cookie
05-14-2007, 10:04 AM
does any one remember on spring break that a little boy got killed in florida by a dump truck? well that was my little brothers best friend and he still hasnt came back to his original self i was wondering if he ever will and would there be any way i could help him out

The Lamma
05-14-2007, 11:04 AM
No, I haven't heard of it, but that is sad... First of all, pray. And is there any way you can think of to liven him up, make him happy and smile at all? That might help.

Vuren
05-14-2007, 07:16 PM
does any one remember on spring break that a little boy got killed in florida by a dump truck? well that was my little brothers best friend and he still hasnt came back to his original self i was wondering if he ever will and would there be any way i could help him out

to be quite honest, he'll never be himself, his innocence was taken from him, and the best you can do is be there for him but otherwise your brother will never be like how he was.

DarkestRose
05-15-2007, 12:36 AM
I hadn't heard about the incident either. It's really sad and I can understand why your brother would feel the way he does (in theory, however, not from experience). I do believe that with time and prayer God can emotionally, mentally and spiritually renew him, but I don't think that necessarily means he'll pop back to his "former self" unaffected. We all are the product of our circumstances and experiences, how we react to them and what we learned from them to an extent. That doesn't mean he won't get "better." If he's struggling with depression or anxiety or anger or anything like that, it's not hopeless that he stays that way. It just means that instead of working toward the past good, we pray for and work toward a future good. Does that make any sense or am I rambling? I'll be praying for your brother in any case.

cookie
05-15-2007, 10:18 AM
ok i've been praying and my mom and him have been cring together over it. i've been trying to get him to play with me but he says that he never feels like it. hes had two of his best friends die in under one year. the first one lived across my street and my lil brother went over to his house to invite him over to his birthday that day and his parents told him that he had died. they told my mom how he died and she told me. "it was in the middle of the night and he had a seizure and bit his tounge into and drowned in his own blood.

The Lamma
05-15-2007, 11:21 AM
Thats even more sad...Its freaky. Just pray. He may not want to play, but you might be able to make him laugh every now and then.

earthfiregurl
05-21-2007, 12:39 PM
That is SO sad! I never heard that, but i WILL be praying for your brother, you and your family. It's so sad that people have to deal with these kind of things. But, for some reason i don't feel a real threat in death. Death is a part life, it happens to everyone. Again, I will pray for you!