somasoul
06-19-2007, 02:57 PM
About 5 minutes long.

http://repentaustin.org/christian.html

What say you?

Daniel_Spenrath
07-04-2007, 06:38 AM
Thanks for promoting it, what did you think of the video?

somasoul
07-05-2007, 03:48 AM
I'm a little torn.

One the hand the American Church needs to be called out.
But I got the feeling that the preacher was calling out Christianity's Subculture of music (maybe not). Nonetheless, I know Christians who have placed "being cool" over Christ. In fact, one of the guys who brought me to Christ seemed to drift away from the Lord just to be cool. The odd thing was he was loved by lots of people for being so devout.

In the end I think the culture of the American Church needs to change. When the people in the congregation applauded about the preacher's desire to not be like Britney Spears I can only think that even if the congregation isn't like her, they provide a means for people like her to exist. Maybe by purchasing her albums, reading the gossip columns, etc. Even if we think her a fool we give her a reason to be around.

skynes
07-05-2007, 05:26 AM
Sorry I don't have much time to listen to things these days.

any possibility of a quick run-down of what it's about?

somasoul
07-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Sorry I don't have much time to listen to things these days.

any possibility of a quick run-down of what it's about?

You got ADD or something? Turn it on and listen while you surf.

DarkestRose
07-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Is it too long for a run down?

somasoul
07-05-2007, 03:05 PM
Is it too long for a run down?

The delivery is very important, something I cannot convey in text.

DarkestRose
07-05-2007, 03:08 PM
I see.

skynes
07-06-2007, 05:39 AM
You got ADD or something? Turn it on and listen while you surf.

...Yes actually. I would need to give it a full 5 minutes of interrupted attention. Something that's quite hard at the moment.

DarkestRose
07-06-2007, 02:14 PM
It might be nice just to give a run-down. I would think if there is anything worth hearing then it shouldn't be dependent on how it is delivered. A strong message is a strong message.

somasoul
07-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Why stop there? Let give you the rundown on the new Transformers movie and you can tell me if you liked it or not.

DarkestRose
07-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Fiction is different than non-fiction. A fictional story does require a certain delivery in order to be received. Non-fiction does not. If I wanted to tell you the Gospel, I would not need a pretty delivery, just the facts of the matter.

somasoul
07-06-2007, 05:06 PM
Just don't reply if you don't want to watch the video. Your four posts in this thread took more time than watching the video.