bob
06-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Ah yes, Dream Theater (http://www.myspace.com/dreamtheater). So much could be said about this band. They're probably the most talented group of musicians out there. I picked up their new CD Systematic Chaos last week and all I can say is "Wow!" Some parts on the album are so intense. There can be times where so much is going on it's overwhelming. Did I mention it sounds even better if you have it blasting through large speakers? I'd definitely reccomend picking the album up. If you shell out an extra $5 you get a DVD with it that has a 90 minute "Making the album" documentary. Very cool stuff.

pizza brain
06-12-2007, 03:44 PM
They have a great guitar player, too bad I can't say the same for the vocalist.

skilletfreak101
06-12-2007, 06:42 PM
yes that cd is very cool. my friend got the special edition and we watched the dvd...it was sweet watching them record the cd and stuff like that. they are a really good band and I'm seeing them august 9th...i can't wait!

bob
06-12-2007, 07:15 PM
I liked how John Myung spoke once the entire 90 minutes. :P

The Lamma
06-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Is there any free downloads? I know you've been telling me that they are great, Bob, and I don't like buying music I won't like, lol. Especially when I'm low on cash... Purevolume? Myspace? Label web site?

bob
06-12-2007, 08:20 PM
In my first post I provided a myspace link. Click on the hyper link. They have one song from their new album on, "Constant Motion".

If you're not familiar with their style, they play progressive metal which is referred to in short as prog metal. This basically consists of really long songs that are very tight and extremely technical. Dream Theater is one of the pioneers of the genre and arguably the best.

The Lamma
06-12-2007, 08:31 PM
Ok. Small, hidden links can sometimes evade me, lol.

skilletfreak101
06-12-2007, 08:55 PM
I liked how John Myung spoke once the entire 90 minutes. :P
haha yeah i know...all the other members of the band talk their heads off and the bassist says one word...it's hilarious. mike portnoy is sooooo funny on the dvd

bob
06-12-2007, 08:57 PM
My favorite track to this point is "Forsaken" but close behind that is "The Dark Eternal Night" and "In The Presence of Enemies" is rad too. Ah heck, I just like the entire CD. :D

The Lamma
06-13-2007, 12:13 PM
The remind me a lot of Rhapsody, which is like an Italian rock opera.