Pretendeavor
07-10-2007, 04:17 AM
I ben listening to Paramore allot lately mainly cause the are supporting To Write Love On Her Arms and the also are great. If your into chick fronted bands than you will defently like them so go check there myspace out! link (www.myspace.com/paramore)

So anyone got there new cd "Riot!"?

bekbel
07-10-2007, 09:50 AM
I love Paramore, I think they are awesome. They are a really young band too. Hayley has awesome vocals.

I am not sure, I was thinking of getting Riot but I might get their older one.

I am sad that Hunter left the band...

Punkchick_002
07-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Dude...I love Paramore.....they are mt favorite band, right next to Skillet!!!!

Hunter left the band?????? I didn't know that? DANG IT!

Unregistered
07-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Dude...I love Paramore.....they are mt favorite band, right next to Skillet!!!!

Hunter left the band?????? I didn't know that? DANG IT!

Yeah how sad is that?? He is getting married. Which is cool obviously, but it is a bummer for the band.

bekbel
07-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Yeah how sad is that??

He is getting married...which is great of course, but sad for the band

DarkestRose
07-10-2007, 09:15 PM
Besides being fronted by a girl, are they like Flyleaf at all?

timmyrotter
07-10-2007, 09:58 PM
i like chick fronted bands, ive listen to paramore a few times, but i cant bring myself t enjoy thier music. i dont know what it is, but ill keep trying i guess. its just not catchy enough.

DarkestRose
07-10-2007, 10:12 PM
I've heard one song of theirs "Misery Business" and while I think that their lead singer has good vocals, I didn't like the song. I didn't like the music video for it either. It was too Mean Girls-oriented.

Is there other stuff better? And again, how comparable to Flyleaf are they? I've heard a few people compare the two bands already and I'm not sure if that's a valid comparison or not.

cinnamonxspider
07-11-2007, 08:49 AM
Not gonna lie...I logged in JUST so I could post to this thread.

Like Flyleaf? Not so much. At least I wouldn't think so. Paramore's a lot more poppy (and obviously, she doesn't scream), and yeah. I find Flyleaf to be heavier.

If you want comparison, I hope this won't turn you guys off really bad, but I'll go out on a limb here. Think Avril Lavigne, except with a way better set of pipes and better songwriting (although that's something that will improve even more within the next album).

And Evan, if you want to pick up a cd of theirs, don't pick up the first. The most recent one is a MILLION times better.

I guess that's that. Personally, I think Paramore is my current fav band.

Joelle
07-12-2007, 01:39 PM
ya...they are more pop..punk type..with more anthem type songs..and flyleaf is more heavier..they both have good lyrics..hayley doesnt scream...but she has amazing vocals. i guess that's the comparison.

bekbel
07-12-2007, 03:02 PM
I kind of know what you mean Timmy, I like the band and think they have a great sound and all that but I just can't seem to really get into it like I can with other bands.