as~i~lay~dying
05-25-2007, 09:42 PM
Finally!! What is everyone's summer plans? I am headed off to Mexico tomorrow- and the rest of my summer will be spent packing out our house for our move to North Carolina! Well, I hope whatever you all end up doing you have fuuun and stay safe!!! ;)

bob
05-26-2007, 09:20 AM
Boo!!!! I hate summer:

Sunburn
Hot temperatures
No A/C in my house

What's there to love about it? :P

The Lamma
05-26-2007, 09:43 AM
We use fans, lol. I hate the overwhelming heat, too. But I love the camps I go to each summer. I'm going to my church camp for an L.I.T. course so that I can counsel at the camp, and then partaking in the camp, and then I might possibly counsel at a camp this summer. I'm also going to another sweet camp, and doing the Canadian Badlands Passion Play. If any of you end up around central Alberta during the first couple weeks of July, you need to pop by and watch it. :D Other than that, I think I'm going to take it lesiurely, maybe work on a movie.

I Bite
05-26-2007, 12:25 PM
I'm going to try to get a job working with horses at a ranch 20 min. from our house...If I can just get up the nerve to call. Pretty much, if I don't get a job, I'll be doing..Nothing.
So i want a job. :D

terrasin
05-26-2007, 01:36 PM
Getting ready to go to California for a month... yay. :| I don't like California.

When we come back, we have some pretty big shows coming up to work. Lots of festivals, Genesis, The Police, etc, so we will be keeping busy with that and our other stuff.

Looking to buy a house.

CJ

The Lamma
05-26-2007, 05:53 PM
Best Buy keeps on emailing me about The Police...Why did I subscribe to them in the first place?

terrasin
05-26-2007, 06:58 PM
Considering they are trained to rip you off, lie to you, and generally treat you with disrespect, I wonder that too. ;)

CJ

riz
05-27-2007, 06:43 AM
Summer hasn't come yet for me. It comes on June 21. I'm going to be working, and also taking a course during July. Then . . . no idea!

The Lamma
05-28-2007, 12:23 PM
Considering they are trained to rip you off, lie to you, and generally treat you with disrespect, I wonder that too. ;)

CJ

I think it had to do with the fact that at one point in time I wanted to get a Wii really bad, so I subscribed to a ton of electronics places...

Anyway, chances are that my family is going to be doing some sweet movie stuff this summer, along with the other stuff I mentioned.

skilltroks
05-28-2007, 08:23 PM
I'm working to save money for school/college in the fall.

I Bite
05-29-2007, 11:34 AM
nix on the horses, I'll be cleaning.

cowillis94
05-29-2007, 11:17 PM
my summer plans are going to be learning electric bass guitar,and regular guitar,and get some drums.sleep,eat,christian rock!;) and pretty much try to witness to people who are not christians.:) ;)

eowyn
05-31-2007, 11:57 AM
Death to you for whom summer has arrived. I still have three and a half more weeks of classes and final exams.

When that exciting process finishes, I have two and a half months of bean-picker driving to look forward to.

Basically, I shall be a noctural creature, listening to lots and lots and lots of books on tape and trying to suck up any quail I see!

The Lamma
05-31-2007, 12:45 PM
Don't worry, I'm not done school yet, either. Things are slower down though, and soon more summer things will replace the busy schedule of school year things.

earthfiregurl
06-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Boo!!!! I hate summer

What is wrong with you?!?!?! ( not screaming that in a rude way) ^-^

Death to you for whom summer has arrived. I still have three and a half more weeks of classes and final exams.

Are you sure your Christian?! I still have final exams, but do you hear me complainin'?

DarkestRose
06-01-2007, 12:55 PM
Summer is very pretty here because nearly everyone in my neighborhood has beautiful gardens. Now I can read outside and get some sun.

the rocker
06-01-2007, 01:01 PM
I guess I'll just be hanging out this month..and then I'll be gone for most of July, to an awesome place south of here and a camp in New York state. Cannot wait.

bob
06-01-2007, 04:53 PM
My neck got burned while working today. :(

eowyn
06-01-2007, 05:16 PM

Are you sure your Christian?! I still have final exams, but do you hear me complainin'?

Huh? Please read: SARCASM

College final exams and projects coupled with the stress and uncertainty of a job offer and no idea where to live for next year or what side of the state I'll be on..or if I'll even BE in school is enough to make me bite anyone's head off who mentions summer..

bob
06-01-2007, 05:36 PM

I've already listed my reasons. :P

1. I have the same skin color as the Pillsbury Doughboy, so imagine what that does to my skin.

2. I sweat easily.

3. I get bored when I have no school.

Ivy
06-02-2007, 09:51 AM
^Don't worry, I hate summer as well. I usually retreat into my room and only come out when it's cloudy.

But other than cowering from the sun like a coward in my house, I'll be working, doing a little bit of school to get ahead (home schooled), and... um... whatever comes to my mind...

Punkchick_002
06-02-2007, 07:07 PM
I plan to do NOTHING! Well....except keep conditioned for athletics....thats about all!!!!!

frymeskillet
06-02-2007, 08:18 PM
My summer will consist of basically nothing.

I am excited to be attending Church Camp again this year. I never took it seriously until last year...I had the best spiritual time of my life, I am a completely different person after last year. So now I am looking at it as Church, and not just Camp. :)

After the summer is over, I am also going to be packing up. My family is moving to Tennessee around the end of the summer or into the early stages of fall. I am excited about that also.

riz
06-04-2007, 01:02 PM
I like it when it's warmer out. So, all that very hot, sit-by-the-pool weather can stay by ME.

I Bite
06-04-2007, 06:58 PM
I want it to be 70-75 degrees everyday here! that would be wonderful.

If all of my job hopefuls fall through, I'll spend my time cooking for 35-40 people at my house, and running about a kijillion miles everyday.

ok...maybe not a kijillion.

more like 5 or 6..

I Bite
06-04-2007, 06:58 PM
ooh, and I plan on going to the beach a lot.
...actually...I'm about to do that right now.

cowillis94
06-04-2007, 08:31 PM
work on drawing better at cartoons.

learn to play electric bass.

watch cartoons.

collect toys.

The Lamma
06-05-2007, 10:59 AM
I've already gotten major sunburns...I hate the major heat...

eowyn
06-06-2007, 02:18 PM
Something new to add..

Preparing for my nursing school... CPR class, more immunizations, criminal background check..etc etc

Preparing for my RA position..contacting my new residents..making decorations...

God is so merciful to me.

The Lamma
06-06-2007, 04:12 PM
Heh, I like adding more stuff... Its possible that I might be able to be an extra in a movie called Passchendaele or something. Its pretty sweet. I'm probably either going to be shooting, shot, or dead. :P Its about a Canadian WWI battle in Europe somewhere...

pidget
06-11-2007, 09:38 AM
I don't have many summer plans, except enjoying my last summer in Arkansas. I plan on spending as much time with friends as possible, 'cause odds are I won't be seeing any of them much after I graduate highschool next year (I'm moving to the other side of the country once I'm out of school). Definitely going to church camp, as this is probably my last year to attend it, and I've been to this camp every year but one since I was three. Me and a few of my good friends are trying to think of some grand master plans to make my last week there the most memorable yet. It could possibly involve creating mayhem on the last night, sabotaging other dorms, or just having a pizza party in my dorm. Depending on how evil I'm feeling lol.
Other than that, I'll probably just be attempting to get my driver's license finally. It's pretty bad, I now have a car to drive, but no license to drive it. And once I get my license, I gotta get a job so I can pay car insurance... fun. Then I think I might be taking a canoe trip with my youth group sometime later this summer, or going to Wild River Country, or some such trip.
And the most important thing I'll be doing is avoiding direct contact with the sun as much as possible. I'm whiter than sour cream, so any prolonged exposure to sunlight almost always results in horrible sunburn, no matter how much sunscreen I slather on my skin.

The Lamma
06-11-2007, 09:51 AM
Your high school has dorms? Is it a boarding school or something?

pidget
06-11-2007, 09:56 AM
No,no, my church camp has dorms. :P

The Lamma
06-11-2007, 09:57 AM
Oh, well you coulda been more clear. :P

pidget
06-11-2007, 10:03 AM
Sure, sure, blame it all on me. ::]

doormonkey
06-13-2007, 06:56 PM
I'm taking summer classes towards my aircraft mechanic certificate, finishing my flight instructor ratings, washing airplanes for money, going to be in 2 friends' weddings, and coming back to school early to start training for my new job as a flight instructor. Busy!