skillet.com
06-07-2007, 08:50 AM
Hey friends, this is John here giving you a "what's up?" from the road! First off, let me say, "thanks" to all of you who are helping support us on radio and on the road! Your suppo...

More... (http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=12268788&blogID=273474693)

timmyrotter
06-07-2007, 09:01 AM
BAM! take that doubters, honestly it doesnt matter to me, even if it isnt that wholesome, some people need to get over thier self righteous selves...

bob
06-07-2007, 12:33 PM
Yeah, pretty much hit it on the head. :)

DarkestRose
06-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Well, it only touched a little on my question, which was how much of the movie the band actually knew about. I didn't have a problem with the movie, just the concept of jumping in to promote something without full knowledge of what it is that one is promoting. It sounds like since they were approached to promote the movie by a Christian company, they felt safe in promoting it.

And Timmy, I don't think it's called for to call anybody self-righteous. Some people had conscience issues with the film and needed that to be addressed and assuaged, not ridiculed.

I was actually a little ticked off by the tone that John was taking towards the end. I feel like he went from answering the concerns to labeling everyone who did feel the movie was mocking as "narrow-minded."

Because I had questions (stated in first paragraphs) and other people had problems with the movie itself (which I did not). We're all still adamant Panheads, some of the same people thanked for voting and promoting the band in the opening sentence. And I dislike how it became an onslaught on the faith of people, implying that the people who had negative comments were narrow-minded and no more.

Most of people here are Christians. And if we had a concern about something in regards to how it meshed with our faith, we would want others to be sensitive to it and meet our concern, not to call us "graceless" and pelt us with the same judgment that was was being scorned in the first place.

I appreciated that John posted to list of who was involved and how they came to be. That was my only question in the first place. I think the Veggie Tales argument was rather pointless though, as the critical remarks I've heard are not about the portrayal of the Noah story but of the movie's dealings with God. Veggie Tales, to my knowledge, has never portrayed God. He is a voice whenever He has to be portrayed.

I am sure that people with the negative comments were just trying to live within their own conscience and support what they feel is in congruency with it. I think his ending line about grace was less about promoting grace (among those that supported the movie no question, that is) and more about manipulation.

BondageDuck
06-07-2007, 01:52 PM
I'm glad John posted this. I never saw a problem with Bruce Almighty, & I will definitely be seeing Evan Almighty. I don't think Skillet or any of those other Christian organizations would be supporting it if it were a "mockery."

unshakeable15
06-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Jennifer, i think John's point was mainly that the band had not seen the film to be able to say "This is a movie every Christian can see", just as the "protestors" had not seen the movie to say "This is a movie that is making fun of God Almighty." Very few people have actually seen it.

From what i understood of what John wrote, since they were confronted by a Christian organization and other, solid, Christian organizations had already backed this enterprise, they felt it would be a good opportunity to do good (and get the Skillet name out there).

This isn't so much about promoting a movie (which it is, obviously), but about taking the bare-bones message of the movie (doing what's right even when people think you're insane) and applying it.

DarkestRose
06-07-2007, 02:13 PM
And I agree with the part, you've described, Mike. I think you were the one who posted something similar on the Evan Almighty thread and I was fine with that, questions satisfied.

What I had problems with was the tone that John had where anybody who did disagree the movie was painted as one of those ever-hated judgmental, narrow-minded Christians. Here and on their Myspace, an onslaught of "people can be so judgmental" comments was spun which I think is deeply insensitive to people who are not trying to be judgemental but rather have real concerns.

I feel that John should have just addressed the concerns without going on about "Christians who are unwilling to show grace" which was blatant manipulation on his part.

timmyrotter
06-07-2007, 02:50 PM
that is the point, people havent seen the film, and many have judged it.

DarkestRose
06-07-2007, 04:36 PM
1. I do agree that, because the movie is not released, no one can say it is either a good nor bad movie.

2. I don't have a problem with Skillet promoting the movie through the Christian organizations. I think it's cool that their using the movie to promote Christian ideals.

3. I don't think it's fair to call dissenters self-righteous when they are just bringing up their concern. I dislike how this aspect of the situation was handled.

timmyrotter
06-07-2007, 04:48 PM
i have just heard it so many times, anytime a band like Skillet plays a secular venue, or tours with a secular band for the first time. or they get signed by a secular label, or they dont pray at a concert. then they get these certain, usually young or arrogant self-righteous Christians attacking what they are doing, automatically judging the situation. i mean come on, christian people get jobs run by non-christians, does that make them guilty of sin? the analogy can be applied to almost any everyday activity. personally i think it is so hard for a band like Skillet, on one end they are trying to make a living, and reach as many as possible, then they have a fanbase of young christians constantly breathing down their neck about everything, they slip up once in public, or someone even views something in a way that would seem to be a slip up, and in a second half their fans are complaining. Me, ive watched the band for years, met them several times. i know where they stand, i dont trust their discernment.
now in light of what i just said, look at what this thread was created for... see what i mean.

i mean no disrespect Jennifer, i was not addressing you as Self-righteous.

DarkestRose
06-07-2007, 04:58 PM
When Skillet switched to the mainstream market, I too was fed up of all the "Skillet sold out" comments. Back then, I was feeling that people with those opinions were simply being self-righteous. But of late I have been gaining a different perspective. I feel that these are moments when it is most important to educate and not condemn. I think most of the people who criticize are still reasonable people who would gain understanding if we explained Skillet’s position and reasoning to them instead of writing them off as pharisaic. When Nicodemus talked to Jesus, Jesus explained things to him. I think if anybody is going to beseech a non-judgmental and grace-giving attitude, they should reciprocate it.

PlayAtari2600
06-08-2007, 09:32 AM
I am "supporting" this film, and by that I mean I'm going to go see it and if it's good I'll tell my friends, and I was glad to see John release a statement saying that they're going to support it because they were approached by a respectable company, etc.

HOWEVER, I can understand where this would be found a little blunt and even offensive, especially toward the end where he starts saying that judging mainstream Hollywood is the same as judging Veggietales. I appreciate him trying to address how Christians need to open their minds, but it would be better ir he had perhaps shortened his ideas.

bob
06-09-2007, 11:46 AM
Everyone is human. I'm sure John has been frustrated by what people have been saying and I guess he was venting a little. *shrugs* It's not like he's yelling "screw you!" at the top of his lungs.

DarkestRose
06-09-2007, 03:08 PM
I can see that John was probably hurt by people who accused the band of supporting something that was a mockery to Christianity. After the “Skillet sold out” fiasco, he was probably tired of hearing any more negative feedback toward the band. I can see why John would want to defend himself and explain the band’s position.

However, can you imagine being one of those fans who—for whatever reason—didn’t agree with the movie promotion? Regardless of the veracity of their position (which I myself don’t agree with) it would be horrible, devastating and humiliating to have John Cooper start going off on them for being Christians who are “unwilling to show grace.” To have someone one looks up to tell them off in any manner is appalling. I think John was doing a fine job of explaining the movie before he jumped all over those who had a different opinion than he did.

Now any Skillet fan who didn't like what the band was doing is being compared to a Pharisee on Myspace by people who don't know the first thing about the faith of the dissenters but want to support John Cooper. And they are not Pharisees. Christians accuse everyone of being a Pharisee if that person has views more conservative than what they have. It's a sneaky way of saying, "Jesus would've hated you" and putting their faith on trial.

I am furious that John Cooper instigated that against his fans.

skynes
06-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Darkest Rose, I understand your position. That message did nothing to ease anyone's concerns (for those who were genuinely concerned that is, cause I know some people are just being paranoidly obnoxious about it.)

One thing I would like to add is that having 30-40 Christian groups supporting a film does not authenticate it. The movie will stand or fall on its OWN merits, not the merits and faith of others. So I think that to refer to all the Christian groups that support the film as evidence of the films goodness is a poor approach. Majority opinion does not dictate truth, whether it is Christian opinion or not.

In saying this though, if I were in John's position and I had weeks of messages of complaining and whining, knowing full well some would be blatantly demonic in attitude. I would not have handled the situation as well as John did. He publically gave his reasoning and did it in much more grace filled attitude than I'm sure anyone posting or reading this could have.

If any of us were to write a post now, we could do it well. But if you added the weeks of preparation, excitement and passion over this venture then get bombarded with stressful and offensive messages, you'd find making a polite and grace filled post much much harder, if not impossible.

I personally would not have posted anything, because I could never have written it nicely.

---

On the topic of the movie, I loved the first, it's one of my favourite movies and I look very much toward the second.

DarkestRose
06-09-2007, 04:48 PM
I really can understand John's frustration. I've been feeling frustrated with him since the cross-over. Just because he could have had a worse attitude, doesn't mean that the way he handled concerned fans was admirable at all.

This brought out the worst in people. It didn't move people into a sense of grace toward people. It moved people to be condemn and judge those that disagreed with the band, which was hypocritical since the a point of the Evan Almighty thing was to promote "random acts of kindness". We should not be appealed to hate on other Panheads in order to be good Panheads. As it is, we have people talking about how they [dissenters] are just pious people who don't care about bringing Christ to the world, blah, blah, blah.

Not every dissenter is the same. Some probably did have condemning attitudes and those people should have held their comments as well. But I'm sure many were not condemning, but simply disapproving and/or concerned. They probably would have gotten over the movie promotion and loved the band as though it had never happened. I don't think they should have been lumped together because they're getting insulted just as if they had been some of the more radical, condemning dissenters.

I would have preferred if John had just said nothing or stopped after the plot explaination (as he was very grace-filled up to that point) rather than having John pull a smear campaign against fans.

skynes
06-09-2007, 04:56 PM
But then if John had said nothing, people would've complained that Skillet don't care for their fans concerns.

DarkestRose
06-09-2007, 05:00 PM
By the time he posted, Mike had already posted that they were more working for a Christian company than the movie. Most concerns had been addressed and we were moving on.

John seemed to post more to vindicate himself than ease concerns. As it is, many people who had concerns still have them. So he might as well have just said nothing.

If he honestly felt that he couldn't help but vent his offense, why not have Korey do it? She's answered fan mail before during the cross-over when John felt he couldn't be nice enough in response.

My main issues with what John did is that 1) he dissed Christian fans on the band's Myspace blog, 2) inspired four pages of comments talking about these people as though they are the scourge our faith and 3) I doubt he cares that people are called Pharisees or whatever else as a result of him dissing them on his Myspace.

Even though most of these people probably came to concerns out of a reverence for God and a care for how He is portrayed, not a sense of being better than anybody. But they're gonna get ignored because most people want to be thought of as open-minded instead of being thought of as Pharisees that Jesus probably would have hated.

Q MGR
06-11-2007, 06:46 PM
All-- I apologize I haven't checked this thread sooner. Pls know that John in no way was trying to come down on anyone specifically.

He was merely trying to give some insight on how the band came to the decision to support the film. We received messages that were just short of hate email which was very surprising to Skillet as a whole. They understood that people might not agree but the extent to which ppl went out of their way to show their displeasure was unthinkable.

They wanted everyone to know that they did not take it lightly and that they made their decision in part by the ministries that were already supporting it and what they had been given on the movie.

They also wanted ppl to think about the fact that they were sending messages to Skillet based on a movie that they had not even seen yet and the messages weren't we disagree with your decision but love you as a band. They were more messages like, "we will never support you again", "I'm burning all your cds", "you've become like the unsaved" etc. He basically was saying that as Christians we should have more grace for one another than to send those types of messages and make those kinds of comments. He wasnt in anyway trying to be mean spirited. If you've been around the band they are some of the nicest ppl you'd ever meet and they give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

I'm happy to expound further if anyone would like. Feel free to send me priviate messages if you dont want them to be seen here. I'll try to get to them as quickly as possilbe.

All the best--

Mgmt

DarkestRose
06-11-2007, 06:57 PM
And I definitely do not think that messages, as what was mentioned, above should not be tolerant. Those are creepy and uncalled for. I can understand more where John and the band is coming from with that information. Scottie (Skynes) had pointed out that possibility beforehand, which until then, I admit I had not thought of it. My understanding was that John was criticizing people who had criticized them for supporting the movie, and I had anticipated disapproving but non-creepy comments. Being that I misunderstood firstly what these comments were and secondly John’s intentions, but having a whole picture now, I would like to apologize to him.

The Lamma
06-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Wow, that is serious! I never knew people were that hard up about it. To criticize a movie that you have never seen, much less anyone has seen, is like criticizing...Um...What the moon looks like on the actual surface when you're on it? Lol

timmyrotter
06-11-2007, 07:07 PM
hate to say it... but i told you so, i know how poeple react to things like this. that is who i was reffering to, not to poeple like Jennifer.

DarkestRose
06-11-2007, 07:07 PM
So all those messages were about the movie promotion?

My youth group has a poster for the movie and may see it, so that's rather surprising to me that people would be so condemning toward the movie.

DarkestRose
06-11-2007, 07:11 PM
hate to say it... but i told you so, i know how poeple react to things like this. that is who i was reffering to, not to poeple like Jennifer.

I'm going the same excuse that I had when Saved! came out and I couldn't relate: I only know people like this in theory. I "knew" one girl that didn't like goths from a Bible camp that I attended, but that's it. I've been a Christian since I was six, attended at least four churchs (my family moved a lot) and never met anybody like this (except maybe that one girl from camp).

timmyrotter
06-11-2007, 07:14 PM
ive seen so many! im constantly around people, lots of poeple.

bob
06-11-2007, 07:18 PM
At my last Church meeting a member got into a shouting match with our Pastor because the Praise Team (which I play bass in) played songs that weren't worthy to be in a Church because they were vain and repititious.

A member in my Church broke the Christian metal band that I used to be in apart due to the fact that our singer screamed and sounded demon posessed.

A Church member complained at our Praise Team drummer because he wore shorts one Sunday.

I wear a suit every Sunday to Church because you're not allowed to go to a Church service in jeans according to my Mother.

I've seen plenty of them. :P

DarkestRose
06-11-2007, 07:22 PM
^Never met anybody like that either. I don't doubt anybody's experience. I've always trusted in theory that they exist. But pretty much all the Christians I've met have been very, very nice, genuine people. My sister dresses kinda gothic and at least two of the church ladies always compliment her outfits.

bob
06-11-2007, 07:27 PM
I'm moving to where you live then.

timmyrotter
06-11-2007, 08:16 PM
^Never met anybody like that either. I don't doubt anybody's experience. I've always trusted in theory that they exist. But pretty much all the Christians I've met have been very, very nice, genuine people. My sister dresses kinda gothic and at least two of the church ladies always compliment her outfits.

wow, you are either making this up (j/k) or you live in a sheltered area. the rest of the world is not like that, i promise!

i dyed my hair black last fall, and went to my old church just to get a reaction...

DarkestRose
06-11-2007, 08:26 PM
It's a small town (9,125 people), but our church probably has people from two other places.

Geneva
06-11-2007, 08:27 PM
I saw a sweet kid at my church a couple sundays ago. Great hair. It was dyed black and red and spikey. Plus he had the coolest snake bites ever. :)

I don't think the older people were quite as impressed...

BondageDuck
06-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Wow, this has gotten so out of hand!! I understand where people would be concerned or curious as to why the band made the decision to support the movie, but people actually saying they'll never support Skillet again is outrageous! I think it will be great exposure for their music, & I'm sure they thought it a wise career choice. I can't believe people actually overreacted like that, sending Skillet crazy hate mail. Wow.

timmyrotter
06-11-2007, 09:28 PM
this doesnt sound outrageous at all! why do you think i reacted like i did...

DarkestRose
06-11-2007, 09:42 PM
Well, I was surprised at the extremity of the emails as well. The thought hadn't crossed my mind.

bob
06-11-2007, 09:46 PM
Well, if someone feels that they shouldn't support Skillet for a reason that lame it's probably better to not have them around. :P

DarkestRose
06-11-2007, 10:51 PM
Maybe they'll change their mind later and have to re-buy all the CDs they burned, which will increase Skillet record sales.

NightCrawler
06-12-2007, 07:21 AM
The only thing I found sacreligious was personifying God in a human body. I have seen neither movies yet, but meh.

Regardless, para-church organizations are messy and if a movie flops that a band or christian organizations support, then they will be 'guilty' by association -- especially if there is ANY controversy. The effects won't last long though.

skynes
06-12-2007, 07:53 AM
I'm moving to where you live then.

Ditto. I want to move to Jenn's secret garden... I constantly encounter the wrong kind of Christian.

---

Q MGR, thank you for the reply. It's good to know what happened behind the scenes.

The Lamma
06-12-2007, 11:50 AM
My church isn't like that, as far as I can tell. It almost has 1,000 people, but none of them say anything like Bob and Timmy were talking about. ...Unless you call mom's complaining about the pastors giving the kids free candy every Sunday... But if you look into the Stone and Campbell Restoration movement, there has controversies from things like 'you can only play piano in church, because nothing else is Biblical', to 'donuts aren't Biblical. They can't be in church,' and to other crazy things!! (the restoration movement was headed up by Stone and Campbell, and they wanted to keep the Bible as the only law, and not add anything else, unlike most denominations.)

timmyrotter
06-12-2007, 09:36 PM
maybe you guys just dont see it cause you are on the inside, once you have seen the church from another angle, its a whole different world.

i grew up in the church, my parents were super involved, and went on to become children's pastors and then associate pastors. i was constantly around the politics of it all, getting a behind the scenes view of it all, and experiencing all kinds of people. there were arguments where they shouldnt be, people back stabbed by elders, there was a pastors wife being unfaithful... it was all ugly, maybe the true secret garden (not just pertaining to Jennifer) is not knowing the truth...

DarkestRose
06-12-2007, 09:40 PM
Elaborate on that?

timmyrotter
06-12-2007, 09:44 PM
not knowing is better, so that people dont have to experience what i have. its like innocence being ruined, like when your parent first talks about the birds and the bees... its not the pretty stork anymore.

bob
06-12-2007, 09:50 PM
That's why all the crap tries to be kept within the Deacons / Elder's meetings. I know there's a lot of stuff that goes on at the Church I attend that I don't know about. I'm glad that I don't. :P Being a Pastor is a tough job.

skynes
06-13-2007, 12:06 AM
I don't think the church should be hiding any flaws. I don't think anything (except confidential personal stuff) should be kept to Elder's meetings.

What is the purpose of Deacons and Elders? To wait tables. No seriously. Peter appointed Deacons in the church to wait the tables, so that the Apostles could preach the Gospel.

So today Deacons/Elders are not for running the church and being leaders. They are the lowest in the church and are to lay out the chairs, clean up the mess, set up equipment etc.

Furthermore how can a church pray for the church if they don't know of the problem to pray for? How can they support and encourage one another if they're blind to the problems?

maybe you guys just dont see it cause you are on the inside, once you have seen the church from another angle, its a whole different world.

I wasn't raised in the church, so I see another angle.

not knowing is better, so that people dont have to experience what i have. its like innocence being ruined

Ignorance is bliss. So plug yourself back into the Matrix.

The Lamma
06-13-2007, 12:11 PM
My dad is an elder, and I haven't seen any of that stuff.

timmyrotter
06-13-2007, 01:33 PM
well im done arguing its there, obviously you arent as inside, so to speak, as i was. this stuff happens... its there, these people are humans, not gods. anyone who thinks the church is above that, is naive... but like i said before, maybe being naive is best for most people...

unshakeable15
06-13-2007, 02:19 PM
Good, glad you're done, because it's time to get back on track here.

timmyrotter
06-13-2007, 02:21 PM
if you read through everything, this does have to do with the people who reacted to the band promoting the movie...

unshakeable15
06-13-2007, 03:32 PM
Very true (i did read the thread), but it's moved beyond that. It's become more about who's run across crazy Christians and who's not. That's not what this thread is about.

Joelle
06-13-2007, 04:28 PM
how did you happen to become the global moderator??

timmyrotter
06-13-2007, 04:31 PM
Mike has been a Mod forever, and until we have a new leader, the Mods are basically running the place.

bob
06-13-2007, 04:32 PM
Now now Joelle, that's not how you keep a thread on track. It'd be best to ask Mike that question via Private Messaging. :P

Joelle
06-13-2007, 06:04 PM
thanks timmy. btw bob you're not keeping this thread on track either by responding..perhaps you should of private messaged me??
..please note the sarcasm, as some people dont notice it as quickly.

Joelle
06-13-2007, 06:06 PM
so who's planning to watch evan almighty???

The Lamma
06-13-2007, 06:07 PM
I know I am! I can't wait.

bob
06-13-2007, 06:09 PM
I'll see it. :)

Joelle
06-13-2007, 06:11 PM
it looks pretty funny. i think it's cool that God is black!!

timmyrotter
06-13-2007, 06:13 PM
Steve Carrel playing Noah. of course! i am an Office maniac!

DarkestRose
06-13-2007, 06:46 PM
so who's planning to watch evan almighty???

I might rent it. I don't go to the theater too often at all. I have a short attention span. Movies give me ideas which makes me want to write. And they are too expensive. Usually when I go to a cinema, it is someone else's idea.

But anyway, I saw a preview for it when I saw Bridge to Terabithia and I wasn't too interested it in it then. I really wasn't going to give it a second thought until Skillet and all those other Christian bands and Christian ministries groups were supporting it. That made me think there might be something worth supporting in it. But I might wait to hear what other people say about it before deciding if I want to see it.

The Lamma
06-13-2007, 06:48 PM
I hear what other people say and then I go to the theater. ;D

alienyouth9292
06-13-2007, 06:56 PM
i loved Bruce Almighty and i hope this one is still funny without becoming irreverent.....

DarkestRose
06-15-2007, 10:21 PM
Is Skillet gonna get invited to the movie premier? Because that would be cool.

alienyouth9292
06-17-2007, 03:57 AM
i saw "Rock the Boat", a special concert for the movie, and skillet was not there.....switchfoot played though!!!!:)

Joelle
06-24-2007, 02:23 PM
well i watched evan almighty last night. i've heard so much from both sides that i had to see for myself. and you know what? i thought the movie was amazing!!! i was actually very inspired by it. i definitely believe that someone has to see this movie before they go saying this is a mockery of the Bible because i found that it was nothing of the sort. im glad so many artists were promoting this movie including skillet. i'll probably go watch it again this week with my family. go watch it!

BondageDuck
06-24-2007, 08:50 PM
I agree with Joelle. I actually almost cried near the end. It made me realize that I need to be more like that, to follow God no matter WHAT everyone else says about you. I thought it had a very powerful message, & I don't remember anything overly inappropriate. If you want a Christian perspective, click here: http://www.pluggedinonline.com/movies/movies/a0003264.cfm

timmyrotter
06-24-2007, 08:53 PM
great movie... didnt care for the environmental message. but a great clean comedy.

Geneva
06-25-2007, 07:59 AM
My local news paper gave it like, half a star. Out of five.

But I'm still going to go see it sometime in the next couple weeks.

DarkestRose
06-25-2007, 08:11 AM
75-percent of the media reviews I found for the movie were negative. But it seems to be getting a strong amount of viewer-ship. I've been looking at reviews from movie-goers and, aside from Christians opposed to the movie and people upset at the mere mention of God, they seem to be pretty positive (though not as positive as what's on here) saying that it's cute. Based on all that, I've been thinking about only maybe seeing it and I've been putting it off.

Joelle
06-25-2007, 08:29 AM
you should watch it. you can't base your opinion on what anyone else says (including reviews). you have to see for yourself and what you think about it. everyone has an opinion.

DarkestRose
06-25-2007, 08:50 AM
True, but I wasn't very excited for the movie in the first place. I don't see many movies, so I have to be really into seeing a movie if I'm going to watch it.

Geneva
06-25-2007, 12:34 PM
I just got back from it. It was rather good.

The Lamma
06-25-2007, 12:50 PM
I would've liked to have seen the streamed version, but I missed it... :( I wonder when it will come to my local theatre?

timmyrotter
06-25-2007, 05:44 PM
Those of you still skeptical, i would like to challenge you to read the last chapter of Andrew Schwab's(project 86) book "its all downhill from here." it explains his view of things of that matter, and puts it in words that i could never. so check it out!

DarkestRose
06-25-2007, 05:59 PM
How does what he says explain whether the movie is good or not?

I may be in need to clarify that my reason for being disinterested was because a movie with that many animals seems to me to be a set-up for slapstick humor, which I find stupid.

alienyouth9292
06-25-2007, 06:01 PM
speaking of andrew schwab, i really enjoyed listening to a speech he made at a conference.....http://www.andrewschwab.com/secrecyshame.mp3

(sorry about going off topic!!)

timmyrotter
06-25-2007, 06:20 PM
How does what he says explain whether the movie is good or not?

I may be in need to clarify that my reason for being disinterested was because a movie with that many animals seems to me to be a set-up for slapstick humor, which I find stupid.

haha, the animals dont talk or anything, they do interact some with the humans at some points in a comedic way, but it isnt anything too far-fetched. it is mostly about Evan and his accepting of his task, and then carrying it out.

Joelle
06-25-2007, 06:28 PM
my friend has that book by andrew schwab perhaps i'll borrow it from him. i just came home from watching the movie again lol. it's so great. and my mom loved it...i guess that's kinda rare lol

DarkestRose
06-25-2007, 07:04 PM
What would be the level of humor done by prat falls, gross humor, etc?

alienyouth9292
06-25-2007, 07:11 PM
read http://jesusfreakhideout.com/movies/EvanAlmighty.asp

timmyrotter
06-26-2007, 12:51 AM
What would be the level of humor done by prat falls, gross humor, etc?

for a comedy, LOW. i slightly remember one slight innuendo, but that is it. there is some scenes of Evan building the ark and getting hurt, and a couple groin shots (much like tim allen movies) but i promise you will not leave the theater in disgust

Joelle
06-26-2007, 11:18 AM
ya it's not disgusting humour...because that turns me off too...it's pretty funny