pizza brain
05-31-2007, 01:14 PM
ever had anythign surgically removed? willing to share the story? I just got my apendix taken out...it was fun..like getting hit in the head with a 2x4

eowyn
05-31-2007, 05:28 PM
ooo..excelent.. I love blood/gore stories..I guess that's why its a good thing I like medicine..lol..

I had eight teeth pulled in an afternoon.

timmyrotter
05-31-2007, 05:44 PM
im gonna get my wisdom teeth pulled this summer... im scared, ive never had surgery or gone under, any helpful words in that area?

eowyn
05-31-2007, 05:49 PM
Me?

timmyrotter
05-31-2007, 05:51 PM
^ not an "mine was worse than yours" story, but comforting words by anyone would be nice about surgery in general. im scared, im scared to go under, i dont like pain.

how are you feeling mat?

eowyn
05-31-2007, 05:53 PM
Don't be scared. No pain..some bleeding..some bruising.. I was called some insensative names: Pufferfish was a favorite.. and I watched movies and held peas on my cheeks for three days.

The Lamma
05-31-2007, 06:22 PM
I have some experience there... A while back my bros and I had oral surgery. I was tongue-tied, my bro had his wisdom teeth pulled, and my other bro had both. It hurts like crap, man. You'll look like a chipmunk, no joke. Suggestions? Rent some long, intense game, since you'll be in pain for a long time. Anything to distract you will be good. in fact, we beat Mario Kart at my Grandma's when that happened, lol. Also, do NOT try to stay awake. The more you sleep, the better. No energy drinks, no nothing. They also tell you to eat a lot before the surgery, but DONT. It only expands your stomach and makes hunger worse. All you get is fluid for a few days. If you've done a 30 hr Famine, you'll know what I'm talking about, except it has mouth pain. Anything to distract you at all is best. Oh, and talking won't do much... If you want, I might be able to send you a pic of my awful pain... I was a bit younger, though. Hope that helps!!

pizza brain
05-31-2007, 07:19 PM
^ not an "mine was worse than yours" story, but comforting words by anyone would be nice about surgery in general. im scared, im scared to go under, i dont like pain.

how are you feeling mat?

my expertice doesn't cover this surgery but i will say get morphene if possible unless you find yourself easily addicted to things.

im feeling.. pain and tiredness

john316
06-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Yep...back in 91 I had half of my stomach removed due to internal bleeding. I lost alot of weight and had to eat really small portions for a long time. I still have to watch what i eat and my stomach upsets easily but its better then bleeding to death ;)

pizza brain
06-02-2007, 08:14 PM
woah ddue that's narly! glad you're still here man :)

The Lamma
06-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Wow, thats crazy. Like ^ said, its great that you're still around. Must've been painful, huh?

alienyouth9292
06-03-2007, 08:35 PM
half your stomach??? heck, thats a lot of blood!

I Bite
06-04-2007, 07:01 PM
This guy I know got his wisdom teeth pulled on Friday. Sunday evening he played Chubby Bunny (you know, stuffing the big marshmallows into your mouth until you can't say Chubby Bunny legibly?)
I thought he was crazy. It also looked like he was in pain.

or maybe it was the Spew game that did him in...

JUST_SKILL-IT
06-04-2007, 08:19 PM
Wow, I've never had anything as bad as cutting out part of my stomach. The worst that's ever happened to me is last year I cut an artery in my knee. I had to have part of my knee cut out, and then stithced up. It was really painful.

The Lamma
06-05-2007, 11:02 AM
This guy I know got his wisdom teeth pulled on Friday. Sunday evening he played Chubby Bunny (you know, stuffing the big marshmallows into your mouth until you can't say Chubby Bunny legibly?)
I thought he was crazy. It also looked like he was in pain.

or maybe it was the Spew game that did him in...

Except this version of chubby bunny didn't require marshmallows, right?

Bassplayer
06-06-2007, 09:15 AM
i had most of my toe-nail removed from my left big toe

The Lamma
06-06-2007, 05:10 PM
My bro dropped a weight on his foot once and off came his toe-nail!!

DarkestRose
06-07-2007, 10:45 PM
I had stitches once. In my head.

timmyrotter
06-08-2007, 02:45 PM
i had 5 staples in my head

the rocker
06-08-2007, 07:24 PM
You know what's awesome? numbings. I got my toe numbed once when I had to get a splintered toenail dug out of me foot..but it was awesome. Couldn't feel a thing.

NightCrawler
06-08-2007, 09:19 PM
The more I think about it, the more I realize I cannot think.

Perhaps my brain has been removed without my knowledge. How could I know? Anyone with the proper technology could've removed my brain, put it in a vat with life-sustaining substances and some wires to give my brain stimuli.

Heck, how could I know if I am actually typing this out? I could be a brain in a vat. o_o

Is there nothing to which I can appeal to negate this hypothesis and reduce it to absurdity? There is nothing! Oh, what cruelity has vexed my soul, that I should know nothing of my actual body's present existence apart from what I believe! That I could only know that things seem as if I am not a brain in a vat, as if I am sitting in a computer lab procrastinating far too much and longing to dwell on other subjects of thought!

If only I could stop typing. >_> wait.

:: presses button ::

DON'T GO INTO POINTLESS POSTS, MY BEAUTIFUL BRAIN-REMOVAL LAMENT!

pizza brain
06-08-2007, 09:29 PM
You know what's awesome? numbings. I got my toe numbed once when I had to get a splintered toenail dug out of me foot..but it was awesome. Couldn't feel a thing.

dude that is awesome once I hadmy face numbed when I had some fillings put in I couldn't eat for hours

The more I think about it, the more I realize I cannot think.

Perhaps my brain has been removed without my knowledge. How could I know? Anyone with the proper technology could've removed my brain, put it in a vat with life-sustaining substances and some wires to give my brain stimuli.

Heck, how could I know if I am actually typing this out? I could be a brain in a vat. o_o

Is there nothing to which I can appeal to negate this hypothesis and reduce it to absurdity? There is nothing! Oh, what cruelity has vexed my soul, that I should know nothing of my actual body's present existence apart from what I believe! That I could only know that things seem as if I am not a brain in a vat, as if I am sitting in a computer lab procrastinating far too much and longing to dwell on other subjects of thought!

If only I could stop typing. >_> wait.

:: presses button ::

DON'T GO INTO POINTLESS POSTS, MY BEAUTIFUL BRAIN-REMOVAL LAMENT!

Dude I think we may have the same problem.

any way on the subject of removals Im suprised how fast this apendix thing is healing

the rocker
06-10-2007, 12:06 PM
dude that is awesome once I hadmy face numbed when I had some fillings put in I couldn't eat for hours
ha, awesome.

somasoul
06-10-2007, 03:20 PM
When I was about 12 I had some sort of growth on my toe for a couple days. It kept getting bigger. It got so big I couldn't put a shoe on anymore. In fact, the growth, whatever it was, had spread to the toe touching it. Finally my mother took me to the energency room. We waited for hours. Everyone in the waiting room was staring at this thing; no one knew what it was. A doctor finally saw us. He had no idea what this thing was. He thought it might have been some side affect of poison ivy and the lack of light on my foot made it do something weird. His lack of knowledge of it didn't stop of taking a scaple and without any drugs to numb the pain, it puntured that growth and pus oozed out.

The worst part? I had to wear those stupid water shoes for a week afterward.

The Lamma
06-11-2007, 09:32 AM
Gross...I thought warts were bad enough...

I Bite
06-11-2007, 11:23 AM
my sister had to get her jaw numbed for some type of dental procedure. She came out of the office and said "Stephani, punch me really hard right here"
I thought she was crazy, but she was all, "seriously, do it."
so i did. and she goes "I didn't feel that at all!!!!"
my sister is crazy.

The Lamma
06-11-2007, 12:12 PM
My grandpa complained to the burger joint manager when there was blood in his burger after getting his jaw frozen at the dentist... Removal of chunk of cheek by teeth. Yuck.

NightCrawler
06-11-2007, 12:15 PM
My grandpa complained to the burger joint manager when there was blood in his burger after getting his jaw frozen at the dentist... Removal of chunk of cheek by teeth. Yuck.
:: vomits ::

The Lamma
06-11-2007, 12:18 PM
You're very welcome.

john316
06-17-2007, 05:35 PM
Wow, thats crazy. Like ^ said, its great that you're still around. Must've been painful, huh?

Sorry it took me so long to reply to your question...It wasnt so much as painful as I was so nauseated sick it was unreal. The ulcer wouldnt not stop bleeding so thats why they had to remove the bad area. Now when I broke my heel last fall that was painful.

It was touch and go for awhile as I was in the ICU... my heart actually did stop twice but they were able to bring me back. I guess it just wasnt my time to go.

The Lamma
06-19-2007, 11:36 AM
Wow...Even more amazing and great that you're still around, lol. :)