rock_out_loud7
06-27-2007, 08:06 PM
Ok, so this is something I have been quite confused about and unsure what to believe. My parents say one thing, and my pastor says another, and I honestly want to believe one over the other, but is it right?
When you are not saved, do you go straight to hell when you die? I mean, this is just so hard for me to face, I have so many family members and friends who are all lovely people, but are not saved. :-\ There are two ways to go about this.
1. You dont go to heaven when you die if you arent saved. Simple as that.
2. God does give is second chances, am I correct? He died for us so that we do not have to pay the price, and so that we can be forgiven for our sin. Also, if you are not saved, then do you have a choice at all to disobey god? Like, how can you be against something you honestly dont believe in.
I used to believe number two, that was final. But since I have been going to church, my pastor has been telling me differently. I am really confused about this. I have a hard time believing number one because the thought of my family burning in hell is too horrible a thought. Please share your thoughts about this.
Also, I used to think that everyone had another life after, just in a different body, and it keeps going untill you make it to heaven. But you never remember your life before. I know that sounds crazy, but I really used to believe it. What do you think?

alienyouth9292
06-27-2007, 08:16 PM
if you reject God's salvation through his Son, you will ultimately go to Hell when you die. John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. God has already given us a second chance through Jesus....i do not think that He will give us another, after all, He is just trying to make us obedient to Him.

DarkestRose
06-27-2007, 08:26 PM
The entire human race is fallen into sin through Adam. So we have a sinful nature and that nature alientates us from God. Mankind is totally depraved and perverse because of this. We think, do, and say horrible things that we don't even want to do. We let opportunities to do good deeds go. In short we are completely dysfunctional without God. In and of ourselves we cannot even remedy this condition nor work up the desire to. Genesis 1:26, 27; Rom 3:22, 23, 5:12; Eph 2:1-3, 12) The result of this is that we deserve death for God cannot be among anything less than holy and our sins demand justice.

This doesn't mean that people never do good because they do. They just can't stop doing bad things. It also doesn't mean that people don't have human worth because we do and it's from being made in God's image. Many people are kind, relatively good, law-abiding people albeit still plagued with sinfulness.

What the Jewish people would do was sacrifice animals and God would pardon their sins until the next animal sacrifice. Blood had to be shed for the forgiveness of sins; the perfect and innocent for the guilty. But in Jesus Christ, God ultimately sentences His Son to bear the sinfulness of all who would come to believe in Him. In this our sins are punished with blood and death meeting God's standard of holiness and justice, but God's mercy is also extended. Jesus Christ rising from the dead signifies the defeat of death. In Him, we've overcome.

If you don't take Jesus Christ's sacrifice for your sins, you're letting yourself be the one who pays for them. God statse that Jesus Christ is the One from whom we achieve salvation. (Eph 2:8-10; John 1:12; Eph 1:7; I Peter 1:18-19).

Also, what you previously believed in was reincarnation but (someone will have to cite the verse for me later) the Bible says that we die once and then face judgment.

skynes
06-28-2007, 12:39 AM
Hebrews 9:27 "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, "

rock_out, we're all in the same boat. We all have friends and family who don't trust in Christ. Friends and family who will ultimately reap what they have sown. It breaks my heart too.

You have a choice now. We have told you the truth, that unless they repent, your family and friends will perish.

You can now either deny this and believe in a lie to make yourself feel better, only for you to step into eternity alone.

Or you can do something about it.
While you cannot argue anyone into Christ, you CAN do something productive. Your everyday life is a testimony, for good or for evil. Everything you do is watched.

Sow hat I suggest you do, if you don't already, is start reading and praying daily.

It says in Psalm 1:

2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord, And in His law he meditates day and night.

3 He shall be like a tree Planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper.

This meditation is not sitting crossed legged going hummmmmmm. But is fillnig your mind with God's Word, thinking about it, turning it over in your mind.

Those who do this become fruitful and profitable. Notice that last line "And whatever he does shall prosper", that includes your preaching the Gospel to family and friends.

Make a daily habit of praying for them. That you would have opportunities to be a good witness for Christ around them and that God would work in their lives to bring them to Him.

I believe this reading and praying is your best course of action. What you do of course, is your choice.

rock_out_loud7
06-28-2007, 09:21 AM
I have already stated in another thread that I really want to starts a daily reading of the bible. And that is what I am going to do. Thank you all for clearing this up for me. I am going to pray, and ask god to work through me to bring more people to god. :)