animeraven34
04-27-2007, 11:39 AM
My wife Shonda, is pregnant. My parents are excited as can be; Shonda's parents, specifically her mother, were rather underwhelmed and somehow managed to take all the joy out of it...as always.

That's not why I'm posting this here though. We need prayer, please. Shonda's job is not looking good; the company had to fire half it's employees because there wasn't enough money to pay them, and Shon's hours have been cut back to between 32 and 38 a week. The result - we can barely make our rent, and have had to beg my folks for money for groceries/utilities.

Worry number two - I desperately need a job. I've been searching for one for SEVEN years. I moved away from my tiny little hometown where everyone knew my bad reputation, it's been more than a year and I still haven't found a job anywhere. Now we have a baby on the way and Shon won't be able to work for much longer.

And finally, worry number three - We need a new place to live. Our place is a one bedroom apartment; we really like the place but, our rent is going up if we sign a new lease. If we go month to month our rent will go up more than a hundred dollars.

This was definitely not what we were planning. Our plans involved finishing college and finding a house to rent before even thinking of having kids. But God does so love to throw us curve balls when we least expect it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about this. I'm excited about being a father, I'm just worried about how we're going to survive...and that my mother-in-law will get her super-conservative, screwed up religious fangs into our children. I'm sure God has everything worked out already, and I know I shouldn't worry, but any prayers offered would be GREATLY appreciated.

alienyouth9292
04-27-2007, 12:23 PM
*praying*

frymeskillet
04-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Wow. I'll be praying.

Anonymous2011
04-27-2007, 01:41 PM
That really sucks! Wow. I'm posotive something is going to work out and your (and our!) prayers will be answered. Just show people how dedicated you are and someone will restpect you for it and hire you. If Shon loses her job, you might get one. If she doesn't you might get one, too! God has a way of working things out so be cautious but have faith. I'm praying for you.

Anonymous2011
04-27-2007, 01:43 PM
Oh, I forgot. Congradulations on the baby. I'm sure s/he will bring you more joy than pain.

The Lamma
04-27-2007, 02:14 PM
Just keep on trusting in God. He always provides for those who trust in Him. I'll be praying.

JenniferAnn
04-29-2007, 03:26 PM
Consider the prayers pouring in for you guys. And congratulations about the baby! =D

animeraven34
04-30-2007, 07:35 AM
Thanks all.

Tromos
04-30-2007, 07:53 AM
Congrats on the forthcoming blessing :)

What kind of work are you looking for?

bob
04-30-2007, 08:43 AM
Congratulations on the child on the way. Your situation will be in my prayers though.

DarkestRose
05-08-2007, 01:35 AM
1) congrats on the baby
2) I will be praying for you and your family

cookie
05-08-2007, 08:45 AM
**********praying********* yeah i can all most relate to wat your sayin one of my good friends is nine months pregnant with a girl and she is 15 years old

I Bite
05-08-2007, 12:16 PM
firstly, Congratulations.

Secondly, I'm praying for you and your family.

animeraven34
05-16-2007, 05:13 PM
Well, thank you, sincerely, for all the prayer. My wife and I finally got to a doctor and confirmed that she's pregnant (no news there :P). And I broke down and went to a temporary to hire/temporary job agency. I went in yesterday morning, they called me this afternoon and I start working tomorrow at 8 a.m. :D Grounds keeper at a cemetery, but it pays $9 an hour and has health insurance AND they are looking for a long term employee. So that's one concern out of the way. We talked with Shonda's insurance company, and they are going to cover most of her hospital costs and doctors visits, etc. Another concern out of the way. The only one left is transportation for me. I have my eye on an old Volkswagen square back (Beetle Station Wagon :P), which I'm going to take a closer look at...and probably pay for it by giving up (selling) my old hot rod pick up. *sighs* Oh well, such is life. :P

The Lamma
05-16-2007, 05:25 PM
Thats great!! Health insurance is always good, but it doesn't really go with a cemetery...:P And thats great that the insurance company will cover Shonda's expenses. The costs can be killer, especially for those with low income.