PlayAtari2600
05-18-2007, 10:14 AM
I was recently asked to help choose the songs for our senior class slideshow. I went through the usual list, always trying to stay a little outside the box (Finale b from Rent is a good example). Then I suggested a song nobody has heard of, and everybody loved it so much we have it as our grand finale: "Say Goodbye" by Skillet.
This then hit me that Skillet really missed an opportunity with this song. I have a feeling had they released this song to secular stations it would have done/be doing a LOT better than "Older I Get", especially because of it's tie-in with graduations, plus most people agree it's just a genuinely better song.
Why am I telling you all this? I don't know, I think I just needed to share my revaltion with sombody, and see how many people agreed that it was a real missed opportunity.

NOTE: This is NOT saying we shouldn't vote for or be incredibly supportive of "Older I Get", because we should.

bob
05-18-2007, 10:25 AM
Say Goodbye will most likely be their next single. ;)

Did you end up using the song for the slideshow?

riz
05-19-2007, 09:11 PM
I think this definitely is the strongest song for a more 'mainstream' audience. But I think Older also has a nice following. A lot of people I know who've listened to Skillet enjoy it.

PlayAtari2600
05-20-2007, 09:32 AM
To answer your question bob, yes, we did use it as the grand finale in the slideshow. It's getting premiered on Thursday.

DarkestRose
05-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Like Bob said, I think Say Goodbye is going to be the next single. So no worries.

Also, I love the way that the Older I Get is touching people to find healing in relationships, to choose forgiveness, mercy and grace. So I'm glad that it was chosen as a single.