Geneva
05-01-2007, 04:24 PM
...to hang up fliers.

Sometimes it's hard to just figure out where you should hang up those fliers you spent hours working on.

So, any good ideas?

I think putting them in the stalls of public bathrooms is good, because really, what else are you going to look at while you do your business, right?

:P

Any other thoughts, ideas?

DarkestRose
05-01-2007, 04:27 PM
I think grocery stores usually have bulletin boards for such announcements. You may need to clear it with the store first and pay a fee.

Maybe telephone poles but I'd check into that. People can't do that in my city, apparently.

Some 24hr markets let you put your fliers in their windows, but you'd still need to talk to them.

If you have a locker at school, you could post one on that. I'd clear it with the school before I put them elsewhere, however.

BondageDuck
05-01-2007, 04:30 PM
Hmm...music stores, definitely. Whether it's a store like FYE that sells CDs or Guitar Center that sells instruments, I'm sure they would let you. I'll post again if I think of more.

Geneva
05-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Haha I posted some all over my school today.

I'm pretty sure our principal doesn't mind, cause there's always posters up for something.

I like the music store idea.

:)

bob
05-01-2007, 06:26 PM
I'd stick them on people's cars because there is nothing more annoying than that. ;) You could also hit up skate parks or even throw them in people's mail boxes. Because you know you'll make the day of some 98 year old lady when she finds a Skillet flyer in her mail. :)

Geneva
05-01-2007, 06:28 PM
Haha.

If it's annoying to put fliers on cars, why would a person do that? ;)

Wouldn't it like, un-promote Skillet.

:P

bob
05-01-2007, 06:30 PM
If it's annoying to put fliers on cars, why would a person do that? ;)

Wouldn't it like, un-promote Skillet.

Not necessarily. It might lead one to ask themselves "Who would be adamant enough to put flyers on every car in this Wal-Mark parking lot?!" and then they'd realize if they were that adamant about them then they have to be good.

Geneva
05-01-2007, 06:36 PM
Haha true. Very true.

I wore a sign on my back today.

But, oddly enough, every time I put my backpack on, it came off..

DarkestRose
05-01-2007, 06:53 PM
I'd stick them on people's cars because there is nothing more annoying than that. ;) You could also hit up skate parks or even throw them in people's mail boxes. Because you know you'll make the day of some 98 year old lady when she finds a Skillet flyer in her mail. :)

Is it legal to just stick stuff in mail boxes? I was under the imperssion that it had to actually go through the mail system.

bob
05-01-2007, 06:56 PM
I never read anywhere that it is illegal.

DarkestRose
05-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Well, that's all cool then with the mailboxes.

JenniferAnn
05-02-2007, 10:43 AM
I'll just put them in all my friends' lockers. ahaha. =p I'm going to put one on my locker until a teacher yells at me to take it down, 'cause students are allowed to put signs on eachother's lockers for birthdays and no one gets in trouble, so i'll just do that. And the inside of my locker is already covered. haha<3

Geneva
05-02-2007, 05:17 PM
People keep taking my fliers down.

I heard it's because they see it, and squeal over how cute John and Ben are and just take it... haha

JenniferAnn
05-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Oh, sorry, i'll give them back. =P ;D

Geneva
05-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Haha you would do that.

But seriously, I'm missing like, 10 posters...

JenniferAnn
05-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Aha, well, at least you're spreading the word. =p

Geneva
05-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Yeah.

5 people have already told me they're going to the concert.

JenniferAnn
05-02-2007, 05:39 PM
More than five people have told me to shut up. =p But i was playing Comatose in Electronic Writer today and i got some people intrested, so i guess that's cool. =p Technically i was supposed to be looking for a different song but it was "for the good of the project." ;]

BondageDuck
05-02-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm bringing like 20 people to their show here...maybe they'll all help me hang fliers. :)

Geneva
05-03-2007, 04:20 AM
I just printed off more fliers.

If I run out of places, I'll put them in people's back pockets.

:D

JenniferAnn
05-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Heh, if you have too many, feel free to send 'em over this-a-way. Mine don't exactly look.. er.. artistically appealing. In other words, the only thing that doesnt stink about them is that it's Skillet. =p I have no talent. =p

Geneva
05-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Haha I could make you some and send 'em to ya. :P

BondageDuck
05-03-2007, 04:06 PM
I just printed off more fliers.

If I run out of places, I'll put them in people's back pockets.

:D

HAHAHA, that's great, I should do that!

Geneva
05-03-2007, 04:47 PM

Lol.

They walk around a for a bit and when they reach for their wallet... oh look.. some weird people are in my back pocket... Do they live there?

=x

BondageDuck
05-04-2007, 03:28 PM
I made some fliers...tell me what you guys think. :)

Color (http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/8982/skilletposterth7.jpg)
Black & White (http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/3237/skilletposter2pw8.jpg)

DarkestRose
05-04-2007, 03:46 PM
Those are really cool. Probably better than anything I could make. I think both of them are great.

fang
05-04-2007, 07:46 PM
Just don't stick any fliers in mailboxes. My mom works for the post office and any time they find fliers in mailboxes that didn't go through the mail system they have to take them out.

bob
05-04-2007, 07:57 PM
Stick them in kids binders when they aren't looking. :) Or if a car has it's windows cracked, bam! ;)

bob
05-04-2007, 07:58 PM
I made some fliers...tell me what you guys think. :)

Color (http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/8982/skilletposterth7.jpg)
Black & White (http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/3237/skilletposter2pw8.jpg)

The link to the colored one doesn't work. But the black and white one is awesome. John looks ready to beat the crap out of someone. :)

fang
05-04-2007, 08:05 PM
If lockers have those little slits in them you can put some in there. People are sure to notice a stack of fliers falling out of their locker when they open it.

unshakeable15
05-05-2007, 09:20 AM
The color one worked for me. ;D And both of them are awesome.

You know what would be very generous, if someone was willing to make some stock promo posters that leave space for local info like ticket price, venue, time, promotors and the like. Have on their SKILLET and maybe another piece of info or two (but nothing too text-heavy). Then, those who can't make posters or suck at it can still get access to some tight looking promo posters for the concerts in their area.

Anyone up for it?

BondageDuck
05-05-2007, 09:50 AM
I'd be glad to do it!! :)

JenniferAnn
05-05-2007, 12:19 PM
If lockers have those little slits in them you can put some in there. People are sure to notice a stack of fliers falling out of their locker when they open it.

Sadly, my school's lockers dont have the slits in them. Gah.

Anywho, i love those posters, the color & black and white one. Can you say rad? =]

BarlowgIRL
05-05-2007, 05:19 PM
Just don't stick any fliers in mailboxes. My mom works for the post office and any time they find fliers in mailboxes that didn't go through the mail system they have to take them out.

That's why you put them in there after you know the mail has been delivered....

Or just put the "to current resident" thing on it....;)

I Bite
05-06-2007, 12:16 PM
The color one worked for me. ;D And both of them are awesome.

You know what would be very generous, if someone was willing to make some stock promo posters that leave space for local info like ticket price, venue, time, promotors and the like. Have on their SKILLET and maybe another piece of info or two (but nothing too text-heavy). Then, those who can't make posters or suck at it can still get access to some tight looking promo posters for the concerts in their area.

Anyone up for it?

I'd be happy to do it, but I'm not that great with all the image stuff quite yet..

When I learn tho..:D

Geneva
05-09-2007, 05:31 PM
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m165/GenevaDUDE14/SkilletConcert.gif

There's one.

Not the best quality, though.

The black space at the bottom is add information for the concert.

timmyrotter
05-09-2007, 06:22 PM
id send out Myspace bulletins with specific info on the concert and encourage people to go (offer them a ride etc.)

Geneva
05-09-2007, 06:28 PM
Good idea.

timmyrotter
05-09-2007, 06:43 PM
i just came up with this one... why not use craigslist to advertise for Skillet concerts? use the Events section, under Community. here is the link, post one for your town, make sure to only post once a week, its really easy to get your post removed there, so abide by their rules.

http://www.craigslist.org/cal/

bob
05-11-2007, 05:08 PM
I guess the general consensus we have here is it's best to make our own flyers and hand them out.

LeShep
05-18-2007, 07:39 PM
im thinking of getting a tarp..and having someone with artistic hand...I have a 6ft privacy fence and live on the curve of state park so with summer coming and alot of people doing cookouts and ball players ect... would see a huge sign of Skillet and write some lyrics and maybe even the neon glow in the dark paint (tho its very thin) so that when the "nightlifers" will see it too.

we have 6 acres and most part of the roadside has fencing..so they would notice it for sure.

zeroneff
05-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Stick em in lockers, Walmart, and Family book store's...
I think the bathroom is a bad place to put a add. Think obout it. **Were did you heard of skillet** I think you can go to you're local gasstation and stick ad's in you're local newspaper...

DarkestRose
05-19-2007, 03:31 AM
You could make little fliers and stick them in the back of your library books, return the books and when someone looks at the books, they'll find the fliers.

Joelle
06-14-2007, 06:10 PM
im thinking of getting a tarp..and having someone with artistic hand...I have a 6ft privacy fence and live on the curve of state park so with summer coming and alot of people doing cookouts and ball players ect... would see a huge sign of Skillet and write some lyrics and maybe even the neon glow in the dark paint (tho its very thin) so that when the "nightlifers" will see it too.

we have 6 acres and most part of the roadside has fencing..so they would notice it for sure.

that's the best idea ever!!!