bob
07-02-2007, 10:46 AM
So did anyone attend Creation East this year? I did. Anyone going to Creation West? I'm not, too far away. :P Anyway, I have some pictures from there. Including pictures of Skillet in concert.

They can be found here (http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=19137541&albumId=726817). Sorry, you have to have a myspace in order to see them. I'm not putting them somewhere else, it took me forever to upload them. I also made it on Creation's website. A picture of me rocking out to Skillet can be found here: http://web.mac.com/katland/iWeb/Creation07East/Wednesday.html

Skillet was the first band to play at Creation too. Then they were followed up by Bethany Dillon. :P I have no idea why they had her playing after Skillet. Seemed silly to me. But then why did they have Disciple play after KJ-52?

timmyrotter
07-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Skillet is opening the second day at creation west this year, which is crazy cause they have opened the festival for like 5 years straight. but it means they are more popular now, and its good cause i cant make it down till the second day this year.

bob
07-02-2007, 11:04 AM
Yeah, Skillet was always put on at like 1PM at Creation East which always sucked because it was so hot and the majority of the people shyed away. But after Skillet played at Creation East I went into the music store and there was a whole rack that had been filled with Comatose CDs which had been emptied for the most part.

Joelle
07-02-2007, 11:16 AM
did you get any pictures from flyleaf?

bob
07-02-2007, 11:20 AM
No, I didn't. I did see Flyleaf though. They did a good job. I also picked up their CD in my splurge. I took about 300 or so odd pictures at Creation. I just didn't feel like uploading them all to my myspace, so I only put 170. If I didn't know how to resize multiple pictures at once I wouldn't have bothered.

DarkestRose
07-02-2007, 02:11 PM
I love that pic of you on the Creation site. You're famous, James/Bob!

timmyrotter
07-02-2007, 02:33 PM
yeah last year at creation west they opened at 1pm, it was 105 degrees! and people in the pit were passing out left and right. then when i saw them in may, it was about 80-85 outside, add that to a sold out show of about 700 in a small building with no AC! john said it was the hottest he had ever been. the air was so thick, it was literally like being in a mild sauna. just standing, even away from people, you would sweat. and i have never seen any one person sweat more than john at that concert, it was flowing the whole concert.

john316
07-02-2007, 05:10 PM
Bob... I looked for you all day saturday but I didnt run into you :(

I was hoping to soften the blow about ph's closing down but didnt get to.

Hey what did you think of the newsboys?...I couldnt believe what a difference not having Phil Joel made. At times it didnt even sound like them at least i didnt think so.

timmyrotter
07-02-2007, 05:19 PM
what happened to Phil

john316
07-02-2007, 05:22 PM
what happened to Phil

He left the band about 2 months ago for personal reasons...they didnt replace him so his bass playing and backup vocals are gone and imo it showed.

timmyrotter
07-02-2007, 05:24 PM
they played without a bassist?

those must be some crazy personal reasons to leave a major band like that...

john316
07-02-2007, 05:28 PM
they played without a bassist?

those must be some crazy personal reasons to leave a major band like that...

Yeah really...I never heard what happened and yeah no bassist. The only band i remember playing without a bass was the now defunct Rock and Roll Worship Circus

timmyrotter
07-02-2007, 05:32 PM
when you are as big as the newboys, you can afford to hire someone. even if you just dont want to lose money you can. that is ridiculous, they are ripping people off. i could understand it if that just happened, but 2 months? plus a bass is relatively easy to play...

btw i love The Listening (rock and roll worship circus)

bob
07-02-2007, 05:50 PM
I looked for you too John. You might not have recognized me, I had a green and blue beard with green hair by Saturday.

The Newsboys sounded good to me, but Phil was missed. That drum battle between Peter and Duncan was amazing. Especially with the rotating platform. The platform Peter rised up on was a total surprise.

Phil left because he felt like it was his time to move on. He released a kids album this year.

Did you hear about Relient K's bus burning up shortly after leaving Creation and turning on to the PA turnpike? That really sucks for them. All their equipment and personal belongings burnt up.

alienyouth9292
07-02-2007, 07:18 PM
yea they lost a laptop with tons of unfinished songs....:(

bob
07-02-2007, 09:07 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1EGLSD8c6BY

Unregistered
07-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Phil left the newsboys last december. They have done this entire tour without him.

They must be doing something right...shows are sold out and they added a mess more shows for the fall due to demand.
I have seen them 3 times this year and think they do an amazing job of WORSHIPPING God.

Paul Colman has been an amazing addition to the band, he has been in the music business for a very long time. Check out some of his older stuff, www.paulcolman.com or the paul colman trio.

Phil left to pursue something very dear to him. Check out www.deliberatepeople.com if you want to be educated on why he left the boys. Sometimes God lays it on your heart to change paths for HIS own reasons, not ours!

Joelle
07-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Did you hear about Relient K's bus burning up shortly after leaving Creation and turning on to the PA turnpike? That really sucks for them. All their equipment and personal belongings burnt up.

that was relient k????!?!? i thought it was some unknown band or something but i guess i didnt read that it was relient k...wow...did someone set it on fire??

bob
07-12-2007, 08:49 PM
No, they were driving down the highway and it caught on fire. Luckily, no one was injured, but they lost all their equipment and belongings.

Crazy4U
07-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Heck Yes I Was At Creation East!!!!!!!!!

bob
07-13-2007, 02:34 PM
Heck Yes I Was At Creation East!!!!!!!!!

Sweetness, were you near the front for any of the shows? I was up front for Skillet, Family Force 5, Disciple, Project 86, Pillar, Emery, and the Newsboys. :)

Punkchick_002
07-13-2007, 09:05 PM
I wish that there was more stuff in Texas, stuff like Creation East/West, stuff like that! All we have is Celebrate Freedom, Red Letter Rock Fest, Collied Festival, and Aquire the Fire, thats all!!!!

DarkestRose
07-13-2007, 09:10 PM
That's pretty good though!

bob
07-13-2007, 09:13 PM
They were going to start a Creation South in Texas, but I guess that fell through. They were advertising for it last year. But I guess when Creation East 2006 got cancelled they had to cut South from the schedule this year. They lost $3 million last year.