Geneva
04-29-2007, 05:07 PM
So, for all you rad drummers out there, what kind of stuff do you like to use?

I like Pearl drum heads.

Drumsticks? I don't really have a preference, but I like them to be skinny and lightweight so I can roll real easily.

Anyone else have any opinions on drums and drum stuff?

8)

chick~magnet
04-29-2007, 05:52 PM
i like evans heads........either a 2B's or 5A's for sticks......i like pearl bass pedals...and zildjian cymbals!!!

Geneva
04-29-2007, 06:26 PM
Yeah Zildjian rocks!

Right now, my drumset is from walmart, embarssingly enough. My cymbals don't sound the greatest, so I'm slowly going to replace parts from this drumset with better parts.

Someday I'll have a cool set. :D

terrasin
04-30-2007, 12:47 AM
Custom kit... it's a Frankenstein.
Remo heads
Zildjian Z Custom Symbols
Vic Firth sticks
DW Pedals

bob
04-30-2007, 03:08 AM
I air drum.

Geneva
04-30-2007, 04:05 AM
That's pretty cool. :)

pizza brain
04-30-2007, 08:26 AM
I like abeka heads and Dixon sticks....tranlation
I'm a loser who sits around drumming on books with my penciles while doing home work.

Joelle
04-30-2007, 03:40 PM
for drumsticks i'd go vic firth..3A like lori.

Geneva
04-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Yeah, I usually use Vic Firths, but I have a couple pairs that have no brand whatsoever, and they're pretty cool.

skillet_head
04-30-2007, 06:31 PM
I use coated Evan heads. They sound really good. I've used aquarian before, but don't sound too good IMO. As for sticks, Vic Firth 5A sticks. And Cymbals Zildian Avedis cymbals. As for set, I'm playing a Pearl Forum series kit. It's a 5pc, but played with just one tom and a floor tom. But I'm looking to get a new set soon, but looking more at custom drum companies than a name brand set.

-J

Crusader
05-01-2007, 02:52 PM
I have a taye set. I have my toms set off to the left side so i can still have both of them but have a ride cymbal right at my right side. I have a zildjian high-hat, 2 zildjian crashes, a sabian ride, a sabian china, and a sabian splash. I prefer to use zildjian tempesta sticks, oh they are amazing. I used vic firth once and broke them after practicing 2 times so i don't really like them that much :S oh and i use remo heads.

Joelle
05-15-2007, 12:53 PM
does anybody know anything about CB drums?

Geneva
05-15-2007, 02:28 PM
Nope.

At this moment, I'm living off a Wal-mart brand set until I can afford a good one. =x

terrasin
05-15-2007, 05:11 PM

My Frankenstein is based off a CB set. What I can say about them is they use a very heavy wood shell... not the best sounding until you make some mods to it, but it can sound very good. Mind you, you have to be a little daring and be willing to have a little saw saw here and a drill drill there.

But that can be taken with a grain of salt. My set is around 16 or so years old and I'm sure they have changed a lot about their drums since then. Best thing you could do is look up reviews online.

CJ

Quadripedman
05-15-2007, 05:25 PM
i air drum as well.

i want to get a drum kit, but my room (and budget for that matter...) is really tight atm. i already have a keyboard and it has drum whatnot on it. it sounds horrible, but it works. i suppose ::]

bob
05-15-2007, 07:09 PM

My friend Danny (http://www.zoelife4u.org/~bob/Danny5.jpg) uses a CB set and they sound great in my opinion.