BondageDuck
07-09-2007, 08:27 PM
I got online the other day to request The Older I Get on our local Top 40 station, & THIS is what I saw on the homepage!:

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/6796/skillet933on5.jpg

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

So I turned on the radio today & listened to stupid pop songs for about two hours & then I heard it: "We'll have SKILLET live in the studio this wednesday, if you wanna go, give me a call. First 5 callers get passes for you & a friend!" I grabbed the phone so fast. I had even programmed the number into my speed dial. I was the first caller! I GET TO SEE SKILLET THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

EDIT: And I thought it was really funny that they used an old Invincible picture for the photo on the homepage!

theelectric3
07-09-2007, 08:30 PM
awesome!

why did they use an old pic? hmmmmm....

DarkestRose
07-09-2007, 08:40 PM
Odd to use a pic with people who aren't even in the band anymore. So tell us how it goes with Skillet!

BondageDuck
07-09-2007, 08:42 PM
LoL, I know! It's so weird! But I will definitely post pics & video if I can!

JUST_SKILL-IT
07-09-2007, 09:21 PM
Wow!!!!!!!! Your so lucky! I usually listen to that station too, but I haven't in a while.

Punkchick_002
07-10-2007, 01:52 PM
Dude......you Are Soooooo Lucky!

Joelle
07-10-2007, 04:53 PM
oh you have got to be kidding...NO freakin WAY!!! while you're at it..you should ask korey about the alkeme cd. :)

Punkchick_002
07-11-2007, 08:15 PM
Dude....you are SO right.....try 2 get like 3...for me, Joelle, and I don't know, you, i guess!!!!!!

BondageDuck
07-11-2007, 10:10 PM
OMG, the show today was amazing!!!!!!!!

I took my boyfriend, my mom & my dad with me, & we showed up at the studio at about 9:30 am. The session was scheduled to start around 10:00. At about 9:45, Skillet showed up! Ben came in first & when he saw me he said, "Hey! I got your comment on myspace yesterday saying that you were going to be here, how are you?" :o I was so ecstatic to find out that they knew which myspace was mine, of all the millions of people on their friends list! John came in & gave me a high five & said, "Hey what's up girl! I had a funny feelin you might be here!" ;D Lori introduced herself to my parents & was like, "Oh yeah, we see her all the time, she's one of our biggest fans!" They went in to set up & we waited. It was funny to listen to John warm up, hehee. When they finally let us in Korey, Lori & Ben were already set up ready to go. "Were we supposed to make a grand entrance?" Ben joked. The DJ pointed to me & said, "Well, you guys already clearly know each other, so there are no need for introductions!" Korey had her keyboard set up atop a chair & we joked that her new stand was much more versatile. We chatted about keyboard stuff a bit, equipment & whatnot, while we waited for the show to begin. I was sitting in the very front row, & there were only about 8 other people in the room besides me & my parents & boyfriend. It was VERY laid back & VERY personal. John came into the room just then & went, "Wait a minute, where's my guitar, I just set it..." he turned around to see Sean holding his guitar & he was like, "Whew. I thought maybe I had put it somewhere & forgotten where again, I was like, 'crap!'" He sat down & started to chat with me a bit. "So have you been keeping track of how many shows you've been to now?" he asked me. I thought for a minute & said, "I think about...15, since 2001." "Wow," John said, "most of those have been in the last 8 months!"--he turned to everyone else & said--"She's our friend, she travels anywhere we play within about 10 hours driving distance, we like her!" ;D They played "Whispers In The Dark" first, & near the end I remembered that my camera was capable of video taping, so I taped the last minute or so of that. Then he went around & introduced the band, & then they played "The Older I Get" (I also caught all that on video, I'll post those as soon as I have a better internet connection & I can upload them to youtube). After it was over John talked a bit about how much he hates the name Skillet because he never expected the band to last for more than 2 months & so they did it as a joke & now he's stuck with it. :) "That's about all we have for you," John said, "But we'll be hangin out, if you want to hear more jokes I'm full of 'em!" Haha... So I went & talked to Korey first. "So Korey," I said, "there's been alot of discussion on panheads.org lately about where to find an Alkeme CD. They're in high demand! When I found out I'd be seeing you guys today everyone asked me to ask you if there were any more copies available." She seemed surprised. "Really?" she asked, "Well I've got hundreds of em lying around, who should I contact?" I told her that maybe whoever will be running the new forum now would be a good candidate. She wrote a note to herself on her hand & siad she'll be in touch. I had John sign a radio demo CD of "The One" for me & he said, "You know, that is one of my all time favirite songs that we've done. When we re-did that intro I was really pleased with it. And of course Korey sounds awesome. I really felt that that was a very underrated song. We've actually talked seriously about re-recording that & 'Locked In A Cage' as well." I told him that they should definitely do that, & put it on a greatest hits album. And with that album they should do a live concert DVD. :) "Yeah!" Lori piped up, "And we could have a contest to give away tickets & backstage passes to it!" John's eyes got really wide & he got a huge smile on his face. "YEAH!" he said, & looked at me, "This is awesome! Let's keep brainstorming, I love your ideas!" ;D My dad came over then & started talking with John a bit, & Ben & I started chatting about shows & whatnot. John told my dad the story about why he & Korey have tattoos, & I had never heard this story before! "When we first started playng major shows, I was really rockin out & getting really sweaty & all of a sudden my wedding ring flew off into the crowd! I couldn't find it, & a few days later we were unloading for another show & it fell out of one of the speakers! So that's when Korey & I decided it would be more practical to get the tattoos." We stood around & chatted awhile longer & finally said our goodbyes. :( "I'll be expecting to see you soon!" John told me, giving me a hug ("Hugs are better, we're friends," he said). It was seriously the best day of my life!! I'll post the videos ASAP, but for now here are some pictures!!

The whole band (http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/3706/dsci0406bs8.jpg)
Me & Korey (http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/8599/dsci0407qq1.jpg)

Punkchick_002
07-12-2007, 04:21 AM
KOOL! So....she does have some......ok...good! Also, did you mention me, at al....that I wanted one, you know...Kaity personally? LOL! JUST KIDDING, it won't hurt my feelings if you didn't (well...much anyway)!

So...they want to do a DVD, and rerecord some stuff, sweet cheese!!!!!!

You look like a girl that goes to my school......sorry, that was kinda random! But you do!

Joelle
07-12-2007, 04:32 AM
hello! that is totally the best story i have ever heard about someone meeting skillet. Cara how do you pronounce ALKEME?? because im going to their church this sunday and if she's there i want to ask her for one.

i have a question..about that radio demo for "the one" ..where is that from...is it old?? i love the song locked in a cage...that'd be great for live shows too!!

BondageDuck
07-12-2007, 08:59 AM
The way Korey said it was "Al-keh-me." That's just the way I've always said it too. *shrug* The radio demo was really hard to come by--I looked for it for about 6 years. There's a song by Smalltown Poets on it, & 3 different versions of "The One" (Radio & Album). I believe it also has "You're Powerful" on it. And I also agree that I'd love to hear them play "Locked In A Cage" live again!