DarkestRose
06-01-2007, 12:12 AM
I don't know how many people remember the movie Saved! back three or so years ago. It caused some controversy among a few Christian circles, so it's a little well-noted for that. But anyway, it sounds like people are making a musical (http://broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=18058) of it. Further looking into the site says that it's set for Spring of 2008. Does that seem really random to anyone else? I found it quite an inconsequential movie and wasn't under the impression that it did that well. So I'm a bit surprised that it was considered for stage adaption.

bob
06-01-2007, 08:31 AM
Heh, musicals. Yeah, I don't remember that movie being successful at the box office. Oh well . . . maybe they just want an unsuccessful musical.

NightCrawler
06-01-2007, 11:43 AM
I thought its only success was in making cynics laugh and Christians ashamed.

DarkestRose
06-01-2007, 12:28 PM
Heh, musicals. Yeah, I don't remember that movie being successful at the box office. Oh well . . . maybe they just want an unsuccessful musical.

Maybe if they got Mandy Moore is sing in it the play might do half-way well. I thought the movie was rather preachy and cheesy. Taking it up to the level where characters sing about their teen angst and religious confusion sounds rather dorky.

*shrug* They made Legally Blonde into a musical too.

bob
06-01-2007, 04:55 PM
*shrug* They made Legally Blonde into a musical too.

Oh for shame! :p

frymeskillet
06-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Legally blonde? eh heh...

Anyways, I never had the desire to see the movie (Saved!)....much less any kind of musical about it.

I actually like musicals, ones placed in the 50's especially. :P

DarkestRose
06-02-2007, 09:23 PM
I always find out about the stupid musicals. :P