MAJTwister
05-14-2007, 07:16 PM
Did anyone else notice the link banner for Evan Almighty on Skillet.com's main spalsh page? I'm assuming that this means they might have a song on the soundtrack maybe? That would be very cool if they did!

timmyrotter
05-14-2007, 07:27 PM
i found this, i hope Skillet will be on it, but it doesnt look like it is yet.

http://www.breathecast.com/Christian.Music.News-Bruce.Almighty.Sequel.Premiere.to.Draw.Top.Christi an.Bands/2_1611.htm

DarkestRose
05-14-2007, 10:56 PM
Seem to be doing stuff with Flyleaf (http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=7457032&blogID=263111401&MyToken=45083bb8-5792-4840-9713-de658d3ca5d8) too:

alienyouth9292
05-15-2007, 04:10 AM
i know that switchfoot will be in the soundtrack.....

terrasin
05-15-2007, 04:16 AM
Ironic considering the first one was suppose to be very mocking and slightly blasphemous toward religion.

CJ

skynes
05-15-2007, 05:39 AM
Ironic considering the first one was suppose to be very mocking and slightly blasphemous toward religion

Odd... I found ot to be nothing of the sort like that.

timmyrotter
05-15-2007, 06:45 AM
Steve Carrell is my favorite comedian right now, so im happy. it doesnt seem blasphemous, in fact Evan Almighty is sponsoring some stages at some Christian Festivals this summer. sorry i dont have a link, but while i was searching last night i did find something about Skillet playing on the Evan Almighty stage at a festival (possibly cornerstone.)

The Lamma
05-15-2007, 11:28 AM
Thats so sweet!! Bruce Almighty was pretty awesome because it brought in Christian aspects to Hollywood. Noah's Ark and these bands is gonna rock!! (double pun :P)

bob
05-15-2007, 11:57 AM
I'm thinking the movie will be hilarious.

terrasin
05-15-2007, 04:40 PM
Odd... I found ot to be nothing of the sort like that.
They were talking about it on the DVD if you watch the extras. There was a deleted scene they took out of where he was parting some punch like the red sea or something like that at a party. Can't remember off hand. That's where they were talking about it.

Still, was a good movie. ;)

CJ

Geneva
05-15-2007, 05:06 PM
He did that with tomato soup in a diner. =x

alienyouth9292
05-15-2007, 05:13 PM
the movie sounds pretty cool!!

i'm pretty sure that the director of "bruce almighty" was a christian....

bob
05-15-2007, 06:45 PM
the movie sounds pretty cool!!

i'm pretty sure that the director of "bruce almighty" was a christian....

He is as far as I know.

The Lamma
05-16-2007, 11:19 AM
Lol, unless Hollywood got to him, which is possible.

bob
05-16-2007, 11:20 AM
You talk as if Hollywood chews people up and spits them out. :P

I think the concept for the movie is really funny.

The Lamma
05-16-2007, 11:39 AM
If you remember, I chew up Bobs and swallow them. :P And ya, 'Evan's Ark' sounds interesting. :P

Geneva
05-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Skillet posted a video for this movie on myspace.

alienyouth9292
05-16-2007, 06:25 PM
ahhhhh that preview on skillet's myspace is hilarious!!

The Lamma
05-16-2007, 06:29 PM
I better check it out...

timmyrotter
05-25-2007, 03:27 PM
well... here you go!

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=12268788&blogID=268683638&MyToken=b40d6ed3-80ca-46d7-b302-5c0fadd97f6c

The Lamma
05-25-2007, 04:40 PM
It looks wacky cool, but wheres the 'almighty' part of it? I didn't see no almighty powers in the trailer...

DarkestRose
05-25-2007, 04:45 PM
Have any of the people promoting the movie, e.g. the bands, Christian organizations, etc. seen the movie. It seems like everyone is promoting the movie after only seeing the trailer, which is odd to me.

Edit: I fixed it Lamma. I interrupted my thought.

The Lamma
05-25-2007, 04:57 PM
Have any of the people promoting the movie, e.g. the bands, Christian organizations, etc.

Have they what?? And I'm sure the people promoting it have heard more about it. Imdb might have some more info on it.

DarkestRose
05-25-2007, 05:25 PM
My question, which I fixed, was has anybody, such as Skillet, seen the movie?

I think the first movie was okay in that it was mostly a sweet comedy about God, but I found it a little irreverent and it had some inappropriate content. And I think it was okay enough to not be offensive or blasphemous, but not good enough to endorse.

All we have with this movie is a trailer and we don't know much about the content otherwise. This movie does look tamer (it's only PG) but I feel that it would be nice to know that Christians endorsing the movie know what they are endorsing.

The Lamma
05-25-2007, 09:02 PM
First off, when is it released? If its soon, its possible that they have seen raw footage or a low-rendered version. If not, its possible that they have talked with the producers, read the script, seen the storyboards, ect. I'm sure the bands in the soundtrack would have made sure they weren't supporting a piece of blasphemy before they signed the contract. And the director is Christian.

DarkestRose
05-25-2007, 09:27 PM
See and I've wondered if they saw a script because the Elms had a script of the movie Saved! when they were entertaining the idea of being in it. And that is something I considered.

I realize that the director is Christian, but the first movie did have it's share of sexual humor and other inappropriate content to merit of PG-13 rating and some Christians did find it irreverent. While I do think this was is tamer and probably won't be an issue, I just wonder about if the band had any idea of the movie beyond what we know before they accepted money for their tour in exchange for promotions.

Punkchick_002
05-26-2007, 07:28 AM
Um....Even though everyone is saying that this is a CHRISTIAN movie, but I think that this movie (and Bruce Almighty) is VERY blasphemous and I am personally dissappionted that Skillet would support a movie like this. But thats just what I think.:( ??? :-\

timmyrotter
05-26-2007, 07:30 AM
Who cares if they promote it or not, its good publicity...

The Lamma
05-26-2007, 09:09 AM
If it doesn't turn out blasphemous, and thats it, it gives the bands a chance to evangelize. And if you think anything that takes Bible stuff and puts into a different story is blasphemous, I really want you to go look at Veggie Tales. :P

As for Bruce Almighty, I watched an edited version, so there was no crap and none of that bad stuff. And it turned out to be ok that way. ;D

bob
05-26-2007, 09:15 AM
The only "questionable content" in Bruce Almighty was one f-bomb and a few sexual inuendos . . .

The Lamma
05-26-2007, 09:44 AM
Which I never saw. :P

DarkestRose
05-26-2007, 11:06 AM
My point was never that I didn't like the movie. Before Skillet promoted it, I had already heard about it in the previews when I went to see Bridge to Terabithia. Because its PG instead of the PG-13 like the former movie, I do except it be tamer.

My question is not as much about the movie as much how much all of the Christian bands and Christian organizations promoting and embracing this movie knew about it before they began. God is still one to be spoken of with reverence and I would think any Christians supporting the movie would want to know the whole of what they are promoting to be sure that they can support it in congruency with their morals.

So I am interested in knowing how much they knew about the movie before the started to promote it? Did they see a script? Or what?

Punkchick_002
05-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Thats just what my opinion is....just putting it out there for everybody!

unshakeable15
05-26-2007, 07:06 PM
From the last paragraph of the blog: "Skillet has jumped on board to promote the upcoming movie, "Evan Almighty" along with other churches and Christian organizations inspired by the film, in an initiative called ArkALMIGHTY which is a pay it forward good deeds campaign. A sampling of active partners includes the Willow Creek Association, Youth Specialties, Teen Mania Ministries, The International Bible Society and Sermon Spice. Each day, hundreds of churches, large and small, are signing up for this inspirational and fun initiative."

It sounds like it's more about ArkALMIGHTY than it is about Evan Almighty, which there is still promotion of that, by association of the concept. However, i doubt (with it being such a widespread movement) that Skillet got to see a script or an early cut of the movie. Production companies don't like having tons of people seeing early versions of movies as it tends to eat into profits and allow the story to get out there before the movie does.