. i breathed a pretty big sigh of relief when i saw your post. thanks.

oh, and i totally bought a shirt off the site the other day. SO excited.

kittygirl
04-30-2007, 03:10 PM
yeah i don't know. whether it's fake or not, the story is written really really well. i guess hearing your sister reading it to you over the phone while sobbing through pretty much the whole thing gives it a little more meaning.

with that said, it feels good to feel strongly about something for once in my life. being as apathetic as i am, i usually think stuff like this really lame and mostly stupid. however, i think this one's pretty rad given the things i've been through, as well as the fact that they've, well, "reached out" (if you will) to more than just the christian community. under the links page, it's pretty cool to see that non-christian bands like paramore and meg and dia support them just as much as christian bands.

okay...that was pretty pointless. oh well.

It seems very much a non-profit organization. Alot of times, I get slightly disgusted with organizations, because I feel like they're just manipulating people to make a fast buck, rather than really caring about the hurting.

But yes, I really like TWLOHA

Pretendeavor
05-01-2007, 08:42 AM
Skillet should get on board with this. I saw some picture of Korey wearing TWLOHA shirts.

NightCrawler
05-01-2007, 06:58 PM
thanks for that. i get pretty tired of people starting rumours about things like this being fake...however, i still felt pretty nervous when the idea of it being fake was brought up, for fear of looking like a total idiot for starting this thread in the first place. i breathed a pretty big sigh of relief when i saw your post. thanks.

oh, and i totally bought a shirt off the site the other day. SO excited.
Sorry, I didn't mean to start a rumour. I am just a skeptic, and someone gave me further reason to be skeptical.

cinnamonxspider
05-02-2007, 02:46 PM
oh hey, no big deal. i typically hate organisations like this, so i totally understand. you have every right to be skeptical. so yeah, no worries.

unshakeable15
05-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Skillet should get on board with this. I saw some picture of Korey wearing TWLOHA shirts.
Seeing how many bands (http://www.twloha.com/links.php) have already stepped behind this, i don't know if Skillet really needs to get on board. Although, if they did it was be great. "The Last Night" would work perfectly with promotion. :)

But, for now, i'm content with Korey wearing the hat.

theelectric3
05-03-2007, 02:22 PM
korey wears a hat.
ben wears a shirt.

so they are spreading the word about TWLOHA.

JenniferAnn
05-03-2007, 02:28 PM
I mentioned this to my teacher who's talking it over with our outreach ministers. We might have a fundraiser or something for it. I think i'll pick up a few babysitting jobs to get a shirt and hat or somethin'.

bobbi
05-12-2007, 07:45 AM
I'm a big fan of TWLOHA. I think it's a great organization.