JUST_SKILL-IT
06-03-2007, 07:55 PM
What's your most embarassing moment?

I Bite
06-04-2007, 07:07 PM
oh. my. word.
You really don't want to get me started.
But...my most recent one was on Friday. My brother and his friend ended up going to the same movie at the same time as me and my friends.
Well. I was teasing his friend about going to the same movie (they're 11), and how I would be sure to sit by him just in case I got scared.
So at dinner I was partially listening to his conversation with my aunt, and all of a sudden he goes, "yah, and Seth is going too!" I automatically assumed they were talking about the movie, and I say, "Yah, I'm going too!"
My aunt got this really confused look on her face and said "you are?"
I was like, "yah, well not with him, but we'll be at the same place, and if I get scared, I'm gonna hold his hand!"
And she goes, "WHAT?!? This doesn't make sense. You're going to Solid Rock Bible Camp?"
OH MY WORD.
So friggin embarrassing. So many people were listening...I felt like the biggest idiot in the world...
Yah. I'm getting embarrassed just thinking about it.

the rocker
06-05-2007, 08:27 AM
ha..well, that's not THAt bad. I'm, not as bad as this, for example.
Okay, my half of my youth group went to New Orleans for hurricane relief for Spring Break this year. For lunch one day we were waiting to go get our food, and Dan said that after we prayed the freshmen would get first dibs. It's not cool being a freshmen, everybody knows that, but sometimes you gottma make the best out of it, ya know?
Well somehow I missed the 'after we pray' part, so I just stood up in front of everyone - almost 40 ppl - officialy declaring myself as the idiot freshmen who can't hear right. so..yeah, let's just say I'm glad that the summer is rolling around.

The Lamma
06-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Once at a conference after supper I went to the bathroom. Nothing special there. But when I came out they were server ice cream and I was like "OOOH!! ICE CREAM!!" and went into line. After I go back to my table, where my youth group was sitting, I find that none of them have any ice cream because it wasn't our turn yet!! I felt like an idiot... Lol.

frymeskillet
06-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Haha, well one of my most embarrassing moments was when I was at the easily-influenced age of 13, in the eighth grade. I had had a huge crush on this guy in my grade for a long time. All of the eighth grade was at P.E. one day (we weren't a very big class) and the girls were playing kickball on the infield of one of the baseball fields, the guys were playing tag football on the same field, but in the outfield. Well I hadn't dressed out completely and had on those backless tennis shoes that used to be so popular. I went up to kick the ball and after I did I started running to first base with my shoes barely hanging on my feet. Another girl was chasing me with the ball trying to tag me out and she reached me about the time I was stepping into a slight indent in the dirt. She shoved the ball into my back and my shoe caught in the hole, my foot twisted sideways and came out of the shoe, and I face planted right at first base.
Bad enough to a insecure barely teenager, but to top it off all of the girls made a big commotion that caused all of the guys to stop their game completely and turn and stare. Most were laughing and pointing, but others were making sure I was okay.

I laugh about it now because I can still feel the embarrassment it caused me...I hate that insecure and superficial girl I used to be. If that were to happen now, I think I would be laughing myself and making jokes with everyone else. It was only around five years ago, but people change I guess.

The Lamma
06-06-2007, 05:07 PM
I was expecting it to be about the guy you had a crush on...Lol.

Quadripedman
06-06-2007, 08:15 PM
yea, me too lol..

i would have to say (one of) my more embarassing moments, was when i was in spain (a city by the name of benidorm) last year for the 2006 wka world karate championships. the hotel we were at was within walking distance to the beach, so one night (it was dark) we went down to the beach, and i was behind everybody, so i made a big show of running really, really fast towards the water (there probally seven-ish kids, most teenagers, plus about eight or nine parents), throwing my shirt into the sand and running into the water. well, as luck would have it, a wave was comeing in at the exact time that i ran into the water, so of corse, i tripped on the wave, and faceplanted into the water. im now known as the guy that trips over everything lol.

to make a way too long story short: i tripped on water.::]

JUST_SKILL-IT
06-07-2007, 01:57 PM
Lol, those are funny!

One time my P.E. coach photo-shopped my school picture, and made me look like an idiot. Then she made copies and hung them EVERYWHERE. I even found some in the bathrooms. It was so embarassing!

The Lamma
06-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Why'd she pick on you only?

JUST_SKILL-IT
06-07-2007, 02:40 PM
She wasn't really picking on me. All year long we would play pranks on each other. Like one time I saran-wrapped her car. So, it was just a joke, but it was still really embarassing.

bob
06-07-2007, 09:45 PM
At my work there's only one other kid I work with. I was inside the barn doing some work when a guy that was helping my boss out that day with some house work walked into the barn. I thought it was the kid, so I immediately turned around and kicked at his chest. Yeah, I was embaressed. :)

The Lamma
06-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Oooh...I can imagine his first impression...

pidget
06-10-2007, 10:42 AM
My absolute most embarassing moment had to be the time I came down with stomach flu while at work. They were short-handed that day, so they couldn't send me home even when my stomach was cramping up so bad I could barely function. If you've ever had this kind of stomach flu, you know first comes cramps, then the contents of your stomach come back to haunt you, very violently. So a customer was walking up to the counter (I was the cashier) just as I dry-retched, and I knew it was only a matter of seconds before I puked all over him, so I took off running for the bathroom. Didn't care to much about the dirty look he gave me for just taking off without saying a word to him, but I think he would've been even more ticked if I had puked on him. Anyway, I was running with my hand clamped over my mouth, praying I would make it to the bathroom before I started blowing chunks.
I didn't.
Right there in front of a bunch of customers, I barfed into my hand, and the sick got all over my face and dribbled down my front onto the floor. I didn't even have time to stop because I could feel myself getting ready to puke again. Fortunately I made it to the toilet before I did again, but I left a nice trail of vomit so my co-workers knew exactly where I was.
As if it isn't bad enough having a violent bout of puking in a public restroom, I had been too focused on not being sick on the floor again to shut the stall door behind me, so a lady walked in on me hunched over a toilet full of half-digested yuckiness. Did I mention I was working at McDonalds? There were probably quite a few lost appetites that day.
To top it all off, after I finally stopped spewing out my guts, I had to wait for my mom to come pick me up. So I had to sit around for about half an hour, with puke all over me and smelling like... well, you get the picture.

I Bite
06-10-2007, 04:45 PM
oh dang. thats seriously had to suck.

OOH! i have a puke story!

I was at my friends house and I hadn't felt good all day, but I thought it was just cramps or something.
It wasn't. All of a sudden I just felt it. You know that split second where you just know you gotta puke and you'd better get to a toilet fast? Thats what it was.
So i jumped up from the couch and ran towards their bathroom. Made it to the bathroom. Didn't make it to the toilet.
when i finally made it to the toilet the puke had already gotten over the floor, and i didn't want to kneel down in it, so I stood up over the toilet. That was not a good idea. It went everywhere. Seriously disgusting.
Finally I was done puking, and Surprise Surprise! I felt great! Then I looked around the bathroom. it had gotten in the sink, behind the toilet, in the shower....everywhere.
What was the most embarassing part of it was that my friend totally helped me clean it up.
I guess that shows who your true friends are, the ones that help you clean up after you puke.

yah...they teased me about that for a while...and sometimes they still do. :D

The Lamma
06-11-2007, 09:28 AM
Wow...Sick... Sarah, did you learn that day that Mcy-D's is bad for you? :P And speaking of cleaning up other people's stuff, once when my cousin was here I was doing the laundry and he helped me, and he even put my dirty underwear in, though he didn't like it...I had to tell him that I could do that part, lol.

pidget
06-11-2007, 09:42 AM
Trust me, I learned long before that that the Golden Arches are hazardous to your health. I mean, I saw how they make the food in the back.
It wasn't really technically McD's that made me sick, either, though I'm sure it didn't help. I actually caught that from my sister, who caught it at her work. She works at our local library, too lol.

The Lamma
06-11-2007, 09:49 AM
Ok, lol. What embarrasses me a lot is when the girls, you know, do their flirty stuff...Tomatoes galore!!

BTW, Y2K killed me.

pidget
06-11-2007, 10:01 AM
What embarassed me a whole lot was when 30-year-old men and older used to flirt with me while I was working at McD's. I think they thought I was older than I am, 'cause I worked early in the day. Everybody just figured I was in my early 20's. I'm 17. Seventeen! And here are these grown men (some of them were even old enough to be my dad) flirting with me! :-X

Quadripedman
06-12-2007, 01:53 PM
thats messed up...:-X

bob
06-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Everybody just figured I was in my early 20's. I'm 17. Seventeen!

At least you don't have people thinking you're 40 like I have in the past. :P

The Lamma
06-12-2007, 07:58 PM
I've been mistaken for being 2 or 3 years older than I am.

dynamic099
06-12-2007, 08:02 PM
I get children's menus for ages 10 and younger sometimes. I'm 14.

The Lamma
06-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Wow. You must be short or something. Tell us your height in the 'How Tall are you?' thread. ;D

Quadripedman
06-13-2007, 01:44 PM
lol. im thirteen (soon to be fourteen) and someone though that i was like 15 or 16 once.

zjf
06-14-2007, 08:48 AM
When I was 16 I did a work program to avoid having to do any phys-ed, so I worked at a restaurant for a year. When I first got there I was asked by a few of the wait staff to go have a b33r with them at the bowling alley.

Of course I politely declined and explained my true age. :-P

----

Not really embarassing, but still annoying in a "go cubicles!" kind of way:

Me: "Can I have you look for the serial number on the bottom of the modem?"
Customer: "...I can't find it."
Me: (annoyed after 20 minutes of arguing with the lady) *mutes mic* "WOULD YOU OPEN YOUR EYES AND LOOK?!?"
*cue 2 sets of giggles from across the cubicle walls*

The Lamma
06-14-2007, 09:05 AM
Good 'ol customers calling customer support...Lol.

Quadripedman
06-14-2007, 10:29 AM
man, i wouldnt have the patience for that kind of stuff...ill probally end up yelling at them after like five minutes lol

The Lamma
06-14-2007, 11:31 AM
A guy I knew actually talked a customer support person through his problem when he called for help. :P Though I'm sure you're better than that, zjf. lol

I Bite
06-14-2007, 12:41 PM
lol. im thirteen (soon to be fourteen) and someone though that i was like 15 or 16 once.

I'm 15 and people usually think I'm 18 or 19...:D

zjf
06-14-2007, 02:28 PM
but of course. I only call customer support to weasel a replacement out of the company's warranty.

as~i~lay~dying
06-15-2007, 09:49 PM
Last summer I worked for Princess Tours. I was at a desk in a hotel that night and some local people had rented one of the big rooms for a wedding reception, it was kinda slow and these two guys came and started talking to me, which they did periodically between dances. When they left one of them asked me for my number. I said "how about you give me yours?" SO he did and I called him and we hung out a few times and he started acting weird. Thats when I found out he was getting my number for his friend ... he wasnt even interested in me!

Quadripedman
06-17-2007, 06:43 PM
lol, nice. bet that made you feel really good lol ;D

JUST_SKILL-IT
06-27-2007, 02:40 PM
One time I was in Colorado for a soccer tournament and I went to the mall with my family after the game. Since it was right after our game I didn't have time to change out of my cleats. As I was walking around a cop comes over to me and tells me that I have to take off my cleats because they will ruin the tile floor. So I had to walk around the mall bare foot and everyone was staring. It was really embarassing.

The Lamma
06-27-2007, 02:55 PM
Well, at least it was only shoes. I walked around town in my costume today. Everyone looks at you funny then.

Quadripedman
06-28-2007, 02:48 PM
One time I was in Colorado for a soccer tournament and I went to the mall with my family after the game. Since it was right after our game I didn't have time to change out of my cleats. As I was walking around a cop comes over to me and tells me that I have to take off my cleats because they will ruin the tile floor. So I had to walk around the mall bare foot and everyone was staring. It was really embarassing.

just a question, but how much more different are cleats from like high-heeled shoes? or regular shoes for that matter? (yes, i know what cleats are...) theyre all made of the same stuff..

zjf
06-29-2007, 07:57 AM
cleats usually have metal spikes, whereas high heels don't? I can see cleats damaging floors, especially when a kid that has more energy than the entire new york city power grid is wearing them. Some cleats are rubber, which isn't a problem, but most decent pairs are metal. I used to wear them when I played baseball as a kid.

I had similar happen to me when I camped out for the Nintendo Wii preorder. I brought a folding chair so I didn't have to sit on the cold tile floor in the mall, which I got to use for about an hour, until security came by and told me and the other 2 people with folding chairs to put them away because they could damage the floor. At least the other line waiters weren't selfish to the point that we held each other's places as we took turns to take the chairs back to our cars.

JUST_SKILL-IT
06-29-2007, 09:30 AM
just a question, but how much more different are cleats from like high-heeled shoes? or regular shoes for that matter? (yes, i know what cleats are...) theyre all made of the same stuff..

I don't know, my cleats were rubber or something. But they wearn't metal. So, I'm sure everyone elses shoes could have done just as much damage. I'm not sure why the cop made me take them off, I wasn't like running around or anything. I was in line at the food court.

Tromos
06-29-2007, 09:32 AM
For the record, metal cleats are illegal in soccer. At all levels.

zjf
06-29-2007, 09:44 AM
I wouldn't know since I never played soccer. I can't these days even if I wanted to anyways. :-P

Tromos
06-29-2007, 09:50 AM
You and me both, my friend. All I can do is coach.

What's that saying? "Those who can, do. Those who can't teach"

The only sport left I can keep up with is golf. And speaking of embarrassing, that 110 I shot recently made me want to crawl under a rock :(

zjf
06-29-2007, 10:29 AM
True, but I have no interest in most sports these days. The only sport I'm really interested in is skiing, which I'm also technically not supposed to do, but will on occasion.

I'm more the "sit in my room and avoid people" type these days.