DarkestRose
05-31-2007, 02:42 PM
My younger sister (who is ten days away from being 13), just found out that one of her good friends is a satanist.

Her friend is a year older than her and neither I nor my sister knew about this until today. Her friend never acted in any way that would lead me to suspect that because she's a little ADHD in temperament, but she was always really nice.

My sister just found out today when the Gideon people were passing out pocket-sized Bibles off school grounds near the cross walk where all the intermediate elementary, middle and high school kids cross. All I was told was that my sister's friend proceeded to burn the Bible she was given and during a portion of their walk diss Christians. My sister got ticked off and walked home without her.

I think my sister and her friend could definitely use prayer. But also, I have no idea what to tell my little sister who is really bummed out about this and probably doesn't know what to do either. Should I tell to not hang around her anymore? Or witness to her? Or what?

skynes
05-31-2007, 03:43 PM
just found out that one of her good friends is a satanist.

Sorry but I smirked a bit at this as I doubt she even knows what a real satanist is. For one, they dont believe in satan.

I think my sister and her friend could definitely use prayer. But also, I have no idea what to tell my little sister who is really bummed out about this and probably doesn't know what to do either. Should I tell to not hang around her anymore? Or witness to her? Or what?

Good chance for a reality check for your sister. Not everyone she meets will be accepting of what she believes, even those close to you may hate it and loathe it.

Praying for her friend is the obvious answer. I wouldn't suggest not hanging around her anymore, not unless her company will become harmful to her.

Laura asks: How do you know she is a satanist? Did she actually say that? Or is it assumed because she burned a Bible?

I personally wouldn't bat an eyelid at this. she's 13, and if she'd ADHD in temperment that makes me think incredibly hyperactive and spontaneous without thinking through. Also being at this age, the whole satanist thing could be more a shock tactic than anything else. I've known kids that age to go into a hardcore gothic satanist phase, just to freak out their parents! Within a year it's back to normal clothes and music and questioning why the hell they EVER wore that horrid black dress!?

DarkestRose
05-31-2007, 03:49 PM
Well, she's not goth or punk or any other scene that stereotypically identifies with it. She's more of a laid-back athletic type, not preppy but "normal."

My little sister says that her friend claimed to be a satanist. It's hard to tell exactly because I only have her word. I don't know if it is just a shock value thing and my little sister can't really tell because she just found out about this today.

Edit: But apparently my little sister is mad at her and she doesn't want to talk about her friend anymore. It also sounds like her friend is ticked off at my sister.

The Lamma
05-31-2007, 06:27 PM
Whats your sister's position? Like, whats her personal stance? I don't know how I trying to say it...Lol

DarkestRose
05-31-2007, 06:47 PM
She's a Christian, if that is what you are asking.

Right now she is mad at her friend. However, she's an ESTP and focuses on the present-day, short-term scenario. So I don't know if she is planning to be her friend or not anymore. All I know is what she told me but because she is still really mad at her friend, she doesn't want to talk about the situation.

The Lamma
05-31-2007, 06:54 PM
Ok, thats what I was asking. I really don't know what to tell you...

skynes
06-01-2007, 02:58 AM
My little sister says that her friend claimed to be a satanist. It's hard to tell exactly because I only have her word. I don't know if it is just a shock value thing and my little sister can't really tell because she just found out about this today.

Put it this way, I know Satanists. REAL Satanists. They will not even be in the same ROOM as a Christian, never mind being friends with one.

If they were annoyed at each other, then a friend pulling the satanist stunt knowing the other is a Christian sounds like a tactic to me.

DarkestRose
06-01-2007, 03:04 AM
Well, they got mad at each because of this incident, not before. As far as I know, they were really good friends before this incident.

I mentioned to you that I had that Christian book about the occult and I was going to loan it to my little sister, but I'm not sure if her friend really is a satanist. One of my sister's friends involved in the same incident is an atheist (apparently, it was the two of them together who decided to burn the Bible) and I'm wondering if maybe what they have in common is an aversion to Christianity, not an interest in the occult.

DarkestRose
06-01-2007, 02:39 PM
Skynes is right that she apparently knows nothing about satanism because she believes that satan exists and is all, "I'm gonna go to hell..." which sounds like uninformed adolescent rebellion against organized religion.

alienyouth9292
06-01-2007, 06:29 PM
i know that this sounds random, but i am holding one of those red mini-bibles in my hand right now....did the girl burn it in front of your sister?

DarkestRose
06-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Either they did when she was there, or she left as they were doing it. I don't quite know which.

earthfiregurl
06-02-2007, 04:59 PM
My younger sister just found out that one of her good friends is a satanist.

That's really sad! How come she didn't know about it before?!

DarkestRose
06-02-2007, 05:33 PM
It was just something that was never brought up. Chances are they just talked about school, friends and everyday stuff.