I Bite
06-10-2007, 10:26 PM
So today I was going running and i had close to half a mile done and all of a sudden both of my lower calves/shins started hurting major bad. I kinda figured that it was just that burning sensation you get, ya know, when you work out, but by the time I had done one more lap, i was in lots of pain.
I thought maybe it was Shin Splints or something, but it's not like I haven't gone running before, and I didn't do anything different than the other times.
Plus, it wasn't even on my shin, it was like the sides of my leg...I stopped and stretched some more, cause I figured maybe it would help some. If anything it made it worse.
I ended up having to stop my run because I honestly couldn't do it, the pain was so bad. It was hard to walk into my house without it hurting.
The weird thing is, it doesn't hurt at all now...so i don't know what's up with it. I thought maybe I pulled a muscle, but on both legs? in the same exact spot? Has this happened to anyone else? does anybody know what this is called?

here's a picture of where it's at...
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t291/bcf1026/shin.jpg

Bassplayer
06-11-2007, 05:53 AM
hm, that sounds extremely interesting. i had problems with my legs, but i'm not sure if they're the same kind as yours. the arches of my feet would hurt and then it would spread up into my shins. the pain would radiate completely around my shin/calf. i was basically immobile until the pain stopped. it was supposedly from my growth-plates but i think that was a load of bull. i still get the pain sometimes, but i don't know what causes it. i had to take off of sports for almost 2 seasons until my legs healed, so you might want to take it easy at least for a month, that is, if the pain comes back next time you try. if so, go see a doctor.

bob
06-11-2007, 07:31 AM
Visit a doctor. :)

aliengurl7
06-11-2007, 07:42 AM
I think it is possible to pull muscles in both legs. Because a day after I did some Pier 1 work shipping boxes both my upper legs hurt like hell. Try putting some icyhot on it. But then again shin splints don't necessary have to be on the shins for it to be that either. And always remember to be well hydrated and stretch before you run.

saved226
06-11-2007, 08:28 AM
it could be like shin splints... just on a different part of your body. That happened to me during track alot except on the inside of my leg not the outside like yours.

ice fixes everything though. lol.