timmyrotter
05-02-2007, 04:04 PM
second time in 2 weeks my school has been shut down due to a threat, last one mentioned Virgina Tech, and im not sure about this one. but threats are most likely made up anyway, if someone is gonna do it, why would they tell people before hand? doesnt that defeat the purpose? is anyone else getting threats at their school lately? i just hope there isnt school tomorrow cause i have class.

unshakeable15
05-02-2007, 04:22 PM
It's like suicide. A lot of suicides are simply cries for help, but the person doesn't know how or who to cry to. That doesn't mean their threat of suicide isn't real, but they can go too far in calling out for help.

Just because someone is saying they are gonna do something rash and stupid doesn't mean they won't. It could simply mean they are in need of severe help. In fact, i would state that is always the case, whether they intend to act on their threat or no.

riz
05-02-2007, 06:51 PM
My opinion is that it's done to arouse universal fear and panic. There's usually an increase of threats and such just after these incidents (like Virginia Teach and Jonesboro, as examples). It's a great shame people take advantage of such tragic situations.

DarkestRose
05-02-2007, 07:15 PM
That's really disconcerting. I think a lot of what Mike said is true.

My high school has a bomb threat back during my junior year, but there was no bomb found. And nothing happened afterward. They didn't even catch the person. Weird.

bob
05-02-2007, 07:31 PM
There was a "threat" at my High School two days ago and nothing conclusive was made out of it. I think people just enjoy being scared.

DarkestRose
05-02-2007, 08:37 PM
That's really sad. I've been thinking, didn't Columbine set off copy-cats? In the same manner, I guess Virginia Tech will too. It is like a chain reaction of violence (or threats of).

terrasin
05-02-2007, 11:32 PM
It always happens like this. Something major happens and suddenly, you have an outbreak of the same things going on. Only this time it seems to be much bigger than just schools (as seen in the NASA building).

DarkestRose
05-02-2007, 11:38 PM
I just heard about the NASA building. Sad.

timmyrotter
05-03-2007, 06:52 AM
school today... the last 2 weeks, school closed 2.5 days, Timmy missed 0 classes! why me...