DarkestRose
04-29-2007, 09:39 PM
I’m having so much trouble with my thoughts. I don’t really want to go into detail but I think it will suffice it to say that I’ve been struggling for over two years now with intrusive thoughts that I find quite disturbing. It might also help to say that these thoughts are religious in nature, and, to put it lightly, are really causing me to struggle with my relationship with God. I feel very anxious, panicked, guilty and frightened about them. And lately it this has really been weighing down heavy on me. Still, even though I don’t want these thoughts, my mind seems to be obsessively locked in on them. I have been praying about this for years but lately things have been getting worse. I’m really needing prayers because I’m so stressed out about this.

The Lamma
04-30-2007, 06:34 PM
I kinda know how you are feeling - kinda. I don't know exactly what it is for you, but I know I've struggled with my thoughts a lot recently. I'll be praying.

JenniferAnn
04-30-2007, 07:04 PM
I'll be praying for you.<3 If you need to talk, i'm here. =]

DarkestRose
05-01-2007, 02:35 AM
Thanks, guys. I'm still struggling but yesterday wasn't so bad.

alorian
05-01-2007, 03:48 PM
I'm praying for you.

Nice siggy by the way.

DarkestRose
05-04-2007, 01:09 AM
Thanks (and also thanks about the siggy).

Thought are acting up again, but I was better for awhile.

The Lamma
05-04-2007, 08:07 AM
One thing you can do is daily ask God to cleanse your mind, and pray when temptation hits. It helps a lot. Also remember this verse: 13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. (1 Corinthians 10:13)

earthfiregurl
05-19-2007, 05:01 PM
I'll be praying for you! I know how your feeling (kinda)!:D

DarkestRose
06-12-2007, 11:46 PM
Dragging this back up because I have a prayer similar but different.

This one is about actual thoughts and daydreams versus obsessive, impulsive ones. Philippians 4:8 says that we are supposed to have thoughts that are based on what's true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and praiseworthy. I feel weaker to thoughts since I ruminate through introverted intution.

Firstly, I would appreciate prayer that God would help me watch the television, movies, books, magazines, conversations and such that I get into. Secondly, for my thought/daydream life that it would be like in Phil. 4:8.